[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hey Kevin Ward, either you or the other one with the same name, is along with giant Artie, my favorite props ever, but did any one try to drag him or you out to Oz before 87? I am not sure his name comes up when talking about the best Pom imports but he was to me right near the top. Before he arrived Bozo said he was so tough that you couldn't drive a nail thru him, well spotted whoever saw his talent
Yeah, loved his moustache and toothless smile. He was one hard unit.

I reckon @CBreeagles made a great point
Please tell me more about these Manly-bred coaches that are willing to come take the job and are in such a high abundance.

I reckon this is the key point:handpointup:

In order to return all the values and meet the criteria that has made us so successful, there would need to be an ex-Manly great that is currently within some reasonable coaching ranks some where out there.
This ex-player turned Coach would then have to show a successful record in lower tier comps and progress up to our club again.
Then we have a new Coach that is also at the mercy of Bob Fulton and Player & Team Managers and CEO's and various Board members (alot had to go right for Des and others before him). Then we need to get someone to emulate Crushers recruitment and talent spotting.
Finally a great strength and conditioner and a bit more luck and timing..

If Cliffy or Beaver show more criteria then anything is possible. But we have to feel fortunate and reasonable about our history. So many factors have to align in order to have the success we've had. I am definatley NOT saying it has all been luck. I just think Barrett shouldn't be discarded for not having our glorious past resources and fortunes at his disposal.
Des and Tooves won't happen so I dunno who else could fit the bill for now. I support Baz and won't assume another coach could have done better with our current Roster, CEO, Bozo factor, supper staff etc until they've done so. Very long winded and diplomatic way of saying.. Hang in there ;)

Bennett failed at Newcastle because he didn't grasp the culture
Losing a player to a catastrophic spinal injury didn't help though. Sent a pall through the whole club, understandably.

Let's understand that @bazeagle is entitled to his opinion as well, he's been a thoughtful, insightful poster on here for some time and is understandably upset at the current situation ( as no doubt we all are).

I get it, I may not agree with it but I certainly get it.

So no " dummy spit " from me!
Bollocks!

Let's understand that @bazeagle is entitled to his opinion as well, he's been a thoughtful, insightful poster on here for some time and is understandably upset at the current situation ( as no doubt we all are).

I get it, I may not agree with it but I certainly get it.

So no " dummy spit " from me!
Good man Mark, thanks as I said earlier your posts are always great to read and always carefully considered. mickqld is the same - he is a person of few words but always pretty much nails it. I don't care if I get a thousand dummy spits - I am upset as you point out and I am also a very passionate supporter. Patronising "hang in there" and other posts suggesting that my posts are somehow "un-Manly" are a waste of time and they should be the ones getting multiple dummy spits or just deleted for not contributing to the debate in a relevant way.

It's this: our Manly spirit.
I have come to love and admire this DEFENSIVE NEVER SAY DIE spirit so much AND it's gone this year. Where is it? GONE. We all know defence wins games.
A coach that's not played for Manly cannot and will not ever understand this.

So that's No 1.
No 2 - where the hell is our attack?
Same problem - how many times do I see DCE spinning around with no idea in the opposition 20?

Our new coaching regime has managed to produce rare good defensive efforts and the odd good attacking set play or two and for mine this was on display in the Warriors win.

And there it ends.

Injuries? Yeah. Every NRL side faces those. I don't buy it.
Barrett has to go along with Cartwright. They're both bludgers with no idea.

I don't want to sit at Brookie in my season seat watching another repeat of this season. That's reality.
If you're in a seat watching a second repeat of this season you may well blow a fuse, a repeat would be bad enough! Warning - Just a Joke and a mild Tautology perhaps

Toovey did a fine job I believe and could have won a title with a team good enough to challenge for the title. I suspect that Manly will challenge for the title again when we have the players and the rest of the factors in place. You seem very convinced that Barrett is a dud based on his record as if this is almost certain proof of the future. You could be right but I can't tell. Based on this logic getting a coach with a great track record will lead to success? Plenty of coaches who win titles are no longer employed because they have times when they have years like Barrett has just had or similar. If we had a coach with a good record this year are you sure we would be in the eight? What would be stopping the Bunnies or Easts being in the eight if it is as simple as a good coaching record and six rep players? Any predictions for next year based on coaches or anything else?
Catch the game at Brookvale today?

Toovey did a fine job I believe and could have won a title with a team good enough to challenge for the title. I suspect that Manly will challenge for the title again when we have the players and the rest of the factors in place. You seem very convinced that Barrett is a dud based on his record as if this is almost certain proof of the future. You could be right but I can't tell. Based on this logic getting a coach with a great track record will lead to success? Plenty of coaches who win titles are no longer employed because they have times when they have years like Barrett has just had or similar. If we had a coach with a good record this year are you sure we would be in the eight? What would be stopping the Bunnies or Easts being in the eight if it is as simple as a good coaching record and six rep players? Any predictions for next year based on coaches or anything else?
Also, Wayne Bennett, Trent Robinson and Michael Maguire are proven performers, who can be forgiven for a bad year. Trent Barrett had an average record at best, and was afforded all the recruitment luxury he desired. You will need to make a far better case than the one you have put up.

Also, Wayne Bennett, Trent Robinson and Michael Maguire are proven performers, who can be forgiven for a bad year. Trent Barrett had an average record at best, and was afforded all the recruitment luxury he desired. You will need to make a far better case than the one you have put up.
How do you know he was afforded all the recruitment luxury he desired? Very easily pleased is our coach in that case. So a "proven" coach who comes to Manly and has such a bad year people like you ignore the luxury roster and injuries and rebuilding factor yet an unproven coach has a bad year and it'off with his head. You need to study a bit of logic. So a proven coach like Stuart has ten bad years , does that prove anything to you? See you're looking to prove things that can't be proven and you can't see it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10