The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who writes and checks the accuracy of these stories.
They just make up something that sounds interesting or suits their agenda and nobody fact-checks them...obviously.

This is a perfect example as well.
"The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players"

Really? A number of players? Who exactly?

Yep, nobody.

I am happy about this. In a year when the team is coughing and spluttering, I get enjoyment from watching the development of individual players. This year I have really enjoyed seeing the development of Lane and Kelly, guys that I had hope for but low expectations at the start of the year. Will they be world beaters? Probably not but these two have delivered exceptional value for money.

Has definitely gone to a better level this season and there did seem to be some uncertainty whether he was still contracted into next season so is pleasing that he will continue be with Manly . Was a bit concerned with some of his defensive efforts against the Storm[ and not so much missing Chambers ] but that he may be reverting to some of his defensive problems from last season, however he rebounded really well against the Raiders. . I guess that time will tell in regard to retaining him after next season but has an excellent attitude , undoubted playing ability and have thought since last season that he could even make a good fist of being a capable 6 as well but not any time soon .

Glad he's staying with us.

Has some of the best footwork i've seen. Barrett needs to figure out a game plan which gives Kelly some early ball and plenty of space. Maybe Tommy not running so sideways might help.

A some way to go with his defence still, first contact is mostly poor.

Last edited:
Glad he's staying with us.

Has some of the best footwork i've since. Barrett needs to figure out a game plan which gives Kelly some early ball and plenty of space. Maybe Tommy not running so sideways might help.

A some way to go with his defence still, first contact is mostly poor.
He had one chance with the football with some space on his edge and he burnt Leilua with a beautiful step and some pace off the mark. Both our centres need the ball with some space before the defensive line and they will show us how good they are. Walker was given early ball throughout last year and he was then voted the Dally M centre of the year. I'm glad that Kelly's been resigned but completely agree that we need to utilise him better.

One of the best traits a centre can have, is making his winger look better, and that is something Kelly has going for him already at this stage of his career

Taufua wasn't great a couple of seasons back after Matai departed, but found some form again last year outside Kelly, and I don't think it is a coincidence that Uate played very well outside him either. Uate looked outstanding outside Walker last season as well but has dipped a bit with Walker out of the side

Lyon always had that quality as well

They just make up something that sounds interesting or suits their agenda and nobody fact-checks them...obviously.

This is a perfect example as well.
"The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players"

Really? A number of players? Who exactly?

Yep, nobody.

Well these 4 won't be on the payroll next year for starters;
Nate Miles
Akuila Uate
Jackson Hastings
Lewis Brown

Good natural footballer. With any luck will be a career player at Manly. Like Sulis power but this kid has more strings to his bow.

Well these 4 won't be on the payroll next year for starters;
Nate Miles
Akuila Uate
Jackson Hastings
Lewis Brown

Yes, but NONE of them because of the claimed "Sea Eagles’ cap situation", they are all discards..

The only player that MAY fall into this claim is Darcy, but I think they just didn't want to keep him with all the guys coming through and he got a great long term offer elsewhere AND he costs at least twice as much as our upandcomers.

We all have our views and expectations and we all say as we see it .
My fitness training over the years has turned me into a very competitive person that likes winning and big plays and dislikes losing and mediocre performances .
Last week Brain had a sound game . Lets hope he has another this week . Its all up to Brian .

NO!!!!! You have failed .... you have been the one that has failed to see even a glimmer of merit in Kelly. You have been the one to post 100's of abusive and dismissive posts any time any body gave the kid any praise ...

You have been the one who has refused 100's of calls to ease up on the kid by spewing this win nonsense as an excuse to be an arrsehole ........ and call a great young man a stain on the Manly jersey .... all because he is not as good as you would like ....

So NO!!! it is not up to Kelly .... it is up to you to grow up ... stop the win bullshiite ..... apologise to Kelly and accept that you may have been wrong .... like all of us have been on occasion .....

Kelly is developing nicely. I was critical of him early in respect of poor handling and his defense. But he has worked hard on his defence and it has improved significantly and his handling has also improved. Young Kelly has sublime footwork and I hope we can hang onto him long term. My biggest criticism is that we waste his talents and Walkers talents by not getting early ball to them. Probably a case of DCE trying too hard and trying to do too much on his own. Lets hope with Hodkinson on board that DCE relaxes a bit and trusts his outside men to use their talents a bit more often.

I don't believe Kelly was in anybody's plans to be a full time FG'er last year ..... injuries to Matai and Snake just made it happen ...

He was young, inexperienced with several short comings in his game .... but he never dropped his lollies and even in his worst games went looking for work ...... he displayed both courage and resilience ...

It is obvious that he has recognised and worked on those short comings and continues to improve and impress ..... he is a fair way behind players like Lyon and Matai ..... he may never reach those levels ...... but if character and hard work have any thing to do with getting there I wouldn't be betting against him ....

PSS and has the best happy feet I have seen .... evar ....

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...9/news-story/5574acdfbe0fabb91b1037e008dd494f

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman confirms centre Brian Kelly will be at Manly in 2019

MANLY CEO Lyall Gorman has confirmed the Sea Eagles will retain centre Brian Kelly despite fears he could be released due to the club’s salary cap drama.

Kelly had received interest from the Wests Tigers and Cowboys, but Gorman said the Lismore-born back is contracted and staying at Brookvale.

“Brian is contracted for next year,” Gorman told The Daily Telegraph about Kelly, who has scored three tries in 12 games this year.

“Absolutely, he will be here next season.”

Kelly’s retainment is a big boost for a Manly side that has been plagued by off-field drama all season.

The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players, including Fijian flyer Aku Uate.

Despite the negative headlines, the Sea Eagles have showcased impressive resilience to only be two wins outside the top eight.

Manly host a struggling North Queensland side minus Origin players at Lottoland on Thursday night.

In other news, Gorman confirmed the Sea Eagles are closing in on filling up to five backroom staff roles, including a new recruitment manager.

“Some roles are done and others are still a work in progress,” he said.

“We are looking at employing about four or five people.

“We have a recruitment manager in the club already in Scott Fulton, but we are looking to go to market for a senior NRL list manager.

“We are in the process of doing that. “We want to get it done ASAP, but we’d much prefer to get the right person.

“Our recruitment is done for this year and a large percentage for next, but it’s about getting the right person with a long-term view not a short-term.”

Monday Bunker: 'Daly Cherry-Evans should have been the halfback'

This follows coach Trent Barrett’s request for the club to strengthen its support staff.

Barrett conceded it has been a battle operating without key roles like a recruitment manager.

“There are some things that we needed to address from an administration point of view,” Barrett said.

“We have had a fair few people leave the place in the last 12 months and if we want to put the club and the team up the pointy end of the ladder again we have to get a lot of things right off the field.

“I’ve spoken to Lyall (Gorman) and Scott (Penn) about that and they’ve ensured me they are on the front foot trying to put a few more things around the football staff that can help us.

“I think the whole place would be better for it.

“We certainly don’t like seeing where the club is at the moment. We don’t like the position we are on the table and we want to fix it.”
You gotta love these articles!

Kelly’s retainment

Yes, why wouldn't we retain him when “Brian is contracted for next year,” Gorman told The Daily Telegraph Does the Tele interviewer not listen to the answers they're getting from the person they are talking to? Actually, don't answer that. Next!

The Sea Eagles’ cap situation has forced the club to part ways with a number of players, including Fijian flyer Aku Uate.

Part ways? Well... I mean yes, he is off contract so by not resigning a player, one on the downside of his career with a flawed game, then yeah I suppose we are parting ways. Anyway, next!

Barrett conceded it has been a battle operating without key roles like a recruitment manager.

But, but you said, like, just a tiny bit earlier that “We have a recruitment manager in the club already in Scott Fulton..." Why are you contradicting yourself so much within the space of a few sentences tele..? What is the truth..? is it the stuff in quotation marks meaning it's a quote from an actual person to the reporter who then inserted it in the article as a quote? Or is it the other stuff that was seemingly made up by a hobo passing by the open laptop of the reporter who had ducked off to take a quick piss and forgot to lock their screen? Anyway, :clapping::clapping::clapping: great journalism yet again...

Bozo is into the tough hard running no nonsense speedy players who look spectacular on the field. He's not into the subtle, the nimble, the canny. He likes them strong, powerful, direct. Thing is one complements the other. Two the same are predictable The best centre combinations Manly has had have always been of very different syles of player.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8