The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerry1

First Grader
Will go nowhere. Verbally guaranteed. Club disputed it. Hasn't got a leg to stand on. Anyway he will be back at Manly next year so I'm sure they will work something out.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Yeh I'm pretty sure it was Clag, and it was 1950s. I remember because I was there then. It was a time of ink wells, sticks with nibs on the end, reused paper, chalk, mum's sandwich lunches, small bottles of milk for 'playtime' and singing God Save the Queen on special occasions. On 24 November 1959, there was a large hail storm and everything outside of the class room was white. I remember because it was my birthday.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Yeh I'm pretty sure it was Clag, and it was 1950s. I remember because I was there then. It was a time of ink wells, sticks with nibs on the end, reused paper, chalk, mum's sandwich lunches, small bottles of milk for 'playtime' and singing God Save the Queen on special occasions. On 24 November 1959, there was a large hail storm and everything outside of the class room was white. I remember because it was my birthday.

And the cane. No psychological dithering then. Just a whack on the fingers and get on with it.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
And the cane. No psychological dithering then. Just a whack on the fingers and get on with it.

Yep. This was Brookvale Public School and I also remember on that day one kid broke his leg running across the play ground and slipping on the ice...ah the memories

yokahontas

Bencher
Clag was pretty good

We had Clag in the 80s as well, but it was awful - no flavour at all! At least Perkins Paste had a nice salty taste...so did playdough, for that matter. But that's because it was homemade playdough, made from flour, water and salt - I used to eat handfuls of it when I was little lol

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Quite a few Italian families living in Brookvale. In those days you had to watch the Catholics...they were the Muslims of their day. Had sports carnivals on Brookvale Oval and always looked forward to the old Brookvale Show, a major event of the year. The other big event was Cracker Night initially on Empire Day 24 May, then on Commonwealth Day June 16 which is now Queens birthday. I was most disappointed when Cracker Night was given the boot. Remember going to some huge community bonfires in the district around Narraweena. It was a great time to be young in the 50s and 60s. Not much money around but everyone got on well and no fear going with your mates to the beach when aged only about 9 or 10. And then of course sitting on the Hill, sun, rain, sleet at Brookie Oval. Top times

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
We had Clag in the 80s as well, but it was awful - no flavour at all! At least Perkins Paste had a nice salty taste...so did playdough, for that matter. But that's because it was homemade playdough, made from flour, water and salt - I used to eat handfuls of it when I was little lol

That's it.

winnyason

Bencher
images-1.jpeg

Trust me foz it's a sure thing

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16