• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Are we keeping our cards close to our chest so that we are not giving the Titans another opportunity make a play at cherry if indeed he has stayed loyal?

By announcing on the deadline this would remove any chance anyone else may have ? and also stop us from potentially paying more than needed ?

Just a thought, could be wrong.

In saying that I guess he wouldn't then backflip on a backflip lol so if they announced him staying then that would be final.

Are we keeping our cards close to our chest so that we are not giving the Titans another opportunity make a play at cherry if indeed he has stayed loyal?

By announcing on the deadline this would remove any chance anyone else may have ? and also stop us from potentially paying more than needed ?

In saying that I guess he wouldn't then backflip on a backflip lol so if they announced him staying then that would be final.
They can't. The round 13 rule doesn't apply to the incumbent club; we can register him at any time and the Titans can't do a thing about it, nor can any other club - no counter.

They can't. The round 13 rule doesn't apply to the incumbent club; we can register him at any time and the Titans can't do a thing about it, nor can any other club - no counter.

Ahh right, hmm then perhaps waiting for the best time to announce it for his sake IF he has indeed agreed to stay.

Because we know that if a Manly player back flips all hell will break loose across the media.

The silence could mean many things I guess, I am surprised at the amount of times I come on to check this thread for the 'latest word' but I just hope he stays lol.

if we sign him he can't backflip on us just so you know. IMO the delay could be us working through third party deals e.g. fox sports to ensure the packet is enough

Ahh right, hmm then perhaps waiting for the best time to announce it for his sake IF he has indeed agreed to stay.

Because we know that if a Manly player back flips all hell will break loose across the media.

The silence could mean many things I guess, I am surprised at the amount of times I come on to check this thread for the 'latest word' but I just hope he stays lol.
Could also be to ensure he gets picked for queensland first. If he hasn't backflipped and then they pick him they can't unpick him

Jeez, I cannot WAIT until the speculation is over, and we can just focus on rebuilding form, culture, team spirit and enjoyment in the game.

I would think the club would be very mindful of the
media stalking that went on a few weeks ago and be looking to minimise that for him this time.

And as I say over there it would seem the pieces are falling into place nicely , all we need now is one more BIG announcement .

Although, I'm not getting my hopes up.......if it happens I'll do cartwheels , if it doesn't I'll be no further disappointed than I have been.

Adam Lucius at sportal writes his prediction
Daly Cherry-Evans will backflip on his Gold Coast deal, telling all that he never wanted to leave in the first place. He will be loved and hated in equal doses
Lurker comments on how close to the mark he is on this prediction
Not sure if this has already been posted

Also said only thing holding him back is public perception - and that would last all of three days.

Good point by Webster. The worst thing DCE could be thinking is that he needs to go to the Gold Coast for the sole reason that his reputation will take a hit if he doesnt. The media cycle is so quick and the public memory so short that, should he stay, people won't even remember that it was an issue a week or two down the track. The media will move on, the whole thing will be forgotten. A number of players who are now superstars with massive public profiles have done some truly horrendous things that nobody now remembers. DCE not going to the Titans is, relatively speaking, really not going to rate on the Public Consciousness and will have zero effect on his reputation long term.

Should he stay, he will be doing absolutely nothing wrong. The system allows for a change of mind - its designed that way and its been done multiple times by other players - none of whom are remembered for it.

Should he stay, you can't even call it a 'change of mind'. He will have had a substantially more attractive contract put before him than before. Different circumstances for him to consider from those that lead to his initial decision to go to the Titans. No one can blame him for reconsidering in light of this. Webster is spot on.

DCE, Don't make a decision that is going to affect the rest of your life because you're worried about your reputation. This moment will be a blip in the bigger picture of your long term career. The media circus will move on to something else in less than a week. If you go, you're gone for good to a club with a proven long term history of failure. Stay at Manly and be a one club legend.

Good point by Webster. The worst thing DCE could be thinking is that he needs to go to the Gold Coast for the sole reason that his reputation will take a hit if he doesnt. The media cycle is so quick and the public memory so short that, should he stay, people won't even remember that it was an issue a week or two down the track. The media will move on, the whole thing will be forgotten. A number of players who are now superstars with massive public profiles have done some truly horrendous things that nobody now remembers. DCE not going to the Titans is, relatively speaking, really not going to rate on the Public Consciousness and will have zero effect on his reputation long term.

Should he stay, he will be doing absolutely nothing wrong. The system allows for a change of mind - its designed that way and its been done multiple times by other players - none of whom are remembered for it.

Should he stay, you can't even call it a 'change of mind'. He will have had a substantially more attractive contract put before him than before. Different circumstances for him to consider from those that lead to his initial decision to go to the Titans. No one can blame him for reconsidering in light of this. Webster is spot on.

DCE, Don't make a decision that is going to affect the rest of your life because you're worried about your reputation. This moment will be a blip in the bigger picture of your long term career. The media circus will move on to something else in less than a week. If you go, you're gone for good to a club with a proven long term history of failure. Stay at Manly and be a one club legend.

I've said before, if what guys had done in the past counted for anything in the world of rugby league then half the commentators would be **** canned - Matty Johns et al

This all sounds very positive. If Paul Kent is correct and our base offer is more and the GC haven't even got his TPA's sorted yet then I can't see him leaving.

Sounds like his PR team are already orchestrating the change of heart. If the Titans didn't come up with their end of the bargain then he has no choice but to backflip for the good of his family.

I fit is true that our base offer is higher than the Titans than that would really work in our favour.

As far as I understand, the club has to guarantee the base offer, but TPA can in theory fall through.

I know if it was me I would want the security if the money is about the same. I also think his marketable value outside of footy is greater in Sydney aswell.

Adam Lucius at sportal writes his prediction
Daly Cherry-Evans will backflip on his Gold Coast deal, telling all that he never wanted to leave in the first place. He will be loved and hated in equal doses
Lurker comments on how close to the mark he is on this prediction
Not sure if this has already been posted
Yer read that .. sounds like good news is approaching.

I fit is true that our base offer is higher than the Titans than that would really work in our favour.

As far as I understand, the club has to guarantee the base offer, but TPA can in theory fall through.

I know if it was me I would want the security if the money is about the same. I also think his marketable value outside of footy is greater in Sydney aswell.

I think his possible TPA with Fox is the really big issue with all this, we have all heard about it, and no doubt Fox will want him as the future Maroon & Australian Captain ( my conjecture) to be a regular .

If that deal is done, and we offering higher up front $$$, I reckon he'll stay!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11