• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
* If Manly have set a deadline for the end of next round, then he isn't "in the bag"
* I don't think that DCE responds favorably to deadines (past experience)
* We would already know if we had bagged him.
* I don't think Chez knew about the deadline. Orr and Joker had a pissing contest and Chez ended up a millionaire but Manly Fans bereft of a halback

Mavin

Bencher
* We would already know if we had bagged him.
* I don't think Chez knew about the deadline. Orr and Joker had a pissing contest and Chez ended up a millionaire but Manly Fans bereft of a halback

Let's hope DCE knows about this deadline and let's also hope this doesn't stuff Monday Nights game for us DCE's mind on other things.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Maybe Sandow was out test driving a new Commodore because he just signed a fat contract with us :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
Titans plan to play it patient on Daly Cherry-Evans amidst rumours that the halfback will renege
  • 1 HOUR AGO MAY 14, 2015 7:16PM
Manly Sea Eagles jubilant after snaring Nate Myles
external

MYLES TO MANLY: Origin prop signs on three-year deal

It will be an anxious but calculated wait until the Round 13 backflip deadline has passed.

“As far as we’re concerned nothing has changed,” Annesley said.

“We believe that he (Cherry-Evans) should be just left alone to get on with the rest of his season at Manly and we’ve got no reason to believe that anything is likely to change.’’

For his part, Myles tried to juggle the political hot potato on radio yesterday by insisting he did not sign with Manly because of inside knowledge Cherry-Evans was about to change his plans.

They are friends, but they are individuals with their own families to consider as a priority.

Myles opted for the richer deal at Manly and to take his actor wife Tessa closer to where she can work for their long term plans rather than remaining at the Titans where he would need third party deals to get anywhere near his new salary.

Myles thinks Manly’s roster is in good shape. He must know something nobody else does, because right now they don’t have a halfback or five-eighth for next season.

“I didn’t make my decision with Manly thinking things might change for him,’’ Myles told Triple M radio.

440416-efea3d8c-fa16-11e4-9416-e181221d5c3b.jpg

Myles signed with the Titans on a three year deal earlier this week. Source: Getty Images

PAUL KENT: Will DCE flip?

“I had to make sure my decision was about me and (wife) Tess. I couldn’t make decisions about what could happen and what might happen.

“I’d be a silly man to make my decision for three years off a hope and a wish of someone doing that (Cherry-Evans reneging on Titans deal).

“I looked at the roster Manly will have and I was very comfortable in my decision.’’

The Titans are also comfortable in their decision. They released a strategic plan to members last night that committed to taking the club to the finals consistently in the coming years.

They have set benchmarks for growth on and off the field and Cherry-Evans is the centrepiece of it all.

Myles was in those plans too, but not at any cost. Now they must find a replacement.

“Of course there is a plan in place,” Annesley said. “Nate was made an offer to stay and that offer was made in full knowledge of what our capability was under the cap for next year.

“He decided to take an alternate offer. That is pretty much part and parcel of professional football.

“Players make choices based on offers put in front of them. Of course we’re sad to see him go but we understand that is professional rugby league.’’

Myles is being made out to be the steak knives in a Cherry-Evans package. The Titans are happy to call that bluff.

Originally published as Titans playing it patient with DCE
COMMENT ON THIS STORY

ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Comments Form

Last edited:

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Seems to contradict the other story that DCE phoned them yesterday.

One thing I know never believe what is written in the papers!

ShakeySeaEagle

Reserve Grader
Our best bet would be if Titans announce they have signed Robson/Hodgkinson/Maloney/Carney (be ironic him playing for the NRL) etc. so then the future of the club does not rest with DCE and not as much pressure for him to go there.

Essex Eagle

“I looked at the roster Manly will have and I was very comfortable in my decision.’'

Based on that quote from the Myles interview then we almost certainly have our halves sorted out for next year. Be it DCE staying or that we have already signed a replacement but kept it under wraps...unless he thinks TBA & TBC are players initials

Snake

Snake's Alive!
“I looked at the roster Manly will have and I was very comfortable in my decision.’'

Based on that quote from the Myles interview then we almost certainly have our halves sorted out for next year. Be it DCE staying or that we have already signed a replacement but kept it under wraps...unless he thinks TBA & TBC are players initials

Based on that quote, Nate Myles has certainly undertaken club imposed media training and is happy with the rich deal he has just signed.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
On the Big Sports Breakfast Andrew Webster said that Daly met with Bob Fulton last week and with Nate Myles signing, he would be stunned if Daly didn't stay now.
Also said only thing holding him back is public perception - and that would last all of three days.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread is the Seinfeld thread...a lota talk about nothing
And we go on, and on, and on.

We all just need to be patient, there's nothing we can do but wait for the 5th June, or after the 9th of June if we hear nothing by the 5th ( meaning he will be a Titan in 2016).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14