The BulLOLdogs #LOLBULLDOGS Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In De$ we trust ... to bring discord and upheaval to those who dare to think they might be above him.
LOVIN IT!!!!!

Bearfax said:
Firstly I'm a Manly supporter of over 50 years of watching the great club strut its stuff.

But Unlike many I have nothing but respect for Des who took us to two premierships and three grandfinals and helped drag Manly from the potential abyss to being today one of the heavy weights. His timing was a little inappropriate but in leaving so quickly, and lets accept it was a business decision, he was allowing himself and Toovey time to take over the reins and at least allow some preparation time for the following year. And remember Toovey was always ear marked as heir apparent.

Same applies with Greenberg. We at Manly might hate him for grabbing Hasler and so many of our support coaching and recruitment staff and some players, but that's what a shrewd operator does. He has also built Canterbury back up from the scrap heap to be one of the heavy weights of the comp.

Quite frankly Greenberg is one smart operator and I thought it was a mistake when he was overlooked for the top league job, and still think that. But his recruitment now as head of football, is I think the first really smart move the League has done in a long time. Potentially he could be another Arko, and I know this might incite verbal violence and derogatory statements about my parents marital status when I was born, but I have to be detached here and think of the welfare of the game as a whole.

And dont forget that Greenberg's absence from Canterbury, may also weaken the dogs in future, if we must have a parochial slant on this.

With all due respect I disagree with your entire statement.
1. Whilst much credit is due to Des for rebuilding the team, the manner of his departure and his attempts to destabilise/ruin us by taking as much of the staff and players with him takes away any respect we may have had. In fact it soils any notion we had that he was a loyal servant to our club at any point.

2. Why is Greenberg a smart operator? To use your clubs funds to lure a top line coach is not as difficult as finding a potentially great coach and appointing him. I believe that the people responsible for giving Des a chance deserve more accolades and were shrewder than Greenberg who simply picked an established coach and threw a massive offer his way.

Thus far Canterbury are still the same as they were before Hasler's arrival. An up and down club. In recent history they have been as close to the wooden spoon as they are to a Minor Premiership.

Greenberg is just a smart guy who aligns himself with success and good decisions. It makes him appear to be the architect. He speaks well and is confident. He is adored by Dogs fans but his persona belies the fact that the only thing the club have won during his tenure is a wooden spoon.

bones said:
Maybe the 'Family Club' can bring back Les Bateman as CEO.

Exactly the reason why I would never trust that slimebag Greenburg. Makes me sick to see that weasel rimming his way to the top of the NRL.

I can see this thread going ALL YEAR, they just keep throwing up stuff that keeps it rolling and rolling and rolling!!!

It is indeed a " megathread"

Greenturd has just got a promotion on the back of his lies of the past year.

He said james graham DIDN'T bite billy slater, that the dog players DIDN'T abuse that female reporter and also that barba needed time away from the game and therefore rehab only to do an about face and say "listen to these words carefully.....ben NEEDS football" when the dogs were losing.

Crap, crap and more crap and those idiots in the media fell for the lot of it! Not to mention his dealings with hasler in an underhanded way stating he was flying overseas for an english candidate and was even interviewed at the airport only to find it was a stunt!

This is the guy who is going to help run the game overall???

God help us!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Bearfax said:
Firstly I'm a Manly supporter of over 50 years of watching the great club strut its stuff.

But Unlike many I have nothing but respect for Des who took us to two premierships and three grandfinals and helped drag Manly from the potential abyss to being today one of the heavy weights. His timing was a little inappropriate but in leaving so quickly, and lets accept it was a business decision, he was allowing himself and Toovey time to take over the reins and at least allow some preparation time for the following year. And remember Toovey was always ear marked as heir apparent.

Same applies with Greenberg. We at Manly might hate him for grabbing Hasler and so many of our support coaching and recruitment staff and some players, but that's what a shrewd operator does. He has also built Canterbury back up from the scrap heap to be one of the heavy weights of the comp.

Quite frankly Greenberg is one smart operator and I thought it was a mistake when he was overlooked for the top league job, and still think that. But his recruitment now as head of football, is I think the first really smart move the League has done in a long time. Potentially he could be another Arko, and I know this might incite verbal violence and derogatory statements about my parents marital status when I was born, but I have to be detached here and think of the welfare of the game as a whole.

And dont forget that Greenberg's absence from Canterbury, may also weaken the dogs in future, if we must have a parochial slant on this.

I hear you Bearfax, and you may be right, but doesn't mean we can't have a laugh at the Bulldogs expense whilst this is going on.

That was the purpose of my last paragraph Mark

manlywarringah said:
Greenturd has just got a promotion on the back of his lies of the past year.

He said james graham DIDN'T bite billy slater, that the dog players DIDN'T abuse that female reporter and also that barba needed time away from the game and therefore rehab only to do an about face and say "listen to these words carefully.....ben NEEDS football" when the dogs were losing.

Crap, crap and more crap and those idiots in the media fell for the lot of it! Not to mention his dealings with hasler in an underhanded way stating he was flying overseas for an english candidate and was even interviewed at the airport only to find it was a stunt!

This is the guy who is going to help run the game overall???

God help us!

Well said Manlywarringah, I completely agree.

The Who said:
I read that Greenturd takes up his new role in August.
He obviously knew the Dogs would not be in finals contention.

Exactly! At the end of the Dog's year.

The original batman theme springs to mind at the moment in regards to all this news,BUTTHURT butta butta butta BUTTHURT BUTTHURT BUTTHURT

Poor scum dogs!! Not

Hasler may be a great coach. But his a dog fullstop !!!

The secrecy on his decision , taking coaching staff with him and trying to take our up & coming great players isn't a good person. Only cared about his own legend. But life treats you as you treat it. His team has lost it and his the head coach ( eat a d@@k ! ).
No man is bigger than a club meaning manly doesn't need him and soon enough will win another premiership. I'm sick of reading what he did for the club and how he saved us ( what bull#%# ). How about we look at - what the club did for him !!! He was hoping that we will suffer but looking at the table recently I like what I see !! Manly 2013

Cleaning up the game.. whatever his methods is a good thing for the game is it not?

Dogs have a good reputation in the spotlight now.. even though we may disagree.. the game could do with dealing with these bad situations better. Good move IMO. Even better that he left the dogs.

It must have been a quick negotiation because as we all know, Todd never does secret deals.

Does this mean we have to run around going nyah nyah you lost your ceo like the dogs fans did when they bought des?

I admit I'm too for away from the day to day but journos seem to think he's the mesiah of ceo's for what he did at canterbury. All I see is a club flushed with cash from pokies. Now all club's should be able to do better with heaps of dollars - all business - all everyone really; but as yet their results aren't amazingly consistent and their culture is kinda off (the family club?? c'mon)

Is he a good person for the job? I hope so. Can he treat the game as a whole; will all clubs be treated equally fairly?

Maybe all ceo's do it but he seems to 'dodge the truth' in matters. Des' signing (yawn), the ben barba affair (c'mon rehab in 17 days).

I don't know how good he is, I feel the dogs should be consistently better in all departments on and off the field if he is as half as good as everyone claims to be.

I hope he's a genius at this job but at the moment I feel that if he gets the top job.....he will let out a laugh like when sideshow bob got elected mayor of springfield.

KaZa said:
Cleaning up the game.. whatever his methods is a good thing for the game is it not?

Dogs have a good reputation in the spotlight now.. even though we may disagree.. the game could do with dealing with these bad situations better. Good move IMO. Even better that he left the dogs.

I agree with Kaza. Hopefully his ability to sell bulls##t to the media will be good for the game.

Hopefully his ties to the dogs are cut on August 1, unlike Gallop ties to his former employer, the aptly named news limited, which were apparently never cut.

Hopefully there is a rift between Todd and Des which will cause problems for the dogs. If there isn't yet, there is still time...

What I don't understand is how he is qualified to be the NRL's head of football when he spent the last year telling everyone who would listen that Des was in charge of all things football and he only looked after the other stuff.

Time will tell...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8