The BulLOLdogs #LOLBULLDOGS Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
manlywarringah said:
Greenturd has just got a promotion on the back of his lies of the past year.

He said james graham DIDN'T bite billy slater, that the dog players DIDN'T abuse that female reporter and also that barba needed time away from the game and therefore rehab only to do an about face and say "listen to these words carefully.....ben NEEDS football" when the dogs were losing.

Crap, crap and more crap and those idiots in the media fell for the lot of it! Not to mention his dealings with hasler in an underhanded way stating he was flying overseas for an english candidate and was even interviewed at the airport only to find it was a stunt!

This is the guy who is going to help run the game overall???

God help us!

Yet despite all that, the media loved him and gave him (and the Dogs) a relatively free ride.

Why would it not be a bad thing to now harness those 'powers' for good and to the benefit of the code?

Because if he is such a great ceo, why didn't he handle these things honestly & hold these people accountable for their actions?

All he has done is tried to keep these matters under the carpet & lie about them all. Was ben barba treated properly, no way. This guy is struggling big time & is now in the spotlight for more than football. I feel sorry for him the way the club has paraded him around while stating a short time before that the spotlight was too much for him.

If you want someone who will run our game the same way he runs his club, you got it. I would like someone who would deal with each situation as it should be dealt with, with accountability & honesty. Did anyone really believe graham ddn't bite slater & those idiots weren't hurling abuse at that female reporter? Please. The female reporter deserved an apology & all she got was crap thrown back at her by greenturd. That was handled badly like the other situations.

If i was david smith, i'd watch my back!

These two new appointments are not a lot more than NRL head Dave Smith trying to sandbag his own position on the back of a couple of events recently:
- abysmal city v country crowd
- massive soccer finals crowd
- AFL encroachment into NZ

the last two are nothing to do with smith directly but highlight the strategic moves and successes of competing codes, and then the relative failure of this one to keep up.

Why does everyone rate Greenburg when his record at the dogs suggests a very ordinary performer:

2008 – Wooden Spoon
2009 – Preliminary Final
2010 – 13th
2011 - 9th
2012 - Runner Up

lsz said:
Worth a read

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/welcome-to-the-new-era-for-rugby-league-20130423-2icws.html

Agreed. I note with interest Gould's comments regarding the charmed run Gallop had with the media. Especially when you consider it was the largest media company on the planet that appointed him. I hate to rehash the massive conflict of interest that existed but.......

It brings into perspective comments from various sources in the media in recent days about Dave Smith's apparent aloofness and disregard for the media and the "common" people. I hate to say it but I feel that Arko got sucked in big time with his comments in recent days about Smith.

I mean really, the guy is only a few months into his job and was saddled with the ASADA crap in his first days. As I heard this morning somewhere let's give him a year at least and judge him then.

As for Greenburg - I don't rate him. After all what has he done? Besides being media savvy.

I think it's a smart move by the NRL, from what I read and hear Smith is a very savvy buisness head, financially astute and will run the back room to perfection.

BUT

Hasn't a clue about the game and doesn't enjoy the media spotlight....que Greenturd!!

Smart move, Turdsville will front the media, be the man that appears on the Footy Show etc and Smith will run the engine room.

We can say what we want BUT it's a smart business move by them.

panash said:
Hasler may be a great coach. But his a dog fullstop !!!

The secrecy on his decision , taking coaching staff with him and trying to take our up & coming great players isn't a good person. Only cared about his own legend. But life treats you as you treat it. His team has lost it and his the head coach ( eat a d@@k ! ).
No man is bigger than a club meaning manly doesn't need him and soon enough will win another premiership. I'm sick of reading what he did for the club and how he saved us ( what bull#%# ). How about we look at - what the club did for him !!! He was hoping that we will suffer but looking at the table recently I like what I see !! Manly 2013

Take a breath mate.....breathe and chill out man. Your level of intensity comes across as being forced and leaves me feeling strangely uncomfortable.

Question regarding Dogs scandal

I thought I would start a new thread. The dogs scandal is finally out and all over facebook in a 15 point summary with all names mentioned.
Dan, can I paste it here?

RE: Question regarding Dogs scandal

Confirmed by who exactly ??? Facebook has always been a very reliable source in my experience ;)

Might wanna take a look at this.
http://instagram.com/p/YdzR_OyQQS/

Trying to squash rumours

Posted by a bulldogs supporter and agreed in the comments by people close to the players.

Jimmy Jazz said:
I thought I would start a new thread. The dogs scandal is finally out and all over facebook in a 15 point summary with all names mentioned.
Dan, can I paste it here?

I saw that ridiculous summary yesterday & it was deleted off this site. So, the answer is no, please do not post that material on Silvertails.

I think we can safely assume that if it is on Facebook than just about everyone here has seen it anyway so need to reproduce it in this forum. By the way the version I received only had 13 bullet points #rippedoff

Did any of those agreeing people in the comments section happen to name themselves and detail exactly their level of "closeness" to the players ??

Chip and Chase said:
I think we can safely assume that if it is on Facebook than just about everyone here has seen it anyway so need to reproduce it in this forum

For the benefit of those not on facebook, can we have a summary please?

tookey said:
Why does everyone rate Greenburg when his record at the dogs suggests a very ordinary performer:

2008 – Wooden Spoon
2009 – Preliminary Final
2010 – 13th
2011 - 9th
2012 - Runner Up

The CEO's job is more then on field performance mate, alot more.

WAMF said:
Chip and Chase said:
I think we can safely assume that if it is on Facebook than just about everyone here has seen it anyway so need to reproduce it in this forum

For the benefit of those not on facebook, can we have a summary please?

I'm not on facebook either but have received it by SMS and email. IMO it's all rubbish, just think of every rumour you have heard over the last 3 months and then put them altogether in bullet point form add a bit of extra dribble for good measure and there you have it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10