Suaia Matagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am sure it is us. One article mentioned something along the lines of the club Matagi had signed with were holding back on announcing several signings as they were managing their financial position.

Well Parramatta haven't held back on announcements have they? For a club with the history of cheating the cap they have it astounds me that they have been able to carry out the business they have and are continuing to try and do.

They have signed a number of new players such as Nathan Brown, Josh Hoffman, George Jennings, Siosaia Vave, Will Smith and Jamal Fogerty to deals.

In addition, they've upgraded (some very lucrative) Bevan French, Manu Ma'u, Corey Norman, Danny Wicks, Brad Takairangi, Kenny Edwards, Daniel Alvaro, Isaac De Gois, James Hasson, Kaysa Pritchard and Rory O'Brien.

On top of all that, this is a club that was significantly over the cap AND has to pay around $400,000 to Will Hopoate that is included in the cap.

They also have the possibility that Choc Watmough may turn up at pre-season training which could also spell another chunk of money from their cap being allocated to him if he plays hardball.

If you believe some media outlets, they also want to lure Frank Pritchard back who I am sure wouldn't come too cheap either.

Meanwhile, Manly have cut around 14 players and been strongly linked with Sironen, Whare, DWZ and Matagi but there is nothing official on any of them.

With all that in mind I am sure he has signed with us but the Stewart/Matai situations need to be sorted first.

Once it is clear of what they are doing and how Manly have to pay them then I am sure/hope we see more signings.

Go Manly!

I am sure it is us. One article mentioned something along the lines of the club Matagi had signed with were holding back on announcing several signings as they were managing their financial position.

Well Parramatta haven't held back on announcements have they? For a club with the history of cheating the cap they have it astounds me that they have been able to carry out the business they have and are continuing to try and do.

They have signed a number of new players such as Nathan Brown, Josh Hoffman, George Jennings, Siosaia Vave, Will Smith and Jamal Fogerty to deals.

In addition, they've upgraded (some very lucrative) Bevan French, Manu Ma'u, Corey Norman, Danny Wicks, Brad Takairangi, Kenny Edwards, Daniel Alvaro, Isaac De Gois, James Hasson, Kaysa Pritchard and Rory O'Brien.

On top of all that, this is a club that was significantly over the cap AND has to pay around $400,000 to Will Hopoate that is included in the cap.

They also have the possibility that Choc Watmough may turn up at pre-season training which could also spell another chunk of money from their cap being allocated to him if he plays hardball.

If you believe some media outlets, they also want to lure Frank Pritchard back who I am sure wouldn't come too cheap either.

Meanwhile, Manly have cut around 14 players and been strongly linked with Sironen, Whare, DWZ and Matagi but there is nothing official on any of them.

With all that in mind I am sure he has signed with us but the Stewart/Matai situations need to be sorted first.

Once it is clear of what they are doing and how Manly have to pay them then I am sure/hope we see more signings.

Go Manly!
I bet the lurkers just thought the Matagi to manly rumour had gone cold since no other rumours website had been talking about it recently so he made up a story to make it seem as though we now aren't going for him. He does it all the time, making up stories to support his rumours that have failed, although I think this rumour definitely has a backbone and Matagi should be on his way to manly in 2017, hopefully along with Whare or DWZ from the panthers..

As for parramatta (well said btw) well they really are ****ed, just relocate the slippery ****s

Dont know if its already been mentioned but the latest big league has matagi as one of our purchases for next year. Make of that what you will

Go Manly!

I like ripping on Parra as much as the next guy, but to be fair they have lost Foran, Watmough, Paulo, Peats and Gordon plus a smattering of lower graders

Now say half of Watmough plus Peats and Paulo got them under the cap, that still gives them half of Watmough 400k? Foran 1mil? and Gordon $250k whilst Hoffman is really the only first grader of note they have picked up

They cheated and screw them but as I said in another thread I hate that when every team signs a player everyone screams salary cap even though we all know nothing

My numbers could be bang on, they could be a mile off who knows, who cares

I like ripping on Parra as much as the next guy, but to be fair they have lost Foran, Watmough, Paulo, Peats and Gordon plus a smattering of lower graders

Now say half of Watmough plus Peats and Paulo got them under the cap, that still gives them half of Watmough 400k? Foran 1mil? and Gordon $250k whilst Hoffman is really the only first grader of note they have picked up

They cheated and screw them but as I said in another thread I hate that when every team signs a player everyone screams salary cap even though we all know nothing

My numbers could be bang on, they could be a mile off who knows, who cares
But with all those players in their side they were over the cap, losing them got them out of it, sure, but only by a few hundred thousand, with all these singings they are pushing it again so if Watmough does turn up to training they are absolutely set to be royally ****ed

Wasn't parra guilty of rorting the cap through dodgy 3rd party agreements ? If they can't find backers to legitimize these payments I can't see them having much more money to play with.

Parra forum said that they have definately signed matagi and are still chasing pritchard

No salary cap at parra

Parra forum said that they have definately signed matagi and are still chasing pritchard

No salary cap at parra
Reckon they're just listening to the lurker, don't reckon Matagi is going anywhere but us, it'd be fun to watch em get caught for cap cheating again though, can never get enough of watching their suffering

We have been linked to a bucket load of players. Matagi, Proctor, Bird, Sironen, Mautalino, DWZ, Whare, Moa, Tupou, Roberts, Gillett. So far the only signings we've made from players we have been linked to are Green and Uate. Lane, Wright, Cullen etc were just announced without any reports in the media linking us to them from memory. On the flip side we have let go of an avalanche of players and I assume that management are working through the retirement of Matai and the possible retirement of Snake to work out how much coin we can throw at potential recruits. One thing is certain Matai, Killer, Mateo, Burgess, Symonds, Buhrer, Leary, Nathan Green, Vave, Starling, Knight as well as the potential retirement of Snake and a bunch of fringe players such as Hodges, John etc should mean that we have plenty of cash. When you look at that list it would appear that there must be several signings that will be announced in the near future.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8