Suaia Matagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Have heard the rumour mongerers say he is a chance to join us. I think he would be a great signing, could come off the bench and bend the line, gets quick play the balls that Parcell would be able to cash in on big time and hits hard! Wouldn't be expensive either I really hope we make a play for him!

Where did you here we are interested in him? I would love to have him coming off the bench generating quick plays I wonder if the Parcell deal has fallen through? Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks.

I still think Vidot would be a good goer, especially with our Polynesian guys who could keep him on the straight and narrow.

The Chooks don't have to use paper bags, but they can and do use third party deals to get the big names. This is the NRL's loophole to allow the few rich clubs to keep dominating, despite the salary cap giving the façade of a level playing field.

The problem is that the 3rd parties are supposed to be at arm's length from the club - the agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

However in almost every case, the 3rd party deals available will indeed be part of a club's incentive for a player to sign a contract, and hence in breach of the salary cap rules. Which are not enforced and in their current form probably not enforceable.

He would be an instant crowd favourite with his kick off returns if we got him

The danger is though that Smith and Greenburg next step may be to start suspending guys for running hard next year so he wouldn't see a lot of footy

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2