Some upcoming Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are well in front of all others on this measure which I think is a good proxy for sustained success.

Chip and Chase said:
Fluffy said:
Kicking over a lot into the life membership club lately, shows one reason we have been dominant. Now to swap in the next gen over the next couple of years and get some more 200 gamers comng through

Yes by seasons end we could have 18 players who have made the 200 club for Manly (only for bad luck Gifty would have been there as well - which is a bloody shame because he deserves that honour as much as anyone).

I'd hazard a guess and say that this is an NRL record for any club, and by some margin. I know the so called Pride of the League South Sydney have only managed to get 5 players to hang around for any length of time and they have been here since 1908. Likewise for the Chooks, only 5 players in all that time have wanted to stay long term. I don't think the now defunct St George had that many despite their 10 year dominance. Squeals have 7 in their 200 club, and I think Dogs only have 5 or 6.

Says a lot about Manly as a club and as a team really. Not many leave of their own free will once they get a foot in the door. Let's face it, why would you. Live in the best part of Sydney, play for the greatest team and always be in the hunt for a premiership.

It is a little misleading given that up until the 70's, seasons were 18 rounds or less. Given the lack of rehab and recover, best players lost to rep tours, plus (real) work still being required to pay the bills, this had an impact on foundation clubs building up any numbers of players with 200 games.

This doesn't downplay what we've achieved once the likes of the District rules were removed. I think only the Broncos come close in numbers of 200+ players over the last four decades, but given it takes a one-city club to compete with us, we've done well.

Boncos have 10 x 200 gamers if you believe Wikipedia, but that doesn't include Third Man In who must be close as well

Chip and Chase said:
Killer overtakes Ridgey to become Manly's third highest points scorer ever. He should run down Bob Batty by season end as well to become second behind Wombat.

One small positive out of Friday night was that Killer now has 1152 points for Manly, which sees him pass Bob Batty to be second all time behind Eadie (1917 points)

We also missed his 250th NRL game a few weeks back. (Friday was his 256th game)

Well done Jamie on both accounts.

Chip and Chase said:
Chip and Chase said:
Killer overtakes Ridgey to become Manly's third highest points scorer ever. He should run down Bob Batty by season end as well to become second behind Wombat.

One small positive out of Friday night was that Killer now has 1152 points for Manly, which sees him pass Bob Batty to be second all time behind Eadie (1917 points)

We also missed his 250th NRL game a few weeks back. (Friday was his 256th game)

Well done Jamie on both accounts.

Given Jamie is a reluctant goal kicker, this is a remarkable achievement. Well done Killer. I don't like his chances chasing down the Wombat, but I'd like to see him push up to around 1500 points and give ......maybe DCE or Gutho something to chase in years to come.

Ok the big milestone this week is Steve Matai's 200th game. Skivvi to me is what Manly is all about, tough and uncompromising on the surface, silky smooth underneath but ALWAYS passionate. He'll smash you into pieces in defence or running out of his own end, but then is just as likely to put on a clinic with ball in hand.

Started out as this raw, loose cannon which had quite a few wondering how long he would last at the top level. If his body didn't fall apart then surely the judiciary would eventually catch up with him. Stevie got smart though, he still cocked the hammer every game but he learnt when to pull the trigger for maximum effect. Fear became his biggest weapon, plenty of opposition players jumping at shadows out on our left hand edge these days.

Sometimes lost amongst all the big hits and aggression is the footwork, deceptive pace and great hands. He is just as dangerous in attack, and this year I think has been his best in that department. However his major contributions over the seasons have been the kilometres he has bashed his way through coming out of our own end. This guy regularly rolls up his sleeves and helps out his forwards by just running through walls out of dummy half. Machine.

This guy is a warrior, and is one player that you can truly say gives nothing but 100%. Love this guy. Love everything he does, love what he brings to this side, love what he exemplifies in the Manly spirit he shows. If you want someone to play for your life then he's first picked in my book.

Great honour for him to play 200 games and I wish him all the best for an injury free night and a victory to celebrate the milestone. If he could manage one of those Matai specials for the fans then even better (I'll do a little jig if it happens to be on Jamie Soward). Good luck on Sunday and thanks for the memories so far, looking forward to plenty more.

"Unleash the Matai"

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL6b96jaazU[/video]

Chip and Chase said:
Ok the big milestone this week is Steve Matai's 200th game. Skivvi to me is what Manly is all about, tough and uncompromising on the surface, silky smooth underneath but ALWAYS passionate. He'll smash you into pieces in defence or running out of his own end, but then is just as likely to put on a clinic with ball in hand.

Started out as this raw, loose cannon which had quite a few wondering how long he would last at the top level. If his body didn't fall apart then surely the judiciary would eventually catch up with him. Stevie got smart though, he still cocked the hammer every game but he learnt when to pull the trigger for maximum effect. Fear became his biggest weapon, plenty of opposition players jumping at shadows out on our left hand edge these days.

Sometimes lost amongst all the big hits and aggression is the footwork, deceptive pace and great hands. He is just as dangerous in attack, and this year I think has been his best in that department. However his major contributions over the seasons have been the kilometres he has bashed his way through coming out of our own end. This guy regularly rolls up his sleeves and helps out his forwards by just running through walls out of dummy half. Machine.

This guy is a warrior, and is one player that you can truly say gives nothing but 100%. Love this guy. Love everything he does, love what he brings to this side, love what he exemplifies in the Manly spirit he shows. If you want someone to play for your life then he's first picked in my book.

Great honour for him to play 200 games and I wish him all the best for an injury free night and a victory to celebrate the milestone. If he could manage one of those Matai specials for the fans then even better (I'll do a little jig if it happens to be on Jamie Soward). Good luck on Sunday and thanks for the memories so far, looking forward to plenty more.

"Unleash the Matai"

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL6b96jaazU[/video]

Best post EVER!! Steve is THE MAN!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyj7lTro4NY

Our two current centres are in the top 6 of all-time Best Manly centres.

Skivvy should not be released from his MWSE contract, merely because he is just too valuable to let go. What he does on the field is an inspiration. He is literally irreplaceable.

Nami Lui played his 50th NRL game last week.

BJ still stuck on 49 Manly games for another week.

Horoscope plays his 100th NRL game this weekend.

Brenton Lawrence clocked up 50 games for Manly last week, so well done to BJ.

Of course this week sees Brett Stewart earning life membership by playing his 200th game. Plenty has been written about his milestone in the press this week, and rightly so. There's not much I can add, his record speaks for itself. Snake can mount a pretty good case for being regarded as Manly's greatest ever number 1.

He certainly is one of the best all round fullbacks I have ever seen play the game. Everyone knows his phenomenal try scoring record, but it's his defence that sets him apart. I reckon he has saved twice as many tries as he has scored, and there are few as good as him in the last line of defence. The way he reads a game and his positional play is without peer, solid under the high ball and puts his body on the line.

There are few greater sights for Manly fans then seeing Snake in the clear, head slightly tilted back, chin straining forward as he hits the afterburner on his way to a two handed diving put down. There have been some tough times with injury and other crap that may have seen a lesser man throw it in, but it's a true show of character to keep coming back bigger and better each time. If it wasn't for those stolen years he would be close to challenging Kenny Irvine's record.

Anyway here's hoping for a win on Saturday to celebrate the milestone, and if there was a big juicy meat pie in amongst that then even better.

Aargh, ahoy me hearties, shiver me timbers, let's take those landlubbing bulldogs up to the poop deck and make them clean up their mess before they walk the plank, aargh.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Aargh, ahoy me hearties, shiver me timbers, let's take those landlubbing bulldogs up to the poop deck and make them clean up their mess before they walk the plank, aargh.

To take a quote from an earlier post from Mark the doggies do have bog forwards so the poop deck is apt.

Some upcoming milestones this season

Matt Ballin currently on 196 games
Jamie Lyon currently on 191 games for Manly

Snake needs 1 more try to equal Beaver's Manly @ Brookvale try scoring record at 78 (I think ??)

Snake also needs 5 more tries to surpass Beaver and become Manly's greatest ever try scorer, when he will have crossed the stripe 152 times.

Manly as a team will clock up their 1500th game this year, currently on 1490.

We will also rack up our 700th game at Brookie (currently 697)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8