Some upcoming Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... and field goals were worth two points, which saw drop goal exponents such as Eric Simms and Bob Fulton kicking 3-4 in some games. Fortunately it didn't take long before the value of a drop goal was halved.

Hamster Huey said:
Not sure where 3rd is from? Maybe current clubs?

Prior to current round;

Roosters (6538), Souths (6307), St.George (5146) and Canterbury (4998).

Yes it would be current clubs as St. George is a dead club that doesn't exist anymore.

Then why are the NRL ignoring the previous records? If they made clear they only talk of the current clubs, fair enough. But if I was a Dragons fan reading that I'd be questioning why the clubs own previous efforts are no longer worthy of inclusion.

Kite this week will join Menzies and Andrew Ryan as the only players to play 20+ games in 12 consecutive seasons

That's a big effort from Kitey. He has had a good run with injury that's for sure (*touches wood*)

Next significant player milestones will be in Round 24 against the Faders when Foz brings up his 100th game and Richie brings up his 150th NRL game.

This isn't a milestone as such but a stat we achieved the past 5 games

The 198 points we scored was the 2nd most potent period in the clubs history, we scored 200 over 5 weeks in 1995. Ridgey would have been kicking goals then as well so that probably got that period over the line

NRL Stats @NRLstats
@manlyseaeagles @mattballin9 requires just 28 more for 6,000 career tackles (89.8% effective rate with 119 games of 30 ore more) #Machine

Love Matty, the OJ of the 21st Century :angel:

HappilyManly said:
NRL Stats @NRLstats
@manlyseaeagles @mattballin9 requires just 28 more for 6,000 career tackles (89.8% effective rate with 119 games of 30 ore more) #Machine

Simpson?

bones said:
HappilyManly said:
NRL Stats @NRLstats

Simpson?

Boo ! - Owen OJ Cunningham was the cornerstone of many Manly seasons :angel:

Foz will bring up the ton of games this weekend and Richie F will bring up a sesqui-ton of NRL games. Two significant milestones which will hopefully be celebrated with a win and cementing of a top 4 spot.

Not the most inviting of locations to be celebrating significant moments in ones sporting career, but such is life. Hopefully a good contingent of MWTS supporters there to help them feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Chip and Chase said:
Foz will bring up the ton of games this weekend and Richie F will bring up a sesqui-ton of NRL games. Two significant milestones which will hopefully be celebrated with a win and cementing of a top 4 spot.
Don't you mean a top sesqui-3 spot?

Last edited by a moderator:
bones said:
HappilyManly said:
NRL Stats @NRLstats

Simpson?

Orange juice?

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
HappilyManly said:
NRL Stats @NRLstats

Simpson?

Boo ! - Owen OJ Cunningham was the cornerstone of many Manly seasons :angel:

He probably could have been the cornerstone to a building he was that tough.

Pretty sure Watmough plays game 256 tonight paasing De$$ie on the all time list for appearances moving up to 4th with just Alan Thompson, Steve Menzies and Cliffy Lyons above him. Should pass Thompson (263 i think) early next season.

Congrats Choc!! Your endurance is amazing!! 20 plus games 8 years in a row( would be 11 in a row but for playing only 19 in 2005), i imagine Kite would be the only player at Manly to beat that stat with 12 20 plus game seasons in a row

Killer passed 1000 points for Manly last night. Only the 3rd player to do so and joins two other Manly greats in Wombat and Ridgey with that honour.

What is there to say about Jamie Lyon except to avert you gaze, bow down and chant "we are not worthy".

[Edit - Forgot about Bob Batty, he has also scored over 1000 points for Manly]

Chip and Chase said:
Killer passed 1000 points for Manly last night. Only the 3rd player to do so and joins two other Manly greats in Wombat and Ridgey with that honour.

What is there to say about Jamie Lyon except to avert you gaze, bow down and chant "we are not worthy".

For some reason people continually overlook Bob Batty's stats for us. He also scored more than 1000pts for the club (1959-71 / 196 games / 40 tries, 502 goals, 15 field goals / 1154 points).

No it was my bad. Was just going off the top of my head and Wombat and Ridgey were the obvious ones that came to mind, because they were in my time. I'm too young to remember Batty playing, but the stats above are first grade ones.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Perhaps Batty scored those in all grades rather than just 1st grade ?

No, they're first grade. Reference is The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players, Alan Whiticker & Glen Hudson, 2007.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6