Some upcoming Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Jason King will play his 200th game for Manly this weekend and become the 15th player to reach that honour.

He's already done that....oops I forgot for some reason we don't count the 20 odd he played previously for "another" club.

Congrats to the Kingdog in advance.
Outstanding contribution and achievement, esp after what he battled back from in the past year.

I'm sure he'll aim up as usual on Sunday, and if this is to be his last year with Manly, I hope he goes out on the ultimate high with a premiership ring!

Hell, I hope he wins one even if it's not his last season!

Well done Jason.

Kingy's 200th not a good one.

I think Horhay plays his 50th game this week if he gets a run.

On the other edge I believe the Wolfman is on 97 games, so 3 more to crack the 100 club.

How scary is this Jamie Peacock from Leeds played his 500th game earlier today

According to Wiki - DCE will hit 100 NRL games this season.

Killer overtakes Ridgey to become Manly's third highest points scorer ever. He should run down Bob Batty by season end as well to become second behind Wombat.

Brett Stewart has scored 75 tries at Brookie. He needs 4 more tries to pass the record holder Steve Menzies (78).
There are 3 games left at Brookie for 2014.

bones said:
Brett Stewart has scored 75 tries at Brookie. He needs 4 more tries to pass the record holder Steve Menzies (78).
There are 3 games left at Brookie for 2014.

Well it will happen, and perhaps this season too.

What a fantastic achievement by Snake!

(Tho Beaver's effort is remarkable, especially for a forward).

HappilyManly said:
Nah - Beaver had Cliffy ushering him through for 110 at least :angel:

Snake actually has to orchestrate tries himself :)

Fair point too, HM.

Pretty handy trio of Manly champs there...

Snake, Beaver and God (Napper).

With just 6 more tries, Snake will go past Steve Renouf, Johnny King, Frank Burge, Benny Wearing, and will equal Bob Fulton on 147 tries. Frank Burge and Bozo of course scoring their tries for two clubs.

He will then be easily inside the top 10 tries scorers in Australian Rugby league. Actually 9th. Amazing. I'm sure we will get the pleasure of seeing this happen this season.

Jamie Buhrer plays his 100th game this week.

In the best form of his career at the moment so hopefully he has a big one on Monday.

MOM from Ferris on Monday night then!

Closely followed by besieged Choc and Skivy...

And a break-out performance from TRed, starting the game.

I believe it is DCE's 100th game this weekend. Let's hope there is another 100 on the way and a couple more Churchill medals. How good would it be to celebrate with a 5 Star performance against the traditional foe from Parra.

We also have Skivvi on 198 games. Had the dirty Burgess not tried to rip his arm off then he and Daly could have celebrated their milestone together this week. This guy deserves life membership at the Footy Club.

By the way Matt Ballin on 193 and Snake on 196 games.

We will need to lose in the first week of the finals and then make it to the GF for Matty to get to 200, but what a way to celebrate your life membership by winning a premiership. Unfortunately Snake's 200th will be week one of the finals so he won't be wanting to lose that one to help Matty out.

Kicking over a lot into the life membership club lately, shows one reason we have been dominant. Now to swap in the next gen over the next couple of years and get some more 200 gamers comng through

Fluffy said:
Kicking over a lot into the life membership club lately, shows one reason we have been dominant. Now to swap in the next gen over the next couple of years and get some more 200 gamers comng through

Yes by seasons end we could have 18 players who have made the 200 club for Manly (only for bad luck Gifty would have been there as well - which is a bloody shame because he deserves that honour as much as anyone).

I'd hazard a guess and say that this is an NRL record for any club, and by some margin. I know the so called Pride of the League South Sydney have only managed to get 5 players to hang around for any length of time and they have been here since 1908. Likewise for the Chooks, only 5 players in all that time have wanted to stay long term. I don't think the now defunct St George had that many despite their 10 year dominance. Squeals have 7 in their 200 club, and I think Dogs only have 5 or 6.

Says a lot about Manly as a club and as a team really. Not many leave of their own free will once they get a foot in the door. Let's face it, why would you. Live in the best part of Sydney, play for the greatest team and always be in the hunt for a premiership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6