So it comes down to R26

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have over-achieved to be so close to the finals, even though I think we'll miss out on for-and-against.
We blew it against the Tigers. That loss was shattering. We were lucky today - the hoodoo got us home.
We are not playing well enough to beat The 'Riff.
Our second-rowers made a total of just 13 runs today for 118 metres. While both are good defenders, they are not doing enough in attack. And, as we all know, our left-side defence is like a retreating sieve.
Ironically, we won today because our goal kicker was better than theirs. Hard to believe, eh?

We have not overachieved, but if you think about our ladder position 7 weeks ago, our differential then and what was our upcoming draw.. We have underachieved. At least playing finals is still in our own hands. But I'm not terribly confident, we still did not play well today, but it was a very gutsy win, maybe we needed that kind of win more than an easy one to steel us for next week.

Let's make a positive post pact @Mark from Brisbane for this week. No more sad sack negative Nelly from me this week. We're going to the finals.

I actually think we'll beat the Panthers, they aren't that good.

The good news, or bad, is Ill be Bush this weekend , and for the next 3 weeks, so my Silvertails input may be VERY limited after I leave Bourke ( Friday).

But I'm carrying the Sat dish so will still see the games!

I think Penrith losing is a blessing in disguise..
We need to win next week, and could play us back into some kind of form.

We could end up 6th..if cowboys lose, and we will play either Panthers, drags or cows at sfs.....

To be honest i can't see us beating Penrith the way we are playing and i cant see them losing to us the way we are going.I hope i am wrong but its crunch time next week ans the panthers are not playing anything like the warriors. We are not dominant enough in our play and are only playing good in patches. We have to do better than playing in patches.Sorry to be on the negative but that's how i am seeing it so far and i am sure there are people here that are seeing it that way too.Manly to win off course but...........

Funny I can't see the drags beating the dogs. The dogs are hitting form and the drags struggle against them.

I reckon the Dogs are the worst team in the comp and wins vs Manly and Tits doesn't change that.

Dragons by 30.

We could end up 6th..if cowboys lose, and we will play either Panthers, drags or cows at sfs.....

I agree but hate playing a team coming off a loss.

It really is all to play for next weekend. St Merge is in a good position in that they can sit back and watch Manly and the Panthers beat the tripe out of each other and they know if they beat the dogs, they are in regardless. If Manly has any substance about them, they will beat Penrith next weekend, after what happened at Penrith Park 6 weeks ago, we have a have a big win and finish at least e incentive to finish at no worse than 7th next week.

True,,but I don't rate Penrith that highly..

What's Moylans injury ?

There could also be 3 first week finals games at SFS ..
Roosters, sharks and maybe us..

Josh Reynolds will play in Rnd 26 for his final game for the Dogs.

They will want to send him out a winner !!! Will be a very tight game I think.

Either way lets hope we win and don't have to rely on the Dogs.

This is exactly how I feel. I wanted St George to win today because I rather next weeks game have some meaning and prepare Manly for the finals rather than the Eight be decided prior to the game. If the latter had happened I guarantee Manly were first week fodder, but instead here is a chance to play into form.
Plus this club needs a full and loud Lottoland next Saturday night to take in the $$$ for the club and ramp up the excitement. It's all been a bit flat the last few weeks.
Bring it on!.
NYEagle

St George have lost 9 out of their last 10 against the Bulldogs and it's Reynolds last game.

We have over-achieved to be so close to the finals, even though I think we'll miss out on for-and-against.
We blew it against the Tigers. That loss was shattering. We were lucky today - the hoodoo got us home.
We are not playing well enough to beat The 'Riff.
Our second-rowers made a total of just 13 runs today for 118 metres. While both are good defenders, they are not doing enough in attack. And, as we all know, our left-side defence is like a retreating sieve.
Ironically, we won today because our goal kicker was better than theirs. Hard to believe, eh?
We weren't lucky today, we deserved to win. We may not have been brilliant but we played the 80 minutes and found a way by hook or by crook, desperation that has been lacking for the past few weeks.

Well looks like its a playoff game week early. Unfortunately i agree that we gave this spot away from tigers and dogs game. The giving up of 50 diff points v drags and dogs will cost us.
The only way i can see us winning
We get a big penalty count swing, marty turns back clock to game where he had 200 yards and our edge defence improves. Panthers dont seem to like direct play up middle from today game.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8