Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yes @Ryan seriously. I thought Siro did ok seeing he hasn't played since March. Ffs some here need to give him a break.

I'd go:

08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Curtis Sironen

Until Keppie comes back.

Unfortunately that means I'm also going :

03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker

Sironen didn't do anything wrong that I saw. He was just solid - nothing flash at all - just playing his way back in. You can't make any decisions based off that. I still don't think he is in our best 17 but there are 5 or so weeks to go before semis and he will get some more chances. The bigger concern is the defence and the defense out wide in those last 15 minutes or so. Walker to Centre and Parker to the wing just didn't work at all - we were being cut to ribbons out there and we were slow to get organised around the play the ball. Very very sloppy indeed. But yes Walker needs to be that floating attacker not in the Centres if that is what is going to happen.

I'd go:

08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Curtis Sironen

Until Keppie comes back.

Unfortunately that means I'm also going :

03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
Parker made some big tackles and tough runs tonight but his limitations as an attacking threat were there for all to see. Walker seems to fit our current Harlem Globetrotting style better.

Parker made some big tackles and tough runs tonight but his limitations as an attacking threat were there for all to see. Walker seems to fit our current Harlem Globetrotting style better.
If you mean that you let the opposition score whenever they have the ball then yes, Walker is more suited than Parker, who takes the hit-ups, tries his heart out in defence, and lets his football do the talking, unlike Lippy Walker.

Siro didn't do enough to justify his spot in the seventeen. Perhaps he shouldn't be judged on this game alone, but he is running out of chances to get another contract with us, or with any other team.
Tent will probably be missing next game, so SirLoin will take his spot in the front row. Whether he will hold the spot will depend on whether DESpicable views him as better than Keppie or Sippers. He'll get a good test against the Storm. I think front row is his position now.

If you mean that you let the opposition score whenever they have the ball then yes, Walker is more suited than Parker, who takes the hit-ups, tries his heart out in defence, and lets his football do the talking, unlike Lippy Walker.
Will never question Parkers effort or toughness, but the ball died with him too often tonight and he got beaten for speed on a number of occasions. Walker looks hungry and I'd love to see him at left centre before the finals. We are looking to play an up tempo style and I think Walker will fit that mould better than Parker. We may not be as staunch in defence but it seems pretty clear that our current motto is "the best defence is a good offence".

Last edited:
Where does this Walker is a poor defender come from? He's not as good a defender as Parker, no question, but few centres are. But he's a good defender. Not great but he does his job.

Bloke was on for 21 mins. Grow up.
Sorry dad but even after his extended layoff I expected more from someone playing for his RL future. Missed tackles fair enough wit no conditioning, but still turning inside and not 1 single pass in 13 runs. Compare his efforts tonight to Lawton's debut after a longer layoff. He's done, and you are the one who needs to grow up...where's your manners?

Not playing for a number of weeks doesn't mean the ball becomes glue in your hands.

I just don't understand the constant cutting back in (and not passing). It's something I'd really like to know. Is Des telling him to do that (if so why not the others) or does he legitimately think stifling one of the leagues best backlines is the best thing for the team?

It's like siro: - 2018 to 2021. 200 runs, zero passes...198 cut back ins. (stats made up)

Happy to see him getting game time, and back from injury, just stumped about his one dimensional play.

Hoping for better weeks ahead!

There’s no questioning that Siro was off the pace, but for everyone to be getting stuck into him for “cutting back in” is ridiculous. HE WAS PLAYING PROP.

He ran straight just like Marty, Paseka, Sipley and all the rest of our props do and should do.

I could understand the frustration if he was playing on an edge but that wasn’t the case. Schu and Mole played 80.

There’s no questioning that Siro was off the pace, but for everyone to be getting stuck into him for “cutting back in” is ridiculous. HE WAS PLAYING PROP.

He ran straight just like Marty, Paseka, Sipley and all the rest of our props do and should do.

I could understand the frustration if he was playing on an edge but that wasn’t the case. Schu and Mole played 80.
The concerning thing about it was how slow he was. How easily he got brought to ground. And his play the ball speed.I can’t really see any benefit in him over a bloke like de Luis at this stage.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11