Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know I'm thinking a bit far ahead, but who do u guys think will be our long-term succession plan for that vacant second-row spot after Schuster eventually moves to 6? I know most people would say Ben, and I absolutely love Ben, he's a Trbojevic of course I love him and I know how much he means to the team. Especially the younger boys. But the best modern-day edge backrowers right now in the comp. And they are all these huge scary damaging ball runners. Like Smole, Angus, Kikau, Koloamatangi, Tupinoua. They're all X-Factor players and Ben just doesn't strike me as that man who has the potential for that. We are so blessed right now to have two absolute strike weapons as our edge backrowers in Smole and Schu. But Schuster will move to 6 in possibly two years. And I still want us to have that potency and strike in both edges in both attack and defence, just don't know who will be the perfect fit for that number 12 jersey.

Ben is still growing and he'll be a large brute, given he's even taller than Turbo. Just needs to fill out a little. And there's always a chance he'll end up in the centre. He's fast and mobile. Time will tell. We'll start to get a sense of this in 2022. Sironen gets his chance this weekend to show he's still worth hanging onto. Will be very interesting to see how he fares. Hate to see him go because at his best he's a fine footballer, though I think Olakau'atu has taken over his role, and who could leave him out. And then there's Sione Fainu, who has been out injured but I suspect he's ready for first grade in 2022. I'd hate to have to make decisions on these guys. Some good talent there.

Ben is still growing and he'll be a large brute, given he's even taller than Turbo. Just needs to fill out a little. And there's always a chance he'll end up in the centre. He's fast and mobile. Time will tell. We'll start to get a sense of this in 2022. Sironen gets his chance this weekend to show he's still worth hanging onto. Will be very interesting to see how he fares. Hate to see him go because at his best he's a fine footballer, though I think Olakau'atu has taken over his role, and who could leave him out. And then there's Sione Fainu, who has been out injured but I suspect he's ready for first grade in 2022. I'd hate to have to make decisions on these guys. Some good talent there.
he couldn't keep up with Turbo last game ... just sayin

I know I'm thinking a bit far ahead, but who do u guys think will be our long-term succession plan for that vacant second-row spot after Schuster eventually moves to 6? I know most people would say Ben, and I absolutely love Ben, he's a Trbojevic of course I love him and I know how much he means to the team. Especially the younger boys. But the best modern-day edge backrowers right now in the comp. And they are all these huge scary damaging ball runners. Like Smole, Angus, Kikau, Koloamatangi, Tupinoua. They're all X-Factor players and Ben just doesn't strike me as that man who has the potential for that. We are so blessed right now to have two absolute strike weapons as our edge backrowers in Smole and Schu. But Schuster will move to 6 in possibly two years. And I still want us to have that potency and strike in both edges in both attack and defence, just don't know who will be the perfect fit for that number 12 jersey.
Im not sure the shoe will play 6. With Foran going around again next year and as long as hes fit the shoe will be in that edge forward role. Whats the young Finau kids MO? Everyone recons hes the dogs bollocks so perhaps he comes in in 2 or 3 years to the 6?

he couldn't keep up with Turbo last game ... just sayin

Didn't say he's as fast as Turbo. Just said he is fast, implying he is quick enough as a centre. Turbo isnt as fast at Saab. Burbo though I suspect from what I've seen would be much faster than Parker or Suli. On a par I suspect with Walker and Harper, though in a year or so will probably be much stronger, and taller. Its all relative.

Im not sure the shoe will play 6. With Foran going around again next year and as long as hes fit the shoe will be in that edge forward role. Whats the young Finau kids MO? Everyone recons hes the dogs bollocks so perhaps he comes in in 2 or 3 years to the 6?

We are going to have some great problems when Latu Finau comes into 1st grade. He is really going to be something special. An absolute weapon at 5/8 playing up a year in the junior grades. The Shoe might have to stay in the back row given how good this kid is.

We are going to have some great problems when Latu Finau comes into 1st grade. He is really going to be something special. An absolute weapon at 5/8 playing up a year in the junior grades. The Shoe might have to stay in the back row given how good this kid is.
Fainu --- facebook has a video Log into Facebook /NSWRL/videos/is-latu-fainu-a-nsw-blues-player-in-the-making/825893284945401/

Havent watched him so I'm relying on your assessment. Any fresh talent for the Sea eagles is gratefully received. Hope he keeps developing. Mind you I suspect Schuster could be a once in a generation player who we are yet to see in full bloom, so Latu will have big competition. But I also look at West's Douelhi (aged 22) and I see another prodigiously talented five eighth on the rise. A lot of top five eighths appearing at present.

Havent watched him so I'm relying on your assessment. Any fresh talent for the Sea eagles is gratefully received. Hope he keeps developing. Mind you I suspect Schuster could be a once in a generation player who we are yet to see in full bloom, so Latu will have big competition. But I also look at West's Douelhi (aged 22) and I see another prodigiously talented five eighth on the rise. A lot of top five eighths appearing at present.
I have watched Latu play last couple of years in the juniors. I would put this kid in same special category as the Shu. Very talented. Just got to keep his head down and stay out of trouble. i have also got some big wraps on his brother Samuela. Big fast mobile young prop. Came close to MOM in the SG Ball semi earlier this year. Add in Sione and we could have half our team spread between the Fainu's and the Trbojevcs.

Re the Shu.....I don't see him playing 5/8. He is only going to get bigger and stronger and I think far more damaging from 2nd row. He will be brilliant either way.

Schu and Fainu should be 6 and 7 for Manly in 3 or 4 years time .

Wouldn’t doubt it if Humphreys and fainu are our long term halves pairing in five years time.

From what I understand The Shoe was a second rower in his junior years, then he was selected to play 5/8 in our rep teams. This is where he caught our eye. However, it doesn't mean he is a 5/8. I think with his size he is perfectly suited to the second row.
I've seen the young Fainu play a couple of times and he is outstanding at the junior level. He is a younger version of Sam Walker and will become a quality NRL player in time.
I think Walker is suffering by being pushed into First Grade a year before planned, because of injuries. He is being targeted in defence and is making errors.
I hope we have the players to be able to keep Fainu out of our top 17 for next season and that when he has proved himself in Reserve Grade he is brought into the NRL slowly.

No doubt Siro could still offer something if match fit , just what type of role would be have to be carefully considered however . Much of the current Manly attacking structure is based around good ball movement , decoy runners , keeping maximum pressure on the opposition defences with plenty of players in motion to find the weak links , Siro on an edge with his mainly previous predictable and limited attack is not going to be too compatible , might just have to have more of a middle role . Still has the physical presence and ability again if match fit to offer something useful and sure that the coaching staff will try to mould that into the current mode of play .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10