Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My man concern was how bad Brad got burnt a few times with speed something storm will expoit.
Walker has the speed but has awful habit of jumping out of line in defence, my gut tells me Dylan may start this week but I may be wrong.
Parker is definitely not quick but his lack of speed has not really been a factor in defence until last night. His game is usually up and in to shut the play down. When he goes away from this and shows his opposition the outside (a la Roosters in Rd.1) he is exposed badly.

If he sticks to his formula, I think his lack of speed can be mitigated. If he decides to defend like he did last night, it'll be open season down that edge. I really think the bulk of the issues are caused further in though. When you watch good teams defend, they are rarely short of numbers so don't have to make difficult decisions on the edge. They suffocate the middle and as a result, there are few opportunities out wide. I'd like to see Manly give the opposition less chances on the edges by locking down the middle more astutely.

Parker is definitely not quick but his lack of speed has not really been a factor in defence until last night. His game is usually up and in to shut the play down. When he goes away from this and shows his opposition the outside (a la Roosters in Rd.1) he is exposed badly.

If he sticks to his formula, I think his lack of speed can be mitigated. If he decides to defend like he did last night, it'll be open season down that edge. I really think the bulk of the issues are caused further in though. When you watch good teams defend, they are rarely short of numbers so don't have to make difficult decisions on the edge. They suffocate the middle and as a result, there are few opportunities out wide. I'd like to see Manly give the opposition less chances on the edges by locking down the middle more astutely.
Agree on Brad he needs to play hard out of line with Foz something he did not do last night. One Centres Harper looks a keeper defensively one of the best in the comp

Walker has never lived up to his early form with Souffs. He has disappointed me since joining Manly, both on and off the field. Whenever there is a blowup on the field chances are Walker is involved. He has brought shame onto the club at least three times with his off-field antics.
Parker is a local lad who dreamed of playing for the Sea Eagles. He is not as gifted as Walker but is three years younger and gives 100% every match. He is a great clubman and represents Manly with pride. He seems to be on the improve, although last night he had a poor match.

Accept that you see it that way. Walker's off field behaviour has not been good I'll grant you, but I ignore such off field antics when looking at a footballer, unless his behaviour affects his football. I watch the game for the game, not the newspaper off field gossip and off field poor behaviour. Based on his on field behaviour other than one or two foolish acts, he's performed well in my opinion even though shuffled about in unfamiliar positions including 5/8 and full back. Cant blame him for injuries caused in matches that keep him off the field, and certainly injuries tend to affect performances for a time after they return (Turbo's last return was very unusual in how quickly he returned to top form). As a player, and that's really all I'm interested in, he seems to me to try his hardest on the field.

Accept that you see it that way. Walker's off field behaviour has not been good I'll grant you, but I ignore such off field antics when looking at a footballer, unless his behaviour affects his football. I watch the game for the game, not the newspaper off field gossip and off field poor behaviour. Based on his on field behaviour other than one or two foolish acts, he's performed well in my opinion even though shuffled about in unfamiliar positions including 5/8 and full back. Cant blame him for injuries caused in matches that keep him off the field, and certainly injuries tend to affect performances for a time after they return (Turbo's last return was very unusual in how quickly he returned to top form). As a player, and that's really all I'm interested in, he seems to me to try his hardest on the field.
Walker could have been anything had he not injured his ankle so badly. He has all the talent in the world but without that extra yard of explosive speed that he had prior to his injury, he is just a good first grader now, not a great one.

He still has plenty to offer but I don't think he is the same player he once was. Some of the things he did in 2017 were special. The hole running for tries in some of those games and the night he destroyed Souths with Uate at the SFS; stunning performance.

My man concern was how bad Brad got burnt a few times with speed something storm will expoit.
Walker has the speed but has awful habit of jumping out of line in defence, my gut tells me Dylan may start this week but I may be wrong.

Des has a tendency for conservatism. One game rarely leads to changes even when they lose badly. Walker may come in if Parker struggles, but up to now Parker has been going fine so I'll be surprised if there is a change unless through injury.

Walker could have been anything had he not injured his ankle so badly. He has all the talent in the world but without that extra yard of explosive speed that he had prior to his injury, he is just a good first grader now, not a great one.

He still has plenty to offer but I don't think he is the same player he once was. Some of the things he did in 2017 were special. The hole running for tries in some of those games and the night he destroyed Souths with Uate at the SFS; stunning performance.

He's still quite fast. I remember only a few weeks back when DCE kicked ahead. Walker left the opposition players standing. Maybe slower than he was but still fast

Fortunately or unfortunately if you don’t behave yourself off the field you won’t get on the field. If you don’t get on the field because of bad behaviour off the field you let down yourself, your team, the fans, the sponsors, your club, you waste salary cap….

unfortunately some players have numerous chances and never learn

Just sayin’

Des has a tendency for conservatism. One game rarely leads to changes even when they lose badly. Walker may come in if Parker struggles, but up to now Parker has been going fine so I'll be surprised if there is a change unless through injury.
Brad has gone well until last night and defensively looks great. William Kennedy very underrated talent

Fortunately or unfortunately if you don’t behave yourself off the field you won’t get on the field. If you don’t get on the field because of bad behaviour off the field you let down yourself, your team, the fans, the sponsors, your club, you waste salary cap….

unfortunately some players have numerous chances and never learn

Just sayin’

I agree when behaviour off the field interferes with their performance on the field its a problem. But if it doesn't then its irrelevant. I'd like them all to be almost like saints off the field as apparently the Trbojevic trio seem to be. But that's unrealistic. Not all have benefited from good upbringings or strong moral training. Its like in business. You don't hire because they're nice people, you hire for a skill set. Obviously you would choose someone who gets on well with others and hasn't a tarnished background, if they are involved in people jobs. But primarily you hire for the skill. The rest is secondary unless it causes problems for the operation of your business.

Here are the official stats comparing Brad Parker and Dylan Walker

As you can see Brad has better defence but Dylan's isn't that bad. Dylan's attack is better

Slightly misleading. You can't get credited with a missed tackle if you don't attempt to tackle them

Slightly misleading. You can't get credited with a missed tackle if you don't attempt to tackle them

There are all sorts of limitations with stats. It just gives a general picture. For example it doesn't take into consideration with Walker that he has had to adapt his defensive and attacking style to four different roles and that affects the defence and attacking stats as well. Stats give a general sense, but don't look at specifics. For example Schuster has a better defence stat than Jake. Not much but its better. Of course it doesn't describe the middle defence responsibilities Jake has which Schuster doesn't. Still, it shows they are top defenders though.

Here are the official stats comparing Brad Parker and Dylan Walker

As you can see Brad has better defence but Dylan's isn't that bad. Dylan's attack is better
Have you got stats on try causes?

He's still quite fast. I remember only a few weeks back when DCE kicked ahead. Walker left the opposition players standing. Maybe slower than he was but still fast
He beat a tired second rower and there was no FB covering.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10