[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Do you think Gutherson would consider coming home, now that his favourite coach has bitten the dust. Despite the criticism we give him, he's competitive and knows how to attack and set up tries. Prodigal son?
Gutho is in some serious trouble with those knees of his. It'd be just our luck to bring Gutho home on a 3 year deal worth 800k, only to get limited games out him...the forum would be up in arms about the cap space he is taking up and we'd be praying for his retirement.

eagleron

Bencher
Yep, I think the money would be better spent on a forward. I'm thinking Angus C will be staying at the Roosters but Papalii might be worth at least putting in a bid. Rather than looking at him as another player from a struggling club (like some are) I think his Parra form should be the indicator. As someone mentioned earlier, he's only 25 and is the type of backrower to compliment Guac. Ben is still a WIP and Jake just doesn't have it for an attacking backrower anymore.
I read somewhere he wants to go back home to NZ

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep, I think the money would be better spent on a forward. I'm thinking Angus C will be staying at the Roosters but Papalii might be worth at least putting in a bid. Rather than looking at him as another player from a struggling club (like some are) I think his Parra form should be the indicator. As someone mentioned earlier, he's only 25 and is the type of backrower to compliment Guac. Ben is still a WIP and Jake just doesn't have it for an attacking backrower anymore.
Papalii is a Tigpie

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Papalii is a Tigpie
Yep, that's who I meant being the struggling club (altho Parra are also struggling at the moment). Some people aren't happy about taking another player from the Tigpies coz of his form there. So I'm just suggesting his form when he was at Parra would be a better indicator. As it is, it sounds like he wants to go home to NZ.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
As much as it still grates on me how we lost him and what he has done with Parra I think the years of him playing above his weight with effort etc has started to show on his body. Considering the cost involved it would be almost as much of a gamble as another long term deal for turbo

Could be Isz. But he and Moses have been the main factors in helping Parra to stay in the race. I certainly wouldn't have him at FB. Koula deserves a long chance there. Perhaps centre with Turbo, though Talau is looking pretty good for that position. I agree Garrick back on the wing. That's where he's very effective. Just a thought about Gutherson. Always looked upon him as a serious one who got away. Maybe its too late, maybe not

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
So true, Gutho looks busted and think his legs are going to be an issue going forward. Think the Gutho ship has definitely sailed by now.
‘Peak Gutho’ may have passed. Then again, perhaps not.

Either way, sad loss to the MWSE. If he plays with that much passion for another club, one that he may even have hated growing up, imagine how he might have played for Manly? It would be akin to having a player with a ‘Jake mentality’ in the backline.

Well done Blue Steel. Well done Bozo.

eagleron

Bencher
To be fair Ron, many coaches do that when they move on. Look how many stars Fulton brought with him when he returned home from the Roosters: Boustead, Schubert, Cleal.
I know that's true Terry but maybe because it (at least to me) was seen as the destruction of arguably the most successful Manly team in the history of the club, that and my strong, (maybe overpowering) dislike for anything Parramatta created an intense dislike for Arthur, I'm possibly a little psychotic about anything Parramatta I'm afraid 🤪

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep, that's who I meant being the struggling club (altho Parra are also struggling at the moment). Some people aren't happy about taking another player from the Tigpies coz of his form there. So I'm just suggesting his form when he was at Parra would be a better indicator. As it is, it sounds like he wants to go home to NZ.
anyway, he is now a Panther ... they don't f**k around .... they pounce like a ... big cat

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I can hear the spin already - 'I've learnt a lot over the last few years as an assistant, and I am a much better coach now than I was at Canterbury.' 'I've worked under some really good mentors and I am better prepared now than I once was.' 'This is a proud club with great fans and we want to bring success...blah blah blah.'

C'mon Eels, make it happen!
Nostradamus!
Here is what Barrett said:
‘I’ve certainly learned a lot in the last 18 months since I’ve been here. There’s bits and pieces that you pick up and things of certainly do different again’.

We’ve heard it all before Trent…every coach has learned from past failings. It seems Parramatta will learn about yours first hand 😂

Nostradamus!
Here is what Barrett said:
‘I’ve certainly learned a lot in the last 18 months since I’ve been here. There’s bits and pieces that you pick up and things of certainly do different again’.

We’ve heard it all before Trent…every coach has learned from past failings. It seems Parramatta will learn about yours first hand 😂
That is why Bennett is so good and so in demand …you learn a lot as you get older…. Trust me I know!!!

pt73

Bencher
It didn’t take them long to start a Sack Barrett thread…

I was talking to a fellow Eagles supporter yesterday and neither of us could figure out why he was appointed given his shambolic time at both Manly and the Dogs.

Was he the only assistant that Arthur had ?

47MVEagle

Bencher
I was talking to a fellow Eagles supporter yesterday and neither of us could figure out why he was appointed given his shambolic time at both Manly and the Dogs.

Was he the only assistant that Arthur had ?
Yes, I think he was the last man standing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16