Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 PointsBet Stadium
21 Apr 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Why am I somewhat content after this game knowing:

Koula now has a centre spot moving forward.

Bullemor now will play in his preferred middle position.

Also we need some reinforcements in Schuster, Marty and Keppie back next week badly!

I somewhat agree, but Marty needs to pull his finger out and keppie needs to keep it simple

I still think a lot of issues stem from cherry. It’s hard to believe that as a veteran/captain/marquee he still had so much inconsistency and indecisiveness in his game

It’s not just Harper at fault on defence. DCE defends with the blinkers on. He always falls for the inside runner decoy. Can’t believe we reigned him for $1m+. Feel sorry for Kouta and Saab next week.
Why do we persist with Jake at first receiver? He is no threat with his runs or his passes. Plus he is so slow getting up after he makes a tackle, he always gives up tackle resets.
I think Saab is getting too much flack. His hitups aren’t great, but that’s not what his strength is. We need his aerial threat and speed. We just aren’t giving him enough chances to score. It starts and ends with DCE.
We are a middle of the pack team. We win when the other team is off their game. But **** our pants when they come to play.

Last edited:
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Sharks: 34
Manly: 22

278967341_10159733857575993_1684511852701444344_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Cronulla ‘wrecking ball’ Siosifa Talakai destroys Manly in ‘greatest half ever’

Back from Shark Park and an awful night. To go all that way there, in the rain forced to sit on the hill, and then be down 30 nil at half-time. It was like why did I bother...and left in disgust :mad:

Apparently they came back in the 2nd half - too little way too late, the damage was already well and truly done :swear:

Doesn't seem like The Shoe will be back next week. Turbo back at the earliest round 9.
Tent out. Davey out. Walker out. Al out. Sandwich hobbling. Harpo to retain the black jersey and represent Blacktown.
We should get Kapow and Keppie back next match.
We are in all sorts of trouble next match.

I said it in the other thread - as soon as Turbo's back:

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tuipulotu

Saab looked out of his depth even when Koula shored up our defence on that side, he did well under a couple of kicks but forced a couple of silly passes & just looks like he has no confidence right now.
I'd be sending him off to Blacktown along with Harper, neither is playing with any confidence right now

Some good will come from it.

Poor old Harper. I like him, but I think we have seen the future, his name is Pepsi.

If he had played for 80, I doubt if these Nine commentators would be having wet dreams right now about this caveman quasi-terrorist type from Cronulla.
Thought he was Conrad Hurrels brother tbh..

Why am I somewhat content after this game knowing:

Koula now has a centre spot moving forward.

Bullemor now will play in his preferred middle position.

Also we need some reinforcements in Schuster, Marty and Keppie back next week badly!
Just saw Dessies presser, he said Davey should be alright, Walker nudged his quad again, he's out. And Plaseka medial, he's out, Schuster should be back for rd 9. Didn't mention Tommy, Keppie or Marty, the later two you would think should be back next week against Sths.

Just saw Dessies presser, he said Davey should be alright, Walker nudged his quad again, he's out. And Plaseka medial, he's out, Schuster should be back for rd 9. Didn't mention Tommy, Keppie or Marty, the later two you would think should be back next week against Sths.
He said Turbo round 9, earliest.

To say that Koula is the defensive saviour is a little rich...
The defence on the right was diabolical,but when a centre has the opposition coming at you full steam and the inside defenders have left you choosing between the second rower or Talakai running flat out and you have a winger backing you up is a hiding to nothing.
The second half was completely different,Koula had the opposition centre coming at him flat footed and closer to the line with a lot less space to defend,it is a lot easier to position and drop the shoulder in and you have the inside guys a lot tighter helping you.
In saying that....
Koula is definitely the better option,just not sure how he would have held up in that first half,good effort from Parker on the left,thought he did a good job shutting things down when Lawton left him exposed a few times in the first half.

Doesn't seem like The Shoe will be back next week. Turbo back at the earliest round 9.
Tent out. Davey out. Walker out. Al out. Sandwich hobbling. Harpo to retain the black jersey and represent Blacktown.
Keppie Croker Marty Gauca Bully and Jake, bench, Lawman Sipley KDL B Turbo...next week.

To say that Koula is the defensive saviour is a little rich...
The defence on the right was diabolical,but when a centre has the opposition coming at you full steam and the inside defenders have left you choosing between the second rower or Talakai running flat out and you have a winger backing you up is a hiding to nothing.
The second half was completely different,Koula had the opposition centre coming at him flat footed and closer to the line with a lot less space to defend,it is a lot easier to position and drop the shoulder in and you have the inside guys a lot tighter helping you.
In saying that....
Koula is definitely the better option,just not sure how he would have held up in that first half,good effort from Parker on the left,thought he did a good job shutting things down when Lawton left him exposed a few times in the first half.
I've been a Harper supporter on here, but I think now's the time to try Koala he looked sharp in attack and doesn't seem to miss tackles either.

Love seeing some positivity in here, didn't think I'd see it even though we did well in that second half. Listen, if that first half was a catalyst for change, we will take it, we lost the battle but we may won the war. Turbo-less, harper situation, and we still nearly beat them. If we originally went in with Koula, we would've won, I'm confident about that. It hurts knowing that though, we could've been 5-2, another important win without Turbo. But it's alright, we move to next week.

Some annoying injuries tonight. Looks like walker and paseka are outs and Davey is still a chance for next week. Paseka one sucks, MCL, looking like a month minimum, he's been fantastic in the last few weeks, starting to find his stride and live up to his potential and this comes and halts him. That's very frustrating. We gonna miss him heaps.

Add to that possible suspension for Guac. Didn’t see many shots of the binning offense but a week on the sideline wouldn’t surprise me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8