Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 PointsBet Stadium
21 Apr 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

I somewhat agree, but Marty needs to pull his finger out and keppie needs to keep it simple

I still think a lot of issues stem from cherry. It’s hard to believe that as a veteran/captain/marquee he still had so much inconsistency and indecisiveness in his game
I thought Chez played pretty good in the second half ,he is running more direct Paseka and Oka tries,and when Koula came on the defence was better he was moving up with Chez not backing away

Never thought I’d watch a Manly game and blame the loss on a single player but there it is.
Yes , we were gone after the dropped ball by our captain from the kick off .Our heads were down and Sharks feeding frenzy was on until cooling off at half time .Good comeback in the second half but the Sharks have already been fed .Let's hope for some rabbit stew next Friday to cool us down .
Let's go Manly .

I somewhat agree, but Marty needs to pull his finger out and keppie needs to keep it simple

I still think a lot of issues stem from cherry. It’s hard to believe that as a veteran/captain/marquee he still had so much inconsistency and indecisiveness in his game
Agreed 100% and we have extended his contract for another 2 years of the same stuff .

Add to that possible suspension for Guac. Didn’t see many shots of the binning offense but a week on the sideline wouldn’t surprise me.
It's his first time on report I think this season, keeping in mind the carry-overs from last season have now been scraped, and that's if he had any. Have seen plenty of those type of tackles, virtually all have been fines. Think he'll be right..

Some annoying injuries tonight. Looks like walker and paseka are outs and Davey is still a chance for next week. Paseka one sucks, MCL, looking like a month minimum, he's been fantastic in the last few weeks, starting to find his stride and live up to his potential and this comes and halts him. That's very frustrating. We gonna miss him heaps.
yeah, the Paseka one is so damn frustrating, his 2nd half was just what we needed and scoring that try was just rewards for effort. Then this, it'll set him back a few weeks on top of the time he'll be off for...ugh@#!!

I’ll take that as a win if it means Harper never plays a game for us again. Single handedly lost us the game in the first half and the difference between him and Koula was there for all to see. Des has a lot to answer for bringing him back into the team after his garbage performances at the end of last year and to start this season, who ever could have seen that coming against Talakai. Clearly not the genius Des.

Very proud of the effort in the second half though despite all the injuries and the huge deficit. The next few weeks will be tough to field a team but if we play like we did in the second 40 we’ll win more than we lose.
I thought the Melbourne or Souths games would have been enough. I said it at the time. "Underdone"? Didn't know you could have Covid for 9 months.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
FWIW, I thought our forwards did well in the first half - it was the Sharks backline that did all the damage.

I also think Croker's showing more development as a hooker - he's making selective runs out of dummy half & for the second week in a row DCE has passed to him on the 5th tackle & he's put up a kick resulting in a repeat set.

I think the club got a bit carried away:

Post-Match Analysis: Sea Eagles show brave comeback in loss to Sharks​

Back from Shark Park and an awful night. To go all that way there, in the rain forced to sit on the hill, and then be down 30 nil at half-time. It was like why did I bother...and left in disgust :mad:

Apparently they came back in the 2nd half - too little way too late, the damage was already well and truly done :swear:
The morning after and its dawned on me whilst calming down the reason for the abysmal 1st half - they wore those black jerseys. Didn't look 'Manly' at all and at night in the rain made it worse. Hope they're never worn again (though I suspect they will be for another game soon) :tmi:

They will be wearing them at Magic Round I believe.
Really??!! God don't say that. I've finally got my arse in order and I'm going to magic round this year. I really don't want to watch them in that pathetic jersey!!! They'd better not play like they did last night.

It’s a game of inches. Davey was committed to getting that ball and at full flight. If he was a little less committed he could have pivoted and calmly scored a try when it bounced off the posts. That would have been 5 tries in 15 min I think.

A real blow getting injured in that incident too.

It’s a game of feet too, Harper missed talaki by about 3 feet in most of those first half exchanges.

He should have been hooked after the third try, and just maybe manly could have kept them to 20 at half time.

Yet again we were guilty of another slow start and we just encouraged them with our errors and horror right side defence.

It is a recurring pattern especially in the last few games where we have faced a top 4 side and we are pretty much out of the game by half time.

I do not understand why you would put Koula on the bench and not use him when it was obvious after 15 minutes that Harper was all at sea as the Sharks directed most of their attack on their left edge and time and time again Harper was out of position, timid and brutally exposed. Six tries down that right side defence tells it all and we cannot afford to defend like that again!

You know when you play at Cronulla that it is often windy and wet and in the first half we played right into their hands. What we needed to try and do is do short kick offs like the Sharks did to try and get some possession. Build pressure and get repeats, control the ball which we did not do so well in half 1.

The second half was better in that Manly played much more direct and the Sharks goal line defence was not much better than ours. It was a good response to a horror first half and in the end some consolation.

What sparked things were that DCE did some more dummy half work and 2 try assists running to the line and off loading were great and almost a try from a grubber. We need some spark in the hooker role and I would like to see DCE alternate with Croker and Lawton when Schuster comes back. Schuster to five eighth and Foran to half and DCE rotating between hooker and half back. We need some balance and direction from dummy half urgently.

Koula must be given an extended chance. Its been obvious for a while that Harper has just not been up to it and his confidence is shot right now and it is affecting Saab outside him. Koula has solid defence and with some space he will shred many a defence. I thought he handled their impressive centre quite well

I have to say that their left centre put on a clinic and showed that he is origin quality. We had no answers to him and he either scored or was involved in all their tries. We must get our right side defence right as The Vermin love attacking on that side.

We are battered right now and decimated in the front row. Hopefully Paseka is not too badly hurt, Dylan is a passenger with his knee and hopefully Davey is not too bad. We really need Schuster back ASAP to help out our spine!

Big reality check last night and further evidence that we struggle against top 4 sides. We need to improve this ASAP to be serious contenders!

Yet again we were guilty of another slow start and we just encouraged them with our errors and horror right side defence.

It is a recurring pattern especially in the last few games where we have faced a top 4 side and we are pretty much out of the game by half time.

I do not understand why you would put Koula on the bench and not use him when it was obvious after 15 minutes that Harper was all at sea as the Sharks directed most of their attack on their left edge and time and time again Harper was out of position, timid and brutally exposed. Six tries down that right side defence tells it all and we cannot afford to defend like that again!

You know when you play at Cronulla that it is often windy and wet and in the first half we played right into their hands. What we needed to try and do is do short kick offs like the Sharks did to try and get some possession. Build pressure and get repeats, control the ball which we did not do so well in half 1.

The second half was better in that Manly played much more direct and the Sharks goal line defence was not much better than ours. It was a good response to a horror first half and in the end some consolation.

What sparked things were that DCE did some more dummy half work and 2 try assists running to the line and off loading were great and almost a try from a grubber. We need some spark in the hooker role and I would like to see DCE alternate with Croker and Lawton when Schuster comes back. Schuster to five eighth and Foran to half and DCE rotating between hooker and half back. We need some balance and direction from dummy half urgently.

Koula must be given an extended chance. Its been obvious for a while that Harper has just not been up to it and his confidence is shot right now and it is affecting Saab outside him. Koula has solid defence and with some space he will shred many a defence. I thought he handled their impressive centre quite well

I have to say that their left centre put on a clinic and showed that he is origin quality. We had no answers to him and he either scored or was involved in all their tries. We must get our right side defence right as The Vermin love attacking on that side.

We are battered right now and decimated in the front row. Hopefully Paseka is not too badly hurt, Dylan is a passenger with his knee and hopefully Davey is not too bad. We really need Schuster back ASAP to help out our spine!

Big reality check last night and further evidence that we struggle against top 4 sides. We need to improve this ASAP to be serious contenders!
Lets reserve our judgement till we see how we perform at full strength, who knows when that'll be though ?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8