Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate this thread .... I really don't get it? Why so sensitive?
Slightly ironic you saying you hate this thread and then ask why so sensitive.
I think the gist from many is that people can post an opinion without being ridiculed by some for having that opinion,it leads to people feeling the need to have to defend their view and **** degenerates into slanging matches.
Everyone can have an opinion without being straight up ridiculed without any actual discussion.

It Is a sad and depressing day when one of the greatest Manly supporters and contributors to Silvertails is brought to this point by the mindless and relentless negativity and vitriol of the Numbnuts ...

@Mark from Brisbane .. posted the following in the Optimism thread a minute go ... but for mine it deserves to be highligted in it's own thread .... Mark ... I for one agree with you 100%

I’ve not posted here for weeks , and very much doubt I’ll be back , but I’ll see what 2024 brings.

There’s just so much negativity, it’s fair dinkum depressing reading the stuff that’s posted ( and in fact a member questioned my mental health , which is fine , but that sort of was the straw that broke the camels back ).

I’ve been on here for a very long time , through some good times , and bad , and I do get that people are entitled to an opinion , but the constant negativity really gets me down, and it’s a happier football experience when you aren’t reading what’s being said.

I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed.

Every thread is the same, and anyone with any semblance of positivity is shot down in flames immediately.

I get we didn’t win the last two games , but by golly gee what an effort this bits and pieces team put up against two of the real heavy weights in this years competition but no , for many , it’s not good enough.

The coach is making changes , Brooks should be a great addition in 24, but clearly we are still short a top line hooker and another 1 or 2 really good props , not superstars as we can’t afford them but good no nonsense players that just do their job , and well.

So many want to bag the coach for his time at the Broncos , he was shafted, internally , by the old boys network because their mate Kevvie wasn’t chosen, he was on a hiding to nothing the moment he was selected by the CEO ( who was also then shafted by the old boys ). But nah all we get is this “ the coach is proud “ crap.

Despite our poor record , I think the coach is starting to have an impact , who is let go , and who comes in as a result by November will give us a better idea of where he’s at. BUT in my opinion , it’ll take every bit of his 3 years to improve the side as there’s a lot of very average players on the books, sadly including one very expensive ex 5/8.

Anyway thought I’d make a final comment , which could in fact be my final comment full stop , but I’ll check in a week or two before kick off in 2024 and see if the mood has changed, however if it hasn’t I think my Silvertails days are done.

Really , it’s just a game , but I think many on here have forgotten that , which is much the pity.

Sayonara all , I hope 2024 is a better year , and I hope a few on here start looking for the little positives because hopefully with lots of little positives we can build back into some very big positives.

Oh lastly , don’t bother coming back at me with your negative , statistical bad news , I’m truly over it, and when I say “ my final comment “, it’s exactly what I mean.

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.
Sadly a major part of the problem is that there are so many people on here who are actually not Manly supporters, they are the real keyboard warrior trolls who get on to have a dig, stir the pot and basically post and gloat when things are not going so well for the club.. they disappear when we get a win or some positive news..

Yes @Woodsie it is sad indeed... I can understand Mark's decision and it's his choice but I hope he maybe has a change of mind after reading this thread.

One of the reasons I come on here is it's a great distraction from the challenges of everyday life and gives me some mental therapy, but it can have the opposite effect from certain posters who seem to delight in putting a negative spin on everything said. However, since @globaleagle thankfully explained to me how to "ignore" certain posters I, like others, have found this to be best way to overcome them and my forum experience has improved somewhat.

Also like others, I recently posted an opinion on how we recently played a game and was absolutely lambasted for it by a certain poster. I ignored it but it really irked me as I was just expressing my personal opinion about the team and I thought that's what this forum is all about. There seems to be certain posters who cannot accept that everyone has an opinion and theirs isn't necessarily right.

Interestingly I notice that not one of these negative posters has reacted or commented here...

Anyway, I very much hope that Silvertails continues, as I'd be lost without it!
Always enjoy your input.

Sadly a major part of the problem is that there are so many people on here who are actually not Manly supporters, they are the real keyboard warrior trolls who get on to have a dig, stir the pot and basically post and gloat when things are not going so well for the club.. they disappear when we get a win or some positive news..
We need a closed threat for real supportahs where the losers cannot post.
Call it Silvertounges.

The site is more enjoyable when you learn to let sh*t slide… I can’t help myself every now and then but a couple of seasons ago I got to the point where I was just losing my sh*t at the man-of-many-names (in his most recognised guise) every time I posted and it just made ST no fun anymore…
I took some time away, reflected and learned not to get caught up in all the BS (mostly)… I don’t block anyone cause I want to be aware of what is being said but I generally stay away from the Game Day thread…
Have a break MfB, recharge and come back bigger and better bud… I reckon the great majority of ST posters appreciate your thoughts and input - I know I do…

Last edited:
Years and years ago, before Magic Round etc etc just when the Double Headers started up in Brisbane i was sitting one seat behind and one across from this bloke wearing a Manly Travelling Supporters New Zealand tour cap, or something very similar. Thought I recognised his face and the tour stuff from here, his profile pic. But I was too shy to say hello just in that 1% it wasn't him. Still regret not saying hello and introducing myself. Don't get me wrong hahaha he's not dead! Just hope he returns and smashes the Ignore button until his hearts content!!

@Mark from Brisbane is a legend of this site and was one of the first posters who made me feel welcome way back when I first joined (as Mark from Moree back in those days). I haven’t seen the thread in question but anyone having a personal shot at Mark should take a good hard look at themselves. We’ve lost a lot of good posters in recent years and it would be a big loss to lose Mark as well.

I chatted with Mark about a week ago when one of the keyboard hero's on here questioned is mental state, what a gutless act. It cut him. I told him I was a constant user of the "ignore" button these days and he should do the same.

Mark deserved nothing but the utmost respect, as does does every member on here or any other platform.

Mark, myself and plenty of others made the move to Silvertails when the official site shut down its forum. We arrived with a mixed reception but soon found a place we could share our love for the maroon & white.

I often wonder why Dan even bothers these days, I guess the day to day slog by a couple of hard working moderators takes some of the pressure off him. I thank you all and appreciate you efforts.

As for the unruly few who have taken over this place, I am hoping the teams lack of onfield success will lead you to other hobbies like knitting or indian finger billiards, but please find something else.
Well said Bob and so true

@Mark from Brisbane know you are going to be missed by most of us. Your posts are always reasonable and well thought out not reactionary and not plain out of order.

all of us as posters will disagree at times about where we think club is at and what needs to happen to fix it, that’s part of being a poster on here and our love for the club.

but no one should feel so violated to want to walk away from this forum just for putting up some positive spin on things and sorry you feel this way.

this is a chance for all of us to review our actions and posts on here.

hope you rethink things and are back in 2024.

@Mark from Brisbane is a legend of this site and was one of the first posters who made me feel welcome way back when I first joined (as Mark from Moree back in those days). I haven’t seen the thread in question but anyone having a personal shot at Mark should take a good hard look at themselves. We’ve lost a lot of good posters in recent years and it would be a big loss to lose Mark as well.
Totally! So many great posters of the past you never see anymore.

Hardly the post of the year what makes woodsie and mark think that there opinions are right and why the others are numpties it is all subjective, there is negativity because the club is a basketcase poorly run from the owners, player retention, recruitment and salary cap management is a joke, our roster is top heavy with over inflated payments for our own juniors meaning we are signing fringe first graders who wont win us premierships or even make us a top 8 team.
I shudder to think what 2024 brings with a another tom injury, jake another year slower, possible retention of average centre, has been prop and a injured prop who will miss 5 months.
If u want to leave , posting to notify everyone just shows what a self important fool you are.
You and everyone else here are just words on a computer screen , nothing more, nothing less

Debate, disagreement, humour, light hearted ribbing, and taking the p1ss are all elements which can make this site more interesting. Who doesn't enjoy reading through a well contested back and forth between two (or more) Silvertails members with opposing views?

But continually posting for people to fcuk off and hurling (passive) aggressive insults is another matter entirely. It hasn't bothered me on the multiple occassions that this kind of reaction came my way, although I can understand how it could adversely affect some. I just chuckle whenever I get mislabelled or referred to in such an abusive manner, but we aren't all the same and react differently.

Life is too short to get worked up about strangers on a public forum. Especially when they hurl slander and baseless accusations from behind a keyboard. Have a great day all! And you never know, this time next year we might be singing Kumbaya as Eagle Rock plays in the background.

Last edited:
I am sad to see this @Mark from Brisbane is one of the truly top shelf members of this forum. Have also laid low on here for a few weeks as I can't be bothered with the tripe that fills the threads - somehow the same people are always right and everyone else is wrong

I thought that I might see who the perpetrators may be on the post game discussion. I wasn't surprised, I would also suspect that there is 1 member with a few accounts, such is the way they seem to get likes on their respective posts, always FIGJAMing and belittling others that dare disagree

Hardly the post of the year what makes woodsie and mark think that there opinions are right and why the others are numpties it is all subjective, there is negativity because the club is a basketcase poorly run from the owners, player retention, recruitment and salary cap management is a joke, our roster is top heavy with over inflated payments for our own juniors meaning we are signing fringe first graders who wont win us premierships or even make us a top 8 team.
I shudder to think what 2024 brings with a another tom injury, jake another year slower, possible retention of average centre, has been prop and a injured prop who will miss 5 months.
If u want to leave , posting to notify everyone just shows what a self important fool you are.
You and everyone else here are just words on a computer screen , nothing more, nothing less
Many actually consider this page a community, and with all communities there are some that look to build up, and a small group that love to tear it down and watch it burn.

I used to always visit the fans forum when it was called something else, cant remember, but I have been reading on here from day one, I just chose not to post, but every now and again I have, but very rarely. I know its a forum, people have different opinions, and enjoy a lot of them, but I have better things to do than want to argue with other Manly fans on the same team, so I just read the posts of interest, and catch up with news etc I have followed since 1971, and sometimes In respond when someone makes a good point. I remember I posted a positive message once in reaction to an ordinary year, a reminder of how Manly have always been a great club with an impressive record etc, and received negative and sook response back, it didnt bother me, but I tried to understand hes upset at an ordinary time, but I'd rather stay out of the time wasting arguements, go and sook then. We are all Many fans, we love to win, occasionally we dont, thats life, we dont stay down traditionally for very long, like I say, I try and put it down to passion from real Manly fans, but there are definately some on here just like to bloody argue, win at all costs and just want to upset others, So I can relate to Mark for sure, I have seen a lot of his posts, and look forward to reading more in 2024, its the wrong people taking a break on here, thanks for reading.

Thanks @Woodsie I wouldn't have seen this and thankyou @Mark from Brisbane I'll miss you mate, I feel like I know you even thou I've never met you, I know you are a good man and have done good in this world. I know this mate because of the way you post and interact with other posters, excuse the pun but that is the mark of the man you are.

It's unbelievable the way people whinge about things on here like it affects anything and the irony of it is those same individuals blowing their nut and scrabbling madly at a keyboard or phone screen calling a hundred and twenty kilo Samoan with eleven percent body fat soft or a coward, are then likely to call another poster on here a snowflake for pointing out that he missed a tackle because he copped a finger in the eye and was temporarily blinded.

Hope we cross paths again somewhere Mark and can talk some Group 19 or Group 4 footy.

Thanks again Woodside.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8