Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So sad to read this, Mark has always been the voice for the common sense supporter on here. I've only been here for 2yrs now, but was a long time viewer/reader before I decided to be part of this great group of Manly supporters voicing their opinions on everything Manly related. Unfortunately there is an element on here that get under peoples skin a bit that results in a lot of to and thro's with no backdowns. Mark was always someone that I liked to tac a post to after his comments, probably because we had a lot in common about the type of players we have and who we want and the direction the club should be taking. Anyway, just hope it's a short termed exile and you'll be back again next year mate.

Pretty ****ed that anyone would question your mental state Markos , particularly given what you've recently been through mate.

Stick solid man. Like I say, we have some untapped talent (don't hate me here everyone) in Schuster (who could be ANYTHING), and a few Smokey's like Arthur who I've always really liked - hope we see him in the 6 the last 2 games.

One thing I'll say about positivity and negativity , is it's human nature. People on this boards mind would boggle if they read The Kennel and the main Tigers forums. Makes our forum look like a nunnery.

You've said it though, we are short a few players. I'm thinking some marquee forwards , but next year's backline looks mint. I'm disappointed Sam Fainu has been wallowing in NSW Cup, wish we kept him, he's exactly what we need. It also frustrates me about the way people talk, and Siebold treats Keppie. Again, we need his aggression, and fight.

Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked.

But I haven't seen some other champions post in a while either (long timers like @Cameron ), and we don't want to lose anyone like you guys. I'm the opposite of you, in that I find solace in Silvertails ATM, because watching the footy has become a bit of a grind.

As they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder. You'll miss us mate, and we'll be here. Saw you having a great time with my mate Robyn on FB, so I'm glad to see you happy !

Stay well, friend, and GO Manly !

EDIT: Lastly, to everyone, I WILL say this. Post how you feel. Post how you want. Don't be forced into posting in a manner that satisfies anyone else. Your feelings are yours. The way you vocalise your opinions are yours. Stay true to you. We all want the same thing, and diversity is fun and exciting. Cheers guys.

Last edited:
As a long term DCE critic id suggest ive copped my fair share to say the least, so i reckon i know a thing or 2 about argey bargey on ST
but the last couple of months has been the least enjoyable. Also took a break, stopped tipping as i figured, WTF. there is an ugliness that isnt exclusive to Mr Multiple profiles. When you are in someones crosshairs , its about them really

I also have had my mental capacity challenged which is not only uncool but sadly ironic in this post. not at all aimed at you Mark

As humans we have so many options but sticking the boot in shouldnt be as prolific as it is

banter is cool if you have established that relationship first. Otherwise its just and excuse

I used to think i was a manly tragic until i got amongst the manly community. I am a lightweight in comparism
What i know from being an supporter though is that all clubs have supporters that are all in. Its there life. many are just addicted , many have physical and mental challenges to deal with but footy and Manly is there life. We have lots of readers that never join, never post but read , and some of the derogatory language used around mental capacity and illness is more than insensitive. Its bad enough when they are aimed at individuals but aimed at all and sundry, is just immature and can only come from a place of feeling superior

I suspect my opinion is an acquired taste for some, fair enough but i dont remember ever needing to be rude to someone that hasnt served me good .

mending bridges says as much about people as the insults. Not enough fence menders on ST, just a lot of invisible grudges

the break will freshen you up. But dont let others spoil life for you. Dont let them win is my approach. Take back your enjoyment by rising above it all

besides your rusted on and there is nowhere else, and there are some super perspectives about our team by some great humans

Always unfortunate when well respected posters for whatever reason choose to pull up stumps short
term or of course definitely sadder if it is in the long term category .
Always a plus when new and generally good value posters join as well but to lose good value long termers , has to be all the poorer on here .
Go back to just after i first joined just over 5 years ago and quality posters and can specifically recall in particular Harvey ;s Elbow decided to pull the pin .
Then others even just in more recent times like Smokin Joe , The Better Robbo and Snake opting out .
Again some good newcomers to compensate to whatever degree but never ideal again to lose some stalwarts . Also quite noticeable to have had less input from the likes of Budgie and Bearfax in recent times .
Anyway personally will never expect it to always be one happy family on here and guess can only ever be a diverse and wide ranging and usually well informed and considered level of opinion and suggestions and a bit of humor never going astray either ..
Always the opportunity to return for the disaffected if they think it worthwhile but not naive to always expect the highest form of civil and respectful exchanges on here either ,
Seen it get a bit personal at times too but it is what it is , wish people only the best if they choose to opt out for whatever time and hope that they also can consider getting back into the fray or scene sooner rather then latter

In light of this thread, I'd like to apologise to @Ranga for my vitriol towards our resident bloodnuts this past Friday night haha.

To be fair though, I'd love to shove that whistle right up that red headed *, and then * him with it, while ****** his ******* and ****** all the while he was ***** and the condom broke.

Many actually consider this page a community, and with all communities there are some that look to build up, and a small group that love to tear it down and watch it burn.
I certainly have respect for Mark and see he has invested a lot of his life into the club and this site. He also comes across as a very genuine human being from what I have seen of his posts.
I don’t see this site as much of community at all. It is just an online forum full of mainly anonymous people. There are of course a few ( very few!!!) exceptions and Mark and a couple of others fit this bill, but that is all! If the ordinary punter ( even after posting for more than a decade) decides to leave or is arbitrarily banned they will be very quickly forgotten, the archives of the threads are a grave yard of many past and long gone posters. If you want to have revelance on this fickle medium , just keep posting and not let some of the selfish personalities here get to you.

Hey Mark, come back mate. There are still plenty of good posters on here.
I think it was you who suggested simply instigating the 'Ignore Poster' button when a poster/s irritated you. I took your advice and it works well.
Your opinions are always valued and I'd like to continue to read them.

It's hard not to feel that some very negative posters lack some sort of perspective. We live in an age of instant communication, instant gratification, and some demand instant results from their favorite football team. 'I want it all - and I want it now.....'

Manly started in 1947, and we didn't win our first title till 1972 - a 25 year wait. We had to go through being runners - up 5 times (1951, 1957, 1959, 1968, 1970) before winning a GF. Imagine if we had on-line forums back then....

How would they have coped being a Manly supporter in 1979 and 1980? We had won premierships in 1972, 1973, 1976 and 1978................and didn't make the play-offs in 1979 and 1980. Tom Mooney was the leading try-scorer in 1979, and we still couldn't do it. Imagine the trolling after that, if the internet was invented then.....

Many good commentators of today's game (and some of them actually do have insight) have called this year's season a year of very evenly matched teams, with not a lot in it. Panthers and Broncos - reliably better - Tigers / Bulldogs / Dragons - reliably worse. All the others - almost anyone can beat anyone else on their day, with only some individual form and injury issues making the difference. The Dragons would have / should have beaten the Storm last night - if their defence was better. (And it was tissue-paper thin last night at times).

Most of us appear to agree on what's needed for next year:

(a) a lot less injuries - particularly to you-know-who.
(b) consistently better in attack and defense all game from the five-eighth - come on down, Luke Brooks........
(c) forwards who dominate in defense and line speed. Acquisitions, deletions and positional changes before next year? Seems likely.
(d) a combination of strike-power and defensive teamwork in our outside backs. With Jaxon Paulo & Tommy Talau coming, it's obvious the club is putting a couple of current players on notice. I'm a glass-half full sort, but I'm also hoping that Paulo & Talau step up a few notches from where they are now and where they have come from.

Next year may be better - that's what we all want.

Re @Mark from Brisbane - I get it completely. Given what you've had to face, life is too short to put up with what you've had to put up with. I've not blocked anyone, but I certainly don't post anything like the volume I have done, and even go through periods of not reading the forums because of the negativity.

We've got your back.

Also took a break, stopped tipping as i figured, WTF. there is an ugliness that isnt exclusive to Mr Multiple profiles.
It's rather hypocritical for you to take the moral high ground in this thread, highlighting the invisible hatred that permeates these boards. Particularly when you jumped on the "Biff" bandwagon to take yet another thinly veiled swipe at me. I thought we sorted out our differences a couple of weeks ago after you made it clear that my tongue in cheek posts about DCE really p1ssed you off.

I began engaging with you exactly as requested. Our exchanges were cordial and nothing has changed.

Allow me to simplify the whole "Biff" misconception for any posters on here who have a mind capable of free thought and logical reasoning.This will likely be an exercise in futility for the "Biff is posting" disciples, but I will try to outline the two principal notions of logic, namely propositions and proofs as they apply to this example.

I have been reading this forum on and off for a few years. When I first posted on this site under "thewestisbest" several members jumped all over me with the whole Biff thing. So, I went back and read through various threads to discover who this person was. It became very apparent that "bringbackthebiff" was unhinged and at times outright bloody crazy.

"Why do they think I'm Biff?" I wondered, before quickly deducing that it was because I declared my affection for the Western Suburbs. Shock, horror, gasp. After my denials were met with a wave of ridicule from certain kind, inclusive, and welcoming Silvertails. I thought, screw it, Biff it is then.

What makes this so bloody ridiculous is that myself and Biff don't write the same. Our sentence structures are completely different, we use different words and language when expressing an opinion. A forensic statement analysis would easily dispel the notion that I am Biff. This is my final rebuttal which will be enough for some. What’s a good denial? A “good” denial is a truthful statement that helps close the door on the allegation. Notice I didn’t say it “closes the door” – it “helps” close the door. Although for others the door has been permanently ripped out, for they are incapable of accepting reason.

To those who persist in calling me Biff, I will continue to play along. Albeit in a much more equitable and level headed manner than the man himself.

Last edited:
Negative posting on here should never be personal. I am a fan of every single person on this forum whether they agree with me or not. After all, we all need a place to vent and that is ok, and no-one personally attacks me despite being part of legitimate debates in the past.

For myself, I see this site as a place to have a good rant after (another) Manly loss. I cannot sit silently and witness this mediocrity, and being honest this year feels no different to last year so its a long haul frustration, and we have a similar roster, so roster changes next year are all welcome.

Mark hang in there, enjoy your summer on the beach, and come back with renewed vigor next year. I do think with the changes afoot next year will be better, and the mood here will be better. We are years away from a premiership window though. While we have some big boys, until they work together and intimidate as a team we are fringe eight as best. Right now, I'll take that just to see them play in September for once.

NYEagle

Last edited:
It's rather hypocritical for you to take the moral high ground in this thread, highlighting the invisible hatred that permeates these boards. Particularly when you jumped on the "Biff" bandwagon to take yet another thinly veiled swipe at me. I thought we sorted out our differences a couple of weeks ago after you made it clear that my tongue in cheek posts about DCE really p1ssed you off.

I began engaging with you exactly as requested. Our exchanges were cordial and nothing has changed.

Allow me to simplify the whole "Biff" misconception for any posters on here who have a mind capable of free thought and logical reasoning.This will likely be an exercise in futility for the "Biff is posting" disciples, but I will try to outline the two principal notions of logic, namely propositions and proofs as they apply to this example.

I have been reading this forum on and off for a few years. When I first posted on this site under "thewestisbest" several members jumped all over me with the whole Biff thing. So, I went back and read through various threads to discover who this person was. It became apparent that "bringbackthebiff" was unhinged and at times outright bloody crazy.

"Why do they think I'm Biff?" I wondered, before quickly deducing that it was because I declared my affection for the Western Suburbs. Shock, horror, gasp. After my denials were met with a wave of ridicule from certain kind, inclusive, and welcoming Silvertails. I thought, screw it, Biff it is then.

What makes this so bloody ridiculous is that myself and Biff don't write the same. Our sentence structures are completely different, we use different words and language when expressing an opinion. A forensic statement analysis would easily dispel the notion that I am Biff. This is my rebuttal which will be enough for some. What’s a good denial? A “good” denial is a truthful statement that helps close the door on the allegation. Notice I didn’t say it “closes the door” – it “helps” close the door. Although for others the door has been permanently ripped out, for they are incapable of reason.

To those who persist in calling me Biff, I will continue to play along. Albeit in a much more equitable and level headed manner than the man himself.

Thanks Biff

I have been reading this forum on and off for a few years. When I first posted on this site under "thewestisbest" several members jumped all over me with the whole Biff thing. So, I went back and read through various threads to discover who this person was. It became apparent that "bringbackthebiff" was unhinged and at times outright bloody crazy.

What makes this so bloody ridiculous is that myself and Biff don't write the same. Our sentence structures are completely different, we use different words and language when expressing an opinion. A forensic statement analysis would easily dispel the notion that I am Biff. This is my rebuttal which will be enough for some. What’s a good denial? A “good” denial is a truthful statement that helps close the door on the allegation. Notice I didn’t say it “closes the door” – it “helps” close the door. Although for others the door has been permanently ripped out, for they are incapable of reason.

It wasnt you dude. Im am cool with you. Dead set. While i dont need you to believe me I am sincere

yes i mentioned Mr multiple , because while we had some stuff, nothing earth shattering enough for me to see you as anyone but a different opinion and style. you never attacked my mental wellbeing and wanted to highlight there were others that do.

i actually respected the outcome between us and while i dont share the same style you have been upfront enough with me

your out there a bit, but ive seen you be humble when it pissed me off. Plenty dont possess that. So there is No WAY im jumping on your pile on bandwagon. Sorry if you felt it was.

i saw someone call you biff maybe last week and was surprised……I did wonder but , your westie.. misunderstanding dude. Up to you how you take it, but iget how people putting words in your mouth can alter your attitude. its has mine

enjoy sunday

It wasnt you dude. Im am cool with you. Dead set. While i dont need you to believe me I am sincere

yes i mentioned Mr multiple , because while we had some stuff, nothing earth shattering enough for me to see you as anyone but a different opinion and style. you never attacked my mental wellbeing and wanted to highlight there were others that do.

i actually respected the outcome between us and while i dont share the same style you have been upfront enough with me

your out there a bit, but ive seen you be humble when it pissed me off. Plenty dont possess that. So there is No WAY im jumping on your pile on bandwagon. Sorry if you felt it was.

i saw someone call you biff maybe last week and was surprised……I did wonder but , your westie.. misunderstanding dude. Up to you how you take it, but iget how people putting words in your mouth can alter your attitude. its has mine

enjoy sunday
Thanks for clearing that up JB. I appreciate it.

Have a great day mate.

I have been reading this forum on and off for a few years. When I first posted on this site under "thewestisbest" several members jumped all over me with the whole Biff thing. So, I went back and read through various threads to discover who this person was. It became very apparent that "bringbackthebiff" was unhinged and at times outright bloody crazy.

What makes this so bloody ridiculous is that myself and Biff don't write the same. Our sentence structures are completely different, we use different words and language when expressing an opinion. A forensic statement analysis would easily dispel the notion that I am Biff. This is my final rebuttal which will be enough for some. What’s a good denial? A “good” denial is a truthful statement that helps close the door on the allegation. Notice I didn’t say it “closes the door” – it “helps” close the door. Although for others the door has been permanently ripped out, for they are incapable of accepting reason.

Hey brother, we are the best in the west lol

I certainly have respect for Mark and see he has invested a lot of his life into the club and this site. He also comes across as a very genuine human being from what I have seen of his posts.
I don’t see this site as much of community at all. It is just an online forum full of mainly anonymous people. There are of course a few ( very few!!!) exceptions and Mark and a couple of others fit this bill, but that is all! If the ordinary punter ( even after posting for more than a decade) decides to leave or is arbitrarily banned they will be very quickly forgotten, the archives of the threads are a grave yard of many past and long gone posters. If you want to have revelance on this fickle medium , just keep posting and not let some of the selfish personalities here get to you.
That’s just it Uber. You say that those that have left are very quickly forgotten but I can quickly list out 10 to 15 ex posters whose input and wit I miss on here. Some of them have been gone for over 10 years. I usually think of them wistfully when reading some of the tripe that’s posted these days. I’m also fairly certain that I could give you 15 people who are still here that would come up with a similar list of old posters that they miss. They aren’t forgotten. Anyway, such is life……

What's that famous Elbert Hubbard quote...Do not take Silvertails too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.....or something like that 😜

Applaud MFB for taking a break and very much hope to see him back in the not to distant future.

I too do a little self moderation. If I'm in the mood I'll get down in the weeds and debate with some of our more pessimistic members but generally if things get a bit grim on the field I'll just take a day or two to let people vent and rejoin when the footy is being discussed.

That said, happy for people to express themselves in any way they see fit. I personally see a lot of the reactions on here as as over emotive and in some cases petulant, but we all process things differently and I know nothing of these on screen personas such as their age or what they are dealing with in their personal lives.

As for Manly, love em, love supporting them and always will but the day I let a footy teams success control my own happiness is the day I've gone in too deep.

Bring on the Doggies and Tigers, looking forward to our last two games.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8