Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That’s just it Uber. You say that those that have left are very quickly forgotten but I can quickly list out 10 to 15 ex posters whose input and wit I miss on here. Some of them have been gone for over 10 years. I usually think of them wistfully when reading some of the tripe that’s posted these days. I’m also fairly certain that I could give you 15 people who are still here that would come up with a similar list of old posters that they miss. They aren’t forgotten. Anyway, such is life……
thanks Bradza, I guess thoughts are ultimately invisible unless expressed.

It's rather hypocritical for you to take the moral high ground in this thread, highlighting the invisible hatred that permeates these boards. Particularly when you jumped on the "Biff" bandwagon to take yet another thinly veiled swipe at me. I thought we sorted out our differences a couple of weeks ago after you made it clear that my tongue in cheek posts about DCE really p1ssed you off.

I began engaging with you exactly as requested. Our exchanges were cordial and nothing has changed.

Allow me to simplify the whole "Biff" misconception for any posters on here who have a mind capable of free thought and logical reasoning.This will likely be an exercise in futility for the "Biff is posting" disciples, but I will try to outline the two principal notions of logic, namely propositions and proofs as they apply to this example.

I have been reading this forum on and off for a few years. When I first posted on this site under "thewestisbest" several members jumped all over me with the whole Biff thing. So, I went back and read through various threads to discover who this person was. It became very apparent that "bringbackthebiff" was unhinged and at times outright bloody crazy.

"Why do they think I'm Biff?" I wondered, before quickly deducing that it was because I declared my affection for the Western Suburbs. Shock, horror, gasp. After my denials were met with a wave of ridicule from certain kind, inclusive, and welcoming Silvertails. I thought, screw it, Biff it is then.

What makes this so bloody ridiculous is that myself and Biff don't write the same. Our sentence structures are completely different, we use different words and language when expressing an opinion. A forensic statement analysis would easily dispel the notion that I am Biff. This is my final rebuttal which will be enough for some. What’s a good denial? A “good” denial is a truthful statement that helps close the door on the allegation. Notice I didn’t say it “closes the door” – it “helps” close the door. Although for others the door has been permanently ripped out, for they are incapable of accepting reason.

To those who persist in calling me Biff, I will continue to play along. Albeit in a much more equitable and level headed manner than the man himself.

@Thewestisbest
I know that you are not Biff, mate. It might have taken me a few weeks to work that out, but I finally got there. I am not going to piss in your pocket, mate, but lately, I agree with many of your posts (Not all and Fainu family posts notwithstanding). I haven't been posting much on this site recently for similar reasons to @Mark from Brisbane. However, your posts are not in any way part of that. (for me, anyway). Go, Manly and go Biff (wherever you are).

@Thewestisbest
I know that you are not Biff, mate. It might have taken me a few weeks to work that out, but I finally got there. I am not going to piss in your pocket, mate, but lately, I agree with many of your posts (Not all and Fainu family posts notwithstanding). I haven't been posting much on this site recently for similar reasons to @Mark from Brisbane. However, your posts are not in any way part of that. (for me, anyway). Go, Manly and go Biff (wherever you are).
Yeah mate, I wasn't referring to you. It was obvious to me at least that you figured it out quickly. Anything you posted of late which inferred I might be Biff, read very tongue in cheek.

Not that I'm bothered by being put on the Biff. I find it amusing.

But I am a numbnut after all.

Yeah mate, I wasn't referring to you. It was obvious to me at least that you figured it out quickly. Anything you posted of late which inferred I might be Biff, read very tongue in cheek.

Not that I'm bothered by being put on the Biff. I find it amusing.

But I am a numbnut after all.
100% you are a numbnut @Thewestisbest This season has proven that a degree of delusional numbnutness is part and parcel of being a Manly supporter in the modern NRL era. However @Thewestisbest , I believe you are close to the bottom of the scale in terms of negative anti-Manly numbnutness and general toxicity on the site. Talk soon, Biff. 😀

Last edited:
Tom Mooney was the leading try-scorer in 1979, and we still couldn't do it. Imagine the trolling after that, if the internet was invented then.....
Fun fact, te internet was invented then, it was called darpanet and was only accessed by military systems in the US. In the 80's access was expanded to universitiy computer departments and other researchers. The internet as we know it was started in the early 90's by a US government bill to fund upgrades to core infrastructure spearheaded by Al Gore, who went on to claim he invented the internet.

I'd be lying if I said here that I have never said anything negative about the teams performance. But I have to agree it gets a bit much when we have currently got a (as @Mark from Brisbane put it) a bits and pieces team ravaged by injury, yet just in the past 2 weeks alone against the team running 1st (2 time defending Premiers no less) and the team running 3rd (we're 12th remember), despite pushing both games until the end ... we get the same game day posters constantly going off at every little mistake made on the field about how "💩" we are or about what a joke of a club we are.

I won't name names, but those posters know who they are and so does anyone else who frequents the Silvertails game day threads. Every single week is the same things from them. They only seem happy if we win by 50, and even then that happy is iffy at best.

It does get a bit much at times.

12 years since we’ve won a premiership no wonder we have some disgruntled posters,we’re manly we’re not used to losing.
I'd love to know when the actual culture changed some time after 2011, and what was the catalyst.

I've always wondered what we'd be like if Des ORIGINALLY stayed, Penn backed him, didn't enforce contract benchmarks and all that.

It was literally winning is the only acceptable outcome at that time. The team was ruthless. The fans demanded only the best. Jeez, the recruitment was ruthless. Remember the train of talent? Shane Rodney, Steven Bell, David Williams, Jamie Lyon, Ben Kennedy, Brent Kite, Matt Orford, Matt Ballin, surrounded by guys like the Stewart's, Matais (who we found - who found Matai?), and many others?

The culture and our identity has changed. Maybe working out what tangibly changed it, we can then address it?

Hope that's not too negative for people?

I don't get why people are upset about negative comments, especially in the game day thread....

If there was ever a place specifically designed to vent about the team/decisions/ coaching tactics, etc, is the game day thread not the ideal place?

The game day thread is fine,it has its place,it is entertaining to watch the inmates throwing faeces at each other and rubbing it on themselves.
Trying to throw it at anyone who dares to be positive and view it differently is another matter...
Hopefully I have not been too positive with this post.

I don't get why people are upset about negative comments, especially in the game day thread....

If there was ever a place specifically designed to vent about the team/decisions/ coaching tactics, etc, is the game day thread not the ideal place?
I don’t have any issue with the GD thread… It is just not for me (generally)…

Having said that, I still trawl it occasionally in a similar way to how you can’t help but look at a car crash… it certainly has its value as posters need to (and should) be able to vent and it probably (possibly?) reduces the number of negative contributions to other threads…

I don’t have any issue with the GD thread… It is just not for me (generally)…

Having said that, I still trawl it occasionally in a similar way to how you can’t help but look at a car crash… it certainly has its value as posters need to (and should) be able to vent and it probably (possibly?) reduces the number of negative contributions to other threads…
The game day thread is kinda therapeutic, especially after a howler from the ref, you need somewhere to go and unleash a few coded expletives.

The game day thread is about statements. Statements of frustration, joy, anger, despair etc in the momemt. None of that is directed at other posters . its like being at the footy to an extent

i doubt the game day thread turns anyone off ST one bit

all the argey bargey is about game analysis and pre game hopes and expectations

people give opinions. Others counter those opinions. That what the forum is about

its not clever to insult people. Thats what turns people off and makes the forum a womens weekly .

some people like @BOZO bring entusiasm is spades
some people like @Ryan bring a results based business as a focus
and so be it. Thats who they are and the place is better for there daily contributions IMO

i really hope neither of you guys are offended that i used you guys as examples but i do enjoy your input despite not being sold on everything you say. Your relentless pursuit is a massive positive on theseboards and when both of you took a break it wasnt the same

its like @mickqld pre game despair. Its not footy season without it. I always look for it. Who doesn't love the characters

In the words of kamahl
why are people so unkind

I'd love to know when the actual culture changed some time after 2011, and what was the catalyst.

I've always wondered what we'd be like if Des ORIGINALLY stayed, Penn backed him, didn't enforce contract benchmarks and all that.

It was literally winning is the only acceptable outcome at that time. The team was ruthless. The fans demanded only the best. Jeez, the recruitment was ruthless. Remember the train of talent? Shane Rodney, Steven Bell, David Williams, Jamie Lyon, Ben Kennedy, Brent Kite, Matt Orford, Matt Ballin, surrounded by guys like the Stewart's, Matais (who we found - who found Matai?), and many others?

The culture and our identity has changed. Maybe working out what tangibly changed it, we can then address it?

Hope that's not too negative for people?
It was collection of events @Ryan. Started with Des bailing after 2011 GF, then DCE pushing for upgrades that sent Gift getting hung out by the NRL over his salary, Foran and Choc fiasco then finally Tooves getting dumped.

i doubt the game day thread turns anyone off ST one bit

It's literally stated in @Mark from Brisbane post in the OP of this thread.

"I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed."

It's literally stated in @Mark from Brisbane post in the OP of this thread.

"I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed."
Even though we lost, the last 2 games have been very enjoyable spectacle

after kick off is the easiest to avoid and the most predictable. i dont know how people get into the contest. I look at half time sometimes. I suppose the post game still has some twang about it

to me its like looking at car crashes. You know your going to hate it but people still do. I hope ive understood your meaning here @mave

ive spent a fair few arvos with big groups of supporters on the sideline and its way more volatile in the flesh.
my son dosnt like footy at all . It was all the anger, booing and misdirected passion from the live crowds , it made him feel intimidated. And he was such a little champion until he turned about 6. Probably my fault for taking him to storm games

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8