Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree .. have said that myself .. I just don't feel the need to say it every time his name is mentioned.
Unfortunately, with the same run of form for such a long period, if people stop talking about "what is", the place.would become overly quiet, and then filled with unauthentic babble about how things are so great, when they aren't.

It's actually quite interesting that The Panthers have a similar, but opposite alignment on their webboards, being very quiet and conversations recycling themselves every 5 minutes.

That being said, there's much more to discuss and debate where there are things to improve and change.

People say some come here after losses only , and disappear when we are winning. When things are going well (or great) , what IS there.to talk about / debate - the options are much less than if things are just rolling on. I don't want a Panthers desolate forum experience - people should be careful what they wish for.

IF that happens though, it means we are finally being successful, so yeah. I just think ATM, realism is much more healthy than blind optimism in the face of failure.

Ride the highs and lows. If things are bad, they are bad - and FMD they are BADDDDDD. BUT, when things are good, beautiful !! Compliment the team as well.

As an aside, Mark and I have been talking offline, and he's made it clear this in NO way was this about me or how I post, so I shouldn't have taken it personally - because it was actually ****ing me up anxiety wise.

I’ve been gone for over a month, much for the reasons listed by Mark, Budgie, Komori et al.

But with a difference, I don’t have a problem with anyone here really, I was just over reading the same stuff on every thread every day. It was taking up a lot of my brain space.

For the past few weeks I found I enjoyed the games more, win or loss, without obsessing over it, reading and posting multiple times a day. I am just over it I guess.

I have enjoyed a lot of the time on here, humour and at times insightful commentary, but I have been better off without being on silvertails these past few weeks.

Likely I’ll be back, but in moderation. Love to all, have a great off season.

Once the the threads go to full offseason mode I tend to give this place a rest for a few months. The ignore button solves everything else.
You mean you're not interested in multiple (slightly differently worded) threads on what our team should be for next year? Or different threads on what has been our best team ever? Or who has been our greatest full back/ half back etc?

You mean you're not interested in multiple (slightly differently worded) threads on what our team should be for next year? Or different threads on what has been our best team ever? Or who has been our greatest full back/ half back etc?
I can handle most of that, it's when people hijack threads and speak for three pages about the banal trivialities of their lives that drives me away.

The rumoured/confirmed signings thread used to be the worst for that. I'd see all the new posts and think we must have signed a big name player, only to find that all of the new activity in the thread about fishing.

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10