[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The sack Des page is only 96 pages long ? Should be 200 pages + minimum.Most Eagle fans are not serious.

Fitzgibbon as a debut 1st grade coach heavily outperformed Des Hasler this season which is a humiliation.

Everyone in the world knows that Turbo is far more important to this club then Des as a coach will ever be. Thats all the proof you need Des needs to be sacked immediately.
What what and what?

Anthony Seibold also had a great first season. How did that work out?

Interesting.

Des & senior players wanted Foz to stay, while because Bozo promised Schuster the 5/8th jersey & capataincy, & Scott Fulton intends to deliver on his late father's promises, our club has been destabilised.

How can Des be blamed for this?

Add to this the lack of support from management (Des having to front the media about the jersey while still showing support for his players), the bloke's been on a hiding to nothing.

It doesn't matter what game plan, motivational speech or training schedule you provide, if half of your team are in the huff because they're all managed by the same bloke (who also happens to have a strong relationship with a member of a family holding a grudge over the way the coach left the club previously) & are pushing an agenda to have one of those players under that same manager to usurp the 5/8th position from a player the coach has a good relationship with, then it doesn't matter - these blokes won't put it all on the line for our club.
Personally I believe the club made the right choice to exit the aging Foz

We all know the ability that the Shu has but we also know that Des did not give him the opportunity to establish his skills in the 5/8 position as he used him in the back row

I believe a fit a fit shu playing regularly in his preffered 5/8 position will come to fruition
Time offcourse will tell .

Interesting.

Des & senior players wanted Foz to stay, while because Bozo promised Schuster the 5/8th jersey & captaincy, & Scott Fulton intends to deliver on his late father's promises, our club has been destabilised.

How can Des be blamed for this?

Add to this the lack of support from management (Des having to front the media about the jersey while still showing support for his players), the bloke's been on a hiding to nothing.

It doesn't matter what game plan, motivational speech or training schedule you provide, if half of your team are in the huff because they're all managed by the same bloke (who also happens to have a strong relationship with a member of a family holding a grudge over the way the coach left the club previously) & are pushing an agenda to have one of those players under that same manager to usurp the 5/8th position from a player the coach has a good relationship with, then it doesn't matter - these blokes won't put it all on the line for our club.
Spot on.

Unfortunately by this matrix and as much as I hate saying it DES will probably end up walking.

Whatever happens I hope the ST Community as a whole will get behind the new structure and support the club 100% in 2023....

Oh sorry. My 3 year old had the phone for a minute there.

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN......

Personally I believe the club made the right choice to exit the aging Foz

We all know the ability that the Shu has but we also know that Des did not give him the opportunity to establish his skills in the 5/8 position as he used him in the back row

I believe a fit a fit shu playing regularly in his preffered 5/8 position will come to fruition
Time offcourse will tell .
Well I hope so Bozo but I have to say the events around jereseygate, Fainu's trial & now this don't fill me with much confidence.

Spot on.

Unfortunately by this matrix and as much as I hate saying it DES will probably end up walking.

Whatever happens I hope the ST Community as a whole will get behind the new structure and support the club 100% in 2023....

Oh sorry. My 3 year old had the phone for a minute there.

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN......
Eh, your 3 year old's more articulate than you mate (LOL)

Well I hope so Bozo but I have to say the events around jereseygate, Fainu's trial & now this don't fill me with much confidence.
I agree with you feathered friend . The 2022 season broke our Manly spirit

The positive news is that our new CEO has said that change is needed and change is coming

And the hope for 2023 is we are all looking forward to this change for the better

Again. A view of history that skews reality to make a point... you attempt to make it sound like the manly board and owner war was just a little blip that all clubs go through. It wasn't. It was years and years of infighting and backstabbing all while DES and his team built and created a generational footy side.

Yes he left. Yes he talked to the dogs and signed. Yeas it was disappointing. But if you think someone as stubborn and passionate as Des would leave something he built from brick one without a bloody good reason you are dreaming.

The management of the club over many years created the issue and Des walked.
He had secret talks with Greenberg while still under contract with Manly for the following year. We'd just won a premiership and he wanted to stay til the end of his contract which was untenable.

What did he do at the dogs who had a stable board at the time. They ended up a basket case at the end of his tenure and are only now getting back on track.

Our club has gone backwards since his return.

I'm at a point now where I almost hope some people get their wish, and Des continues on - because they'll get what they wished for, and have ZERO grounds to complain when we start making excuses again next season.

I can just see it (new halves pairing, poor recruitment, no money to play with, KPI's etc etc etc). When we are bottom three, they'll use every excuse under the sun (again).

Someone even claimed they'd give Des until round 17 or something, if we are playing like arse. ROUND 17 !!!!

I'm at a point now where I almost hope some people get their wish, and Des continues on - because they'll get what they wished for, and have ZERO grounds to complain when we start making excuses again next season.

I can just see it (new halves pairing, poor recruitment, no money to play with, KPI's etc etc etc). When we are bottom three, they'll use every excuse under the sun (again).

Someone even claimed they'd give Des until round 17 or something, if we are playing like arse. ROUND 17 !!!!
And yet we axed 2V’s and never really gave him the chance to fix his mess. Des gets more support than the great man ever got.

2v’s is not the answer but I can tell you we are still divided over this decision and will continue to be until he gets an apolog.

And yet we axed 2V’s and never really gave him the chance to fix his mess. Des gets more support than the great man ever got.

2v’s is not the answer but I can tell you we are still divided over this decision and will continue to be until he gets an apolog.

I'm surprised to read in that article Des is one of the highest paid coaches in the league here? Guess we aren't as tight as people are suggesting.

He had secret talks with Greenberg while still under contract with Manly for the following year. We'd just won a premiership and he wanted to stay til the end of his contract which was untenable.

What did he do at the dogs who had a stable board at the time. They ended up a basket case at the end of his tenure and are only now getting back on track.

Our club has gone backwards since his return.
OK. More skewed reality. Based on truth but moulded into a narrative.

My moulded narrative has and will always be the same.

The owners and board drove Des out the door. Simple. Had he stayed we would have at least 1 more premiership if not more.

Was it you swoop that mentioned in an earlier post that 'the club just wanted to know' what was going on with the football side and this is what drove the split with Des?

The club and board was and continues to be a laughing stock. We have an owner who seems detached from reality. We have had how many CEOs over the years? No wonder a coach or coaches won't come here. Its almost career suicide if it doesn't click.

He went pretty well at the dogs until greenturd left and their board began infighting as well. Simple power struggle.

We will always disagree on this so have a great night and see you on the next battlefield.

That was me. 3/4 through the season to prove himself.

Look at tigers. Got rid of madge half way thru and its worse without him.

Succes or failure let the guy give it his best shot with a healthy side. What will be will be.

That was me. 3/4 through the season to prove himself.

Look at tigers. Got rid of madge half way thru and its worse without him.

Succes or failure let the guy give it his best shot with a healthy side. What will be will be.

That's too late mate. If we lost the first two or three, after the rheeming we've taken in losing 7 straight already, IF he is still here (that needs to be the limit for him).

Get someone fresh in early, to fine tune over the season & start rebuilding.

If we start losing yet again (which I predict will likely occur given lack of recruitment), all hell will break loose from the playing roster, to the media, to the front office. That's another whole year down the crapper, with a new coach having to THEN come in and make change over yet ANOTHER year.

Your strategy means three more years of struggle street.

The thing is... We will have the even less cattle next season. Look at who we're losing & who's replacing them. Des or any coach will have their work cut out. We need to keep the salary cap hogs on the field & firing on all cylinders.. Million bucks for a couple of games will never cut it.

All this doom and gloom stuff. Sure Manly fell apart at the end of the season and there may be underlying problems that caused it. Injuries though will always bring a side down, especially one that doesnt have a strong reserve of players like clubs like Manly.

With our top team we would have been in the 8. Its just the luck of the draw. Manly has the basics of a good side if they can keep them on the field. I agree with Bozo that the Shoe could well be the big plus and focal point of the team if he plays to his potential and as long as Des gives him the right support. He is the ball player that DCE is not and needs beside him like a Munster, and that should take a lot of pressure off DCE who seems to overplay when his side doesnt have any go forward.

With a few months to build up, Koula, Weekes and Burbo hopefully will move to another level. Ola and Paseka will hopefully be back to their best. Would like to see young Tong get a spot on the bench if he continues to develop. Our big problem is a forward leader, a mongrel. Hopefully someone is out there to fill the spot. I think Des is a top coach, but as said I think he has blind spots. He really needs a good assistant coach or two to ensure he has his eye correctly on the ball.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8