[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That's too late mate. If we lost the first two or three, after the rheeming we've taken in losing 7 straight already, IF he is still here (that needs to be the limit for him).

Get someone fresh in early, to fine tune over the season & start rebuilding.

If we start losing yet again (which I predict will likely occur given lack of recruitment), all hell will break loose from the playing roster, to the media, to the front office. That's another whole year down the crapper, with a new coach having to THEN come in and make change over yet ANOTHER year.

Your strategy means three more years of struggle street.
We'd be much better off making the change now and giving the new coach a full pre season to prep the team, than hanging on to Des and then getting rid of him after the first few weeks if we keep losing. That said, I'm at a loss as to who replaces him? Big decisions to be made by our club.

OK. More skewed reality. Based on truth but moulded into a narrative.

My moulded narrative has and will always be the same.

The owners and board drove Des out the door. Simple. Had he stayed we would have at least 1 more premiership if not more.

Was it you swoop that mentioned in an earlier post that 'the club just wanted to know' what was going on with the football side and this is what drove the split with Des?

The club and board was and continues to be a laughing stock. We have an owner who seems detached from reality. We have had how many CEOs over the years? No wonder a coach or coaches won't come here. Its almost career suicide if it doesn't click.

He went pretty well at the dogs until greenturd left and their board began infighting as well. Simple power struggle.

We will always disagree on this so have a great night and see you on the next battlefield.
Skewed reality? Really?

"Had he stayed we would have at least 1 more premiership if not more." This is your quote! So you are sure about that? That is skewed reality.

As to coaching the dogs yes he went alright with the roster that was there then got them to 2 GF's I think and lost. Then there was a steady decline until they sacked him.

With our top team we would have been in the 8.

Sorry not having a go at you in particular but I hear this a lot from some of our supporters making the 8 is not a successful year for us we used to and still should be expecting to compete for premierships not celebrating making the 8 with no real chance to win it.

When as a club did we start to tolerate or make excuses foe being rubbish? It is a losers mentality we should not tolerate as supporters or next stop is celebrating not getting the spoon.

Are we a big club anymore? it seems some of our fans are just happy to make the 8 and that is classed as successful.

I class success as premierships or being in the fight on the last day. So many rubbish teams in the comp making the 8 should be easy.

Skewed reality? Really?

"Had he stayed we would have at least 1 more premiership if not more." This is your quote! So you are sure about that? That is skewed reality.

As to coaching the dogs yes he went alright with the roster that was there then got them to 2 GF's I think and lost. Then there was a steady decline until they sacked him.
Regardless of opinion Des was twice the coach that Toovey was. Love tooves but his results and lack of other opportunities after being sacked shows his level.

Now is not the time to dump Des, back him for the duration of his contract then review. A reactionary response isn't going to magically fix everything.
Wonder if you’ll think this way if we lose the first 7 games next year too ???

We all love Des , he’s a legend , but all he has shown is he’s just a bit past it !!

Time for a change.

asking for a friend and while I have posed this question to a few people already... with crickets as the response.... while we have many on hear demanding Hasler be sacked or leave and we need a new coach to take over straight away...which high quality successful coach is replacing him? Can anyone put forward a cogent well respected prospect? To me there is only one option - Flanagan and I would guess he wouldn't come to this club with all the drama and dysfunction. So yes who.... who are you all clamoring for with frothing mouth demanding the club sign this next coaching genius?

Wonder if you’ll think this way if we lose the first 7 games next year too ???

We all love Des , he’s a legend , but all he has shown is he’s just a bit past it !!

Time for a change.
Yes, I will.

I'm fully expecting 2023 to be a disaster, my expectations are us getting our first spoon. If Des is past it and that happens, then an emergency succession plan our brand new CEO and co can get working on right now can be triggered and Des will be let go at the end of his contract or when he resigns, whichever is first.

I have more faith in Des' ability to salvage 2023 and 'right the ship', at least somewhat opposed to an inevitably inexperienced, glorified caretaker coach. If that's the alternative, Des can f**k around with bench rotations like a geriatric for a year if there's some kind of positive progress regarding the ongoing mutiny.

DCE can go before Des IMO. I'm not knocking him either, his public comments and leadership is hard to fault and he has been strong apart from some occasional poor plays, which we know he's good for when missing our attacking weapons. It's becoming apparent though that his value and ability to contribute producing equivalent dividends just aren't there for any party right now it seems - apart from his bank account :p

Des won’t walk , it’s all about the $$$$

If Penn pays him out he’ll go , otherwise it’s business as usual next year until Penn gets the ****s after we lose the first 7 and sacks him.

It’s the way our coach rolls.

Agree 100%, and I'm on the Des out team but in fairness I wouldn't walk from the money he's on! I'd definitely be payup or shut up!

They should make him get a haircut too tho, Adelaide Crows 2008 preseason camp type thing to really nail the message home.

With our top team we would have been in the 8. Its just the luck of the draw.
Would we though, Bearfax? Which of the teams in the top eight would we have displaced? Which of them are we better than?

Said this in another thread and have been saying it all year: injuries, luck, self-inflicted disasters, etc - they all even out over the course of a season and you finish where you deserve to finish. We ended up eight points outside the top eight and a massive 22 points off the top of the ladder.

Our season was not "derailed" by injury or by a jersey. The fractures in the playing group, poor habits, terrible defence and inability to face adversity existed well before Round 20. So the idea that, if every little thing had gone our way, we would have ended the year on a winning streak - when we could barely string back-to-back wins together all year - seems a little far-fetched to me.

Okay, so let's sack Des & DCE.

Let's say worst case scenario, the Turbros go elsewhere.

We're left with a squad of which a sizeable chunk is managed by Mario Tartak, none of whom are Manly juniors.

We're left with no coach.

We're left with the Fultons as the most powerful faction at the club (after the Penns) with no one to oppose them.

Then what? We suddenly become successful?

I actually think that would he the death knell for the club as we know it & the next time the NRL is looking for a club to move as part of their expansion, we lose our club.

Okay, so let's sack Des & DCE.

Let's say worst case scenario, the Turbros go elsewhere.

We're left with a squad of which a sizeable chunk is managed by Mario Tartak, none of whom are Manly juniors.

We're left with no coach.

We're left with the Fultons as the most powerful faction at the club (after the Penns) with no one to oppose them.

Then what? We suddenly become successful?

I actually think that would he the death knell for the club as we know it & the next time the NRL is looking for a club to move as part of their expansion, we lose our club.
First bloke on here I've seen connect the Crown Sports link, this is on the money.

asking for a friend and while I have posed this question to a few people already... with crickets as the response.... while we have many on hear demanding Hasler be sacked or leave and we need a new coach to take over straight away...which high quality successful coach is replacing him? Can anyone put forward a cogent well respected prospect? To me there is only one option - Flanagan and I would guess he wouldn't come to this club with all the drama and dysfunction. So yes who.... who are you all clamoring for with frothing mouth demanding the club sign this next coaching genius?

I've suggested many options, many times mate.

1. Anthony Seibold (Manly DNA). Coached the bunnies (who had just sacked their coach) to a 3rd placed finish in 2018. He followed that up in 2019 coaching The Broncos (who had just sacked their coach), and also got them to the finals. 2020 The Broncos collapsed (and he quit mid season).

2. The Walker Brothers (Manly DNA). Wayne Bennett challenged them to find a club that was completely under water & never had success, and turn that club around. They went to Ipswich Jets, and delivered them their first ever premiership ever. They have a new and unique way of coaching (dual input). The Jets performed (according to the media sources I've seen) in a high risk, high reward attacking structure type strategy.

3. Cooper Cronk. The guys blood is made of football material. Has heaps of footy IQ, is well considered around the league. Is great with the media. Would have good contacts for potential player acquisitions. Could possibly come in as an assistant to someone, and be part of some succession planning?

4 .I did mention Kristian Woolf previously, prior to Bennett snapping him up as part of the Dolphins succession planning. No point talking about his assets and what he could bring.

5. A smokey, like John Morris. His record speaks for itself. His players bought in. Kind of sad that he didn't get the gig at Cronulla. In his two seasons at The Sharks they made the finals both years. In 2021, they decided to move on from him (unfortunately).

6. Speaking of Sharks - Shane Flannagan. Okay, was involved in some pretty under handed tactics, but he also won a premiership. 64% winning ratio in his second stint with the Sharks, delivered their first premiership. For the record, those numbers would make him the 8th best coach in history (alongside Trent Robinson) statistically.

7. Geoff Toovey. We built bridges with Des. Why can't we do it with Tooves? 58.1% win ratio over his career as a coach. He might get on famously with Tony Mestrov. You could do worse than having him involved with the club again as a head, or assistant coach.

8. The rest. Billy Slater, Brad Fittler (both would have contacts and would likely bring in marquee players), Josh Hannay, Mick Potter etc.

9. Look at the coaches in the U.K. for their best and most consistent. Surround them with a culmination of the above.

And I've just scratched the surface here. I could write 100 pages of the stuff. And people say what other options are there - hahaha.

What have the myth Walker Bros achieved apart from 1 premiership in a lower tier QLD comp, in 9 years

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
What have the myth Walker Bros achieved apart from 1 premiership in a lower tier QLD comp, in 9 years

Myths? They are barely 40 and had to start somewhere? You don't think 9 years of what is the equivalent of the NSW Cup isn't acceptable for a promotion to first grade? You realise that's how Bellamy started? Coaching reserve grade? Then as an assistant. Hey, maybe he is a myth , too ! He only took the Raiders Presidents Cup team to one premiership before he got his shot, too.

Myths? They are barely 40 and had to start somewhere? You don't think 9 years of what is the equivalent of the NSW Cup isn't acceptable for a promotion to first grade? You realise that's how Bellamy started? Coaching reserve grade? Then as an assistant. Hey, maybe he is a myth , too ! He only took the Raiders Presidents Cup team to one premiership before he got his shot, too.
they have done nothing for years, claim to fame was to change the way league was going to be played...It failed and no one wants a bar of them. No thank you, we have enough issues to sort out.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
N

Now now don't get all your nickers in a toss.

Wow sensitive anyone say something you don't like.

Still stand by original comment his time is up and need to go
Yeah im wordy and opinionated on here
Particularly when we suck

But im also trying to be a little defensive of des cause all of a sudden he’s copping it from every corner and I don’t really agree he’s to blame

Btw even though i often come across as a know it all/opinionated I know I am wrong often too. I just tend to comment a lot in times when we struggle.

I’ve been concerned about Hasler bench strategy for years. It seemed to me that 2021 season only started to improve when a few dud choices went down injured. That seemed to force Hasler to move some youngsters up. We started to win then. If he refuses to pick up and comers then that’s a real problem. Some one else said he does not accept advice. That’s another problem for any assistant coaches he has. Does he listen? Who knows, except Monaghan or Randell, and they aren’t saying. Sad days

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10