[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Come the first finals game this will all be forgotten about for another couple of months

Mate, I respect your loyalty, your staunch, it’s just a shame Des wasn’t as loyal at the time, I get every one wants the best contract value available, but you have to look at things with some perspective.

Wasn’t he already on good coin and perhaps become a little greedy, given he was manly through and through at that stage, he lead us into 3 GF’s, won 2 and was on the cusp of creating something truly special.

He had a playing group capable of further success, even some of his senior players had been accepting understand to stay with the club that helped build the success.

2V did a good job under the circumstances and we were totally robbed in 2013, I felt almost certain we were set to go onto bigger things had Des stuck with the club, its a shame he didn’t exercise the same loyalty as some of his senior playing group, money’s not everything, it’s not as if he wasn’t earning well anyway.

It’s totally ok to ask for more money and or to take a better offer if that’s what you want, but you have to weigh things up, he basically ripped up his club loyalty and sold us out, he sold out his playing group and his legacy now wears those scars, (I don’t really care about the back ground noise) had he stayed on he could of had a Bellamy type legacy, anyway it’s all water under the bridge now and all I want is our club to be successful again, I just don’t know if Des can do that anymore, especially given what’s transpired thus far, for his sake and ours, if he sticks it out or isn’t sent packing, I hope he can turn it around next year because it’s hard to see our once proud club drowning.

And just for the record, I’m equally as concerned that we may not find a better replacement, the whole things a mess, I just want to see some positives and unfortunately the fogs become pretty bloody thick.
You see regardless of what was written by honest hard working jounos that have absolutely no agenda im just not sure it was about the money dont you think?

Its exactly the same this morning. Having to work for an organisation that continues to try and root itself every time it sees its own reflection in the mirror.....

I'm not overy fussed anymore. Last time we sacked a MANLY coach we got TBAZ that worked out so bring it on I say.....

What board isn't fractured? I know it was bad but we'd just won the the premiership and he had autonomy at the club. I think the board wanted more information about what was going on.

But during the year he was having secret meetings with Greenberg and announced he was leaving straight after we'd won the comp, also saying he'd see out the final year of his contract which was untenable.

He left taking all of the coaching staff along with some players and left the club with a heap of players with back ended contracts which left the club in disarray and having to offload players like Glenn Stewart which caused a **** storm and divided the playing group. ie DCE and B Stewart.

The deceiving wasn't all done be the board it was done by our current coach.

He went to the dogs and was given the same autonomy and they are just recovering now from the same problems.

Since he's come back we've gone backwards.

So please don't give me the excuse they it was our boards' who lied and deceived, the current coach was not only deceiving the board but also us, THE FANS!
Again. A view of history that skews reality to make a point... you attempt to make it sound like the manly board and owner war was just a little blip that all clubs go through. It wasn't. It was years and years of infighting and backstabbing all while DES and his team built and created a generational footy side.

Yes he left. Yes he talked to the dogs and signed. Yeas it was disappointing. But if you think someone as stubborn and passionate as Des would leave something he built from brick one without a bloody good reason you are dreaming.

The management of the club over many years created the issue and Des walked.

His ( Foran’s ) view would no way reflect the majority
Ok... I will bite... which of the players of the main playing squad don't support Hasler? I will even bite again.... which high quality coach that is available to us with the experience and runs on the board are you suggesting we should sign... or should come to Manly?

It's entirely possible that the success of Des is entirely down to three words ...
Back ended contracts.

He was allowed to run with them at Manly until it all fell apart and we've not won a premiership since.

Bulldogs fans will tell you those same contracts got them to Grand Finals but left them a salary cap basket case for years after.

It was made clear when he returned to Manly that he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate money (although apparently he was the driver behind the DCE extension).

The Roosters have Uncle Nick and others have generous TPAs to load their squads with talent.
Without that you need a very astute coach like Payten, to get the most out of a bunch of journeymen, something that Bellamy does very well, and yes he also benefits from TPAs.

Can Des win a premiership without back ended contracts?
OMG.

How do you win a competition or in our case multiple competitions without doing something different?

We are a small almost broken club with a dilapidated home ground and little support away from the northern beaches.

Roosters and storm play in a different competition. Look at rooters new golden stadium.... 'their home ground' apparently???

Uncle nick bankrolling the squad in whatever dodgy way he does....

And then there is Melbourne. The one team town that built their dynasty on cheating. Yes cheating. They didn't need back ended contracts they just had 2 contracts for each player.

And to say Bellamy wasn't aware is ludicrous.

Back to us.

Obviously you have a different outlook but name me a club who have enjoyed a dynasty of success who didn't have to either cheat or do something different to the norm to get there?

Good luck to payten this year. They may win it but as soon as they do the value of every player on his books will rocket and unless he plays with the numbers the vultures will pick at his eyes until its dead as well.

Penrith are probably in their last season of dominance. Big name players are moving on and they will loose more next year.

Sure if you are happy yo possibly win 1 comp per 15-20 years like the majority of clubs do then go for it. I will be forever grateful to have supported a generational side between 2007 and 2013. Not many supporters get that chance.

And you have 1 person to thank for that. DES.

OMG.

How do you win a competition or in our case multiple competitions without doing something different?

We are a small almost broken club with a dilapidated home ground and little support away from the northern beaches.

Roosters and storm play in a different competition. Look at rooters new golden stadium.... 'their home ground' apparently???

And then there is Melbourne. The one team town that built their dynasty on cheating. Yes cheating. They didn't need back ended contracts they just had 2 contracts for each player.

And to say Bellamy wasn't aware is ludicrous.

Back to us.

Obviously you have a different outlook but name me a club who have enjoyed a dynasty of success who didn't have to either cheat or do something different to the norm to get there?

Good luck to payten this year. They may win it but as soon as they do the value of every player on his books will rocket and unless he plays with the numbers the vultures will pick at his eyes until its dead as well.

Penrith are probably in their last season of dominance. Big name players are moving on and they will loose more next year.

Sure if you are happy yo possibly win 1 comp per 15-20 years like the majority of clubs do then go for it. I will be forever grateful to have supported a generational side between 2007 and 2013. Not many supporters get that chance.

Now I'm starting to worry about you London chappie. Can you read at all?
To quote myself, and I've never done this in my life,
"It was made clear when he returned to Manly that he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate money."

Why on earth are you blasting away at me on this? What time is it there?
Have you been drinking?
Have you had your Wheaties?
An ingrown toenail perhaps?

Ok... I will bite... which of the players of the main playing squad don't support Hasler? I will even bite again.... which high quality coach that is available to us with the experience and runs on the board are you suggesting we should sign... or should come to Manly?
Funny but from what I’m hearing most !!

I’ve never said I had the magic fix , I’m simply reporting that not all is well at “ camp sea eagles “.

Manly superstar Trbojevic backs Hasler, denies feud with Cherry-Evans​

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has thrown his powerful support behind embattled coach Des Hasler, calling for stability at a club that has endured endless upheaval over the past decade.

Trbojevic has also moved to silence speculation that he and brother Jake Trbojevic have fallen out with captain Daly Cherry-Evans as the senior players prepare to meet with club management in the coming days.

Factions inside the Sea Eagles are once again at loggerheads over the direction of the team, with a crisis meeting between Hasler and club powerbrokers scheduled for Thursday.

Hasler is reportedly considering quitting his job as Manly look set to force the coach into a raft of changes heading into his final contracted season next year. Hasler has a clause in his contract that would have guaranteed him the 2024 season. However, the Sea Eagles needed to finish inside the top six this season to trigger the deal.

News Corp has also reported that the Trbojevic brothers will consider their own futures at the club if Hasler is run out of town. While Tom insists he has no plans to leave the Sea Eagles, he made it abundantly clear who he wants at the helm.

“I’m not going to sugarcoat things because this has been a disappointing year for us,” Trbojevic told the Herald on Sunday.

“We wanted to play finals football and we’ve underachieved. But a lot of the stuff being said is being over-dramatised. I don’t have any plans of leaving because as far as I’m concerned, Des is still the coach. Des is the best person to get us out of the hole we have got ourselves into at the moment.

“I want him to be the coach next year and for many years after that, and I’m speaking on behalf of a lot of people in our club who feel the same. The club has been down this path many times now. Change isn’t always the answer. Stability is what is going to get us out of this.”

The strength of the relationship of the playing group has come under fire since the Pride jersey fiasco six weeks ago. While the players have held internal meetings to try and resolve any lingering issues, a seven-game losing streak has only added to the unhappiness at Manly.

News Corp reported that there was tension between the Trbojevic brothers and Cherry-Evans, but Tom insists there are no personal issues with anyone at the club. The club’s three best players recently addressed the speculation.

“I think people assume in a football team that everyone is best mates,” Trbojevic said.

“There are so many different personalities and characters within a football club that it’s only natural for some people to be closer than others. But to suggest there is any personal unrest from my end to anyone in the team is untrue, especially not with Chez.

“We’ve heard the rumours and we’ve got together and addressed it. We are united in making sure this club is successful. We know we have to get better as a team and we all want what is best for the club.”

New Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov, who spoke with the Trbojevic brothers after Friday’s loss, said he will be meeting with a number of players in the coming weeks.

“There’s some frustration among the senior players and we’re all disappointed with the position the club is in,” Mestrov said. “We will all have some good discussions in the off-season.”

The Herald understands tension within the club also relates to a differing of views between Hasler and the powerful Fulton family.

Hasler, who is one of the highest-paid coaches in the game earning just under $1 million per season, and many of the senior players wanted Kieran Foran to remain at the club, however recruitment manager Scott Fulton, the son of the late Bob Fulton, has been pushing for Josh Schuster to take over the No.6 jersey.

Scott Fulton also has a close relationship with Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak, who has brought several players to the club from western Sydney in recent years.

“It was really emotional at the end there. I wanted to finish on a high note at a club that means so much to me,” Foran said after the one-point loss to Canterbury on Friday night. “It’s been a really tough season for us.

“The reality is I’ve still got a fair bit of footy left in me, but my time at Manly is finished. There’s a lot of people here that played a huge part in my career; Dessie, I’ve known Cherry for 15 years and the Trbojevic boys as well as [Lachlan] Croker and Parks [Brad Parker]. I could name all of them. Then there’s the young boys who have come through.

“It will be strange [without Des]. It’s not ideal feeling like this, and he’s a coach I’ve always enjoyed playing under. But that’s rugby league. I’m excited for the future and going under Justin [Holbrook at the Titans].

“[The pride jersey saga] is so in the past for us. They’re our teammates, they’re our brothers and we completely understand their position on it. We all moved on. They came back and tried their hearts out for the team and the club. That’s all you can ask.”

The sack Des page is only 96 pages long ? Should be 200 pages + minimum.Most Eagle fans are not serious.

Fitzgibbon as a debut 1st grade coach heavily outperformed Des Hasler this season which is a humiliation.

Everyone in the world knows that Turbo is far more important to this club then Des as a coach will ever be. Thats all the proof you need Des needs to be sacked immediately.

Turbo is a clown if he is actually backing Des. Stick to being the best player in the game Turbo, and Keep your clueless Club damaging opinions about keeping a clown coach to yourself.

Nothing to see Tommy wants Des for life and loves DCE we are ****ed. Were do these guys get off? they dished up **** for us supporters to eat but want no change.

Tom concentrate getting fit and staying fit for once in your career I would be comfortable on 1.2 mill a year averaging 10 games a year with my little brother getting a free ride also but come on stay out of the club politics mate you are paid to play.

Herald journos doing pushing Des's agenda Tele pushing Penns all forgetting us they can all **** off imo.

OMG.

We will agree to disagree feathered friend
Happy fathers day

We have proven in the past and lately in 2008 and 2011 that our small club with the dilapidated ground Can not only match it with the fancy ground boys but also defeat them
Our limitations are only in our own mind

I do not believe cheating is the way that creates long term success but only hard work commitment and innovation

For Our successful generation we not only have Des to Thank for but also our loyal and Generous owners like Max Delmege and the Penns for making it possible

Now I'm starting to worry about you London chappie. Can you read at all?
To quote myself, and I've never done this in my life,
"It was made clear when he returned to Manly that he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate money."

Why on earth are you blasting away at me on this? What time is it there?
Have you been drinking?
Have you had your Wheaties?
An ingrown toenail perhaps?
I realise we have been butting heads latly but your above post is strange to say the least. It appears to be a reply without answers and one where you just decided not to answer. Is that because you don't want to or can't?

Sure I'm drinking while taking Coke and its 3am and I'm on E and high on poppers..... yeah nah. Just woken from a lovely 10 hours of sleep to see more of the same on ST and have dived right in.

You started the OP with the following words.

'It's entirely possible that the success of Des is entirely down to three words ...
Back ended contracts.'

My entire reply to you was based around that very statement. Obviously you blame the back ended contracts for a number of years in the wilderness and I was just pointing out that to have the success level we attained from 2007 till 2013 you need to push the envelop.

I would love to hear what you would have done to attain the same level of success?

The Herald understands tension within the club also relates to a differing of views between Hasler and the powerful Fulton family.

Hasler, who is one of the highest-paid coaches in the game earning just under $1 million per season, and many of the senior players wanted Kieran Foran to remain at the club, however recruitment manager Scott Fulton, the son of the late Bob Fulton, has been pushing for Josh Schuster to take over the No.6 jersey.

Scott Fulton also has a close relationship with Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak, who has brought several players to the club from western Sydney in recent years.
Interesting.

Des & senior players wanted Foz to stay, while because Bozo promised Schuster the 5/8th jersey & captaincy, & Scott Fulton intends to deliver on his late father's promises, our club has been destabilised.

How can Des be blamed for this?

Add to this the lack of support from management (Des having to front the media about the jersey while still showing support for his players), the bloke's been on a hiding to nothing.

It doesn't matter what game plan, motivational speech or training schedule you provide, if half of your team are in the huff because they're all managed by the same bloke (who also happens to have a strong relationship with a member of a family holding a grudge over the way the coach left the club previously) & are pushing an agenda to have one of those players under that same manager to usurp the 5/8th position from a player the coach has a good relationship with, then it doesn't matter - these blokes won't put it all on the line for our club.

Last edited:
There has been so much written about the coach and his future at the club.

It is beyond doubt that this truly has been the season from hell for Hasler. After last seasons amazing performance, very little has gone right this year and a lot of that is beyond his control due to the disastrous injury toll we had through the year and the dysfunction of the management of the club that meant football matters were second class as he dealt with a the pride shirt crisis.

I want to look at things as objective as I can. The thing that I see is that Des is old school and has methods he trusts and have given him plenty of success over many years. The fact is that Des has not had much success since 2014 when he got the Filth dogs to the GF and got Manly to the finals in 19 and 21.

The thing that most concerns me about Des is his reluctance to play young and upcoming players especially when you consider that all season we have had guys in first grade that are mere passengers and not up to first grade standard. This is a situation that Des needs to address if he is to continue moving forward.

I applaud his loyalty to his players. What I do not understand is why he continues to reward outright failure in some players and did not give guys a chance to prove themselves.

It is obvious that young Schuster is not as fit as he was last season and I did not understand playing him in a cameo role when he needed match fitness.

The club is about to impose its way on how the coaching team operates. We have fault lines throughout the team and for him and DCE to basically say after the Dogs farce that the team had moved on is a bloody insult to everyone who cares about Manly!

I believe that a solution to consider is to get in an assistant coach like Wayne Lambkin who has a rapport with the young Pacifica players having coached them and understanding their culture. He also has a modern approach and understands the culture of Manly and should never be forgotten for the miracle he coached to win the Holden Cup in 2017 from 8th spot.

I hope cool heads prevail and that we get the best outcome for our club from a coaching perspective.

One thing is certain. What we saw in 2022 was not acceptable and we need a rethink about how we move forward!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8