Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Another signing.

Nice to see another signing. We are getting some great potential in the club. This will help in 2-3 years when some retire.

Storm's Kostjasyn joins Cowboys

Date July 25, 2012

Melbourne Storm utility Rory Kostjasyn has joined North Queensland on a two-year deal starting in 2013.

Kostjasyn has been a valuable asset for the Storm, able to play hooker, five-eighth, halfback and lock.

The 25-year-old has been named on the bench for the Storm's Friday night clash with St George Illawarra in Wollongong.

He has played 30 NRL matches for the Storm; 12 this season.

Advertisement

Cowboys football general manager Peter Parr said Kostjasyn's versatility would be an important factor for North Queensland's next two NRL campaigns.

"Rory has shown during his time with the Storm that he's capable of doing a very good job in a number of positions," Parr said.

"No doubt he will come here with a goal of nailing down a permanent position in our top 17."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storms-kostjasyn-joins-cowboys-20120725-22pc0.html#ixzz21cJY26Rl

Was reading a couple of opinions earlier from Warriors fans who think we have the best 2 guys from their U20 side

DSM5 said:
Sorry Dan but Haiku is so 70s. I don't even think they teach that sort of crap in schools anymore, anywhere. Oh, maybe they do in Queensland.

I've never heard of it and had to Google it to read it's Wiki to find out what it is all about. I was schooled at Newport & Mona Vale in the 70's and I'm damn sure it wasn't taught when I was at school.

Jethro said:
DSM5 said:
Sorry Dan but Haiku is so 70s. I don't even think they teach that sort of crap in schools anymore, anywhere. Oh, maybe they do in Queensland.

I've never heard of it and had to Google it to read it's Wiki to find out what it is all about. I was schooled at Newport & Mona Vale in the 70's and I'm damn sure it wasn't taught when I was at school.

I had to google it as well. I'd never heard of it before either.

Have not heard of it?
You guys cant be serious!
Time to hit the books.

tookey said:
Blowfly said:
joeboy said:
Adrian Ha'angana from the rabbits is also close to signing. Don't know anything about him though.

I don't know much about his playing talent but do know the Rabbitohs have just sacked him (and James Roberts) for breaching their code of conduct.

I hope we're not taking on another club's baggage!

Former Toyota Cup commentator now NRL commentator Matt Russell assures me Ha'angana is an exceptional talent and rated him one of the best in Souths NYC side.

I guess his sacking at Souths will make Manly's negotiations easier. haha

He has been playing NSw cup for Norths ths year. I would be more concerned about getting him used to actually wining games.

Or wearing a jersey that's relevant

Its nice poaching other teams NYC players! :p

On that note, I wonder why no one is poaching ours? :/ strange!

Sounds like a good signing. We definitely need a backup fullback for Snake. To be honest, I can't see him going anywhere.

We're supposed to be in talks with Penrith prop Mitch Achurch according to Josh Massoud.
Mitch Achurch

Date of Birth: 14 July, 1988
Height: 196 cm
Weight: 113 kg
Position: Second Row/Front Row
Rep. Honours: NA
Junior Clubs: Leichhardt Wanderers
Previous Clubs: North Queensland Cowboys (2009-10)
FG Debut: March 23, 2012 (round 4) against Parramatta, Parramatta Stadium
Club Debut: March 23, 2012 (round 4) against Parramatta, Parramatta Stadium

Full Bio

At 6 foot 4, Mitch is one of the biggest and most imposing members of the Panthers squad. Despite not completing a pre-season this year due to shin splints, Mitch has become the quiet achiever, improving steadily as the season goes on.

We're supposed to be in talks with Penrith prop Mitch Achurch according to Josh Massoud.
Mitch Achurch

Date of Birth: 14 July, 1988
Height: 196 cm
Weight: 113 kg
Position: Second Row/Front Row
Rep. Honours: NA
Junior Clubs: Leichhardt Wanderers
Previous Clubs: North Queensland Cowboys (2009-10)
FG Debut: March 23, 2012 (round 4) against Parramatta, Parramatta Stadium
Club Debut: March 23, 2012 (round 4) against Parramatta, Parramatta Stadium

Full Bio

At 6 foot 4, Mitch is one of the biggest and most imposing members of the Panthers squad. Despite not completing a pre-season this year due to shin splints, Mitch has become the quiet achiever, improving steadily as the season goes on.

Sounds good, i'd see him coming in and competing with Fa'aoso for a bench spot

You can never have enough forwards

Sounds good, i'd see him coming in and competing with Fa'aoso for a bench spot

You can never have enough forwards

Heard the other day that Dane Hogan (cowboys) has been talking to a couple of 'beaches' clubs. I think Cronulla is most in the hunt. has been frustrated in townsville not being able to push for a spot and wants to have a real go somewhere in the environment he is more used to before his time is up. (surfy kid). Second Row / Lock, i cant really see us making a play unless to just bolster NSW cup and have as a cheap young backup (he's 23), was dragons under 20's player of the year, ex aus schoolboys etc. but the talk of him wanting 'beaches' pricked my ear up a little. He's good mates with Mitch Achurch too.

Heard the other day that Dane Hogan (cowboys) has been talking to a couple of 'beaches' clubs. I think Cronulla is most in the hunt. has been frustrated in townsville not being able to push for a spot and wants to have a real go somewhere in the environment he is more used to before his time is up. (surfy kid). Second Row / Lock, i cant really see us making a play unless to just bolster NSW cup and have as a cheap young backup (he's 23), was dragons under 20's player of the year, ex aus schoolboys etc. but the talk of him wanting 'beaches' pricked my ear up a little. He's good mates with Mitch Achurch too.

Moondog said:

Well he's named in their team for this weekend. A chance to see how he goes.

Moondog said:

Well he's named in their team for this weekend. A chance to see how he goes.

"Manly have signed exciting young Warriors NYC fullback Peta Hiku. A dynamic ball runner, Hiku has replaced Omar Slaimankhel in the No 1 spot for the warriors Toyata Cup side this season and Manly see the 19 year old as an ideal back up to star fullback Brett Stewart in coming seasons" Rugby League Week

"Manly have signed exciting young Warriors NYC fullback Peta Hiku. A dynamic ball runner, Hiku has replaced Omar Slaimankhel in the No 1 spot for the warriors Toyata Cup side this season and Manly see the 19 year old as an ideal back up to star fullback Brett Stewart in coming seasons" Rugby League Week

eaglezap said:

Dat's cool!

You can read all about H(a)iku's in this thread

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Another-signing--32128

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11