Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
RE: Another signing.

lsz said:
Is it just me or has there been a shift in our recruitment?

We seem to be signing more Toyota cup players than I can remember? Or is my mind playing tricks??

Your mind came up to me one day and said: 'Pick a card, any card.'
So I grabbed a birthday one as I was in a newsagency.

bones

Bones Knows

Napper said:
Ideal backup or Snake isnt staying? Seems odd with the high hopes for Gutherson who is only 2 years younger.

Maybe they're looking at a back up for the next two years until Gutherson is ready. Snake has had his fair share of injuries lately, so it's good to see they want a back up for next year instead of waiting til Gutherson is ready. In two or three years time when Gutherson is ready, I hope they keep whoever is the better of the two. With Gutherson being a local junior, I hope its him :p

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

It's quite simple. We have lost all of our backup fullbacks and wingers. We only have Farrer left as a backup. Wolfman will likely get injured and so will Brett, meaning we have Farrer to fill in for one, but if we have a year like we did this year, then we are going to need more players to slot into the backs where most of our injuries are.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member

Whare and Oldfied are gone, so it seems logical to have a back-up fullback. Gutherson is only 17 and might need a year or two to develop. This guy is 2 years older so I see him as good signing.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member

I was watching a Warriors/Cowboys toyota cup game the other day on Fox and from memory the commentators said that only 33% of these players will go on to have a career in football...even on a minimum contract these guys are looking for a chance to keep a foot in the door and an opportunity to showcase their wares in the top grade.

I hate the idea of picking the eyes out of another clubs juniors...but that warriors under 20's team is something special.

Peter C

Bencher

It's a real shame that Reece Robinson re-signed with Canberra, would have been cheap, and is playing out of his skin at fullback or wing or pehaps center.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

Ok Dan here's an average attempt at a haiku

Bright New signing
Once was a warrior
Soar seaeagle soar

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

it's especially bad as it is

instead of

it works on Syllables mate, not words :)

eagles2win

Bencher
Another signing.

MB59 said:
I was watching a Warriors/Cowboys toyota cup game the other day on Fox and from memory the commentators said that only 33% of these players will go on to have a career in football...even on a minimum contract these guys are looking for a chance to keep a foot in the door and an opportunity to showcase their wares in the top grade.

I hate the idea of picking the eyes out of another clubs juniors...but that warriors under 20's team is something special.

The scary thing about the Warriors 20s is that another crop will emerge - notice the coach rotates his side every now and then and they haven't clicked yet and still lead the comp.
A lot of the boys are playing there first year of league after crossing codes

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

He has a ready made nickname, that makes our muck racking jobs a lot easier

DYEagle

Reserve Grader

bones said:
By the Mole in today's RLW.

Manly have signed exciting young Warriors fullback Peta Hiku. A dynamic ball runner, Hiku has replaced Omar Slaimankhel in the No. 1 spot for the Warriors Toyota Cup side this season and Manly see the 19 year old as an ideal back up to star fullback Brett Stewart in coming seasons.

The new Hoppa!

DSM5

First Grader

Sorry Dan but Haiku is so 70s. I don't even think they teach that sort of crap in schools anymore, anywhere. Oh, maybe they do in Queensland.

joeboy

Bencher

Adrian Ha'angana from the rabbits is also close to signing. Don't know anything about him though.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

DSM5 said:
Sorry Dan but Haiku is so 70s. I don't even think they teach that sort of crap in schools anymore, anywhere. Oh, maybe they do in Queensland.

what does Era have to do with it when the guys name is Hiku (haiku)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14