Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
OFFICIAL : Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Make this Sticky with no date

Someone suggested Stanley Waqa from the chools may be headed our way

Re: Rumoured Signings

Front rower

Stanley Waqa(born 28 April 1988) is a Fijian rugby league player for the Sydney Roosters in the NRL. His position is at prop. He played his junior rugby for the Guilford Owls. He was a member of their Toyota Cup team in 2008.

In October, 2009, Waqa was charged over a knife-wielding incident in which a young woman was wounded in Sydney's east.[1] Police allege Waqa was arguing with a woman inside an apartment in Randwick. It is alleged Waca then armed himself with a knife, and recklessly wounded the woman. The woman was taken to hospital suffering lacerations

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=182270.msg249129#msg249129 date=1263621369]
is he any good Berkeley Eagle?? position etc

DSM reckons he is sh!t & a waste of salary cap money.
[/quote]

Correction: DSM reckons he is dangerous and should be arrested before he signs with us.

Willie Mason

New to the forums, so g'day all.

Here's a scoop...

Willie Mason to sign with the Sea Eagles for 2010.

Mixed feelings about it as well but is the mail.. negotiations underway and can be a cheap purchase with the Roosters making up the difference of any deal.

From a very reliable source ;)

I'd be happy with Mason. With the Storm board knocking it on the head, and Tigers and Dragons saying no he is fast running out of NRL options. Sign him up, make the Chooks pay, get Donny Singe to break him on the Narrabeen sandhills and then re-mold him into a first class citizen playing in the maroon & white.

MB, you have a flourishing career in Hollywood ahead of you.

I think the Oracle may have resurfaced.

Bradza link said:
MB, you have a flourishing career in Hollywood ahead of you.

I think the Oracle may have resurfaced.

I am sure I have been insulted, but hey, I'm in a good mood today. Keep up the fine work Bradza. :)

All good MB, I think you just need a more punchy ending to the tale. Say....."...re-mold him into a first class citizen playing in the maroon & white and winning a premiership in his first season scoring a hatrick in Manly's 36-2 victory over the Brian Smith coached Rorters."

Mcatmos is pretty new around here so may not get the Oracle reference. The Oracle was a former janitor and coffee maker at the football club offices who lurked here for a short but colourful time providing breatheless eye witness reports on our recruitment efforts.
Now you seem pretty sincere so some additional hints on your "very reliable source" could assist credibility wise. Willie would be a very unDes like consideration.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Mcatmos link=topic=182270.msg249140#msg249140 date=1263632609]
New to the forums, so g'day all.

Here's a scoop...

Willie Mason to sign with the Sea Eagles for 2010.
Which institution did you escape from?  :)
[/quote]

New favourite quote. You made me laugh violently.

edit: didn't finish reading the thread. ok so assume this is true - no one has 100% denied it yet...

If Des is against it, then that means its a powerplay from G.Lowe? He must see it as a good value buyout. My major problem with this is... if (and I'm not saying that he is) so many ppl say Big Willie is rubbish, why not spend the salary cap money on signing up more potential young guns. Did signing Kimorley get Bulldogs to the GF? Did signing Big W get the rorters anywhere?
The correct move for these guys is to go to England and bask in the glory of their relatively easier competition, not stay here and sell clubs on past glories.

Sorry to inform you that 'the Oracle' hasn't resurfaced, but from my understanding... an offer has been put to Willie and his management and awaiting a decision. And don't be too sure that Des isn't a fan of him, he instigated proceedings in an effort to get Mason back in 2007 after he was freed from Belmore...

Yes I have also heard that big willie is on his way to Brookvale oval along with his brother Les.  

Their role will be to get on the piss with Mattai and choc and then act as their body guards so that no-one beats them up again.  Des also wants Mattai to be able to say ‘Hey, cuz, ease up’ to anyone he feels like without beign knocked out.

Willy will piss on anyone who gets too close and then Les will use his enormous weight to put the big splash on any would be thugs.  

Ok! so who else do we have on radar?

So far...
1. Knife wielding crazy. Will need to be kept away from the cheerleaders.
2. NRL's most overated forward. May not like the lack of nightclubs in Manly.

its all a load of crap. willy will be going to england or the bullwogs. basically who cares, des not interested, end of right

I'm glad to here that SiG, it is worrying when ppl spread rumours that smack of desperation like those ones do.

For mine, we should be focused on signing Foran to a long term contract.
Conclude a deal with Choc.
Maybe find a cheap forward or two, but basically make sure the current players get re-signed.

Are there any good islanders flying under the radar? A bit of extra bite in the forwards might help us. I'm not sold on Trex like others but I think he is gonna smash some heads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7