RTS- Tom Replacement? (Nope)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fck me people have short memories.
I'm old enough to remember Manly importing Kevin Ward for ten or eleven games. who went alright. But oh no RTS can't have that.
Back when we had a chance of winning the title, we brought in Kevin Ward.
Manly won't be doing no such thing this season.
Might as well see what Jake Toby can do and if he does well , then we have ourselves a reliable FB.

Back when we had a chance of winning the title, we brought in Kevin Ward.
Manly won't be doing no such thing this season.
Might as well see what Jake Toby can do and if he does well , then we have ourselves a reliable FB.
RTS won't cost anything, due to insurance. Ok we won't win the premiership but that window closed a while ago.

Like I said in another thread, if it stops is coming last I'm all for it.

RTS might just rub off some professionalism and integrity on to some younger players. Even if he is here for half a year. Just have to look at what he did for players like nicholl klokstad etc..
Just seeing the way he trains, prepares etc is worth the short term investment on its own. He knows what it takes to be an elite athlete. And anyone would be silly or delusional, in not wanting to have him here. Coz I bet if any other club could right now they would.

I don't understand why people would care whether RTS is a potential ongoing fixture or not...it's no different to signing Aaron Woods on a short term deal from the Dragons, when he is retiring at the end of year, it's just that RTS is actually a good player and might contribute something. I'm not kidding myself that there is a single player on our roster outside of Jake T, that cares about the club to the extend that our supporters do. They're all there for a bit of coin. That much has been made obvious in the 20+ since the game turned 'full-time professional'.

If we only signed players with the same enthusiasm for the club as our supporters, we'd have an empty team sheet each week. Be realistic people.
The difference with Woods is that he is choosing to finish his career here and we know that. Not be a fill in until his new contract comes around for his new club.

Fck me people have short memories.
I'm old enough to remember Manly importing Kevin Ward for ten or eleven games. who went alright. But oh no RTS can't have that.
Hmmm, that is an interesting comparison and I do also remember that. It was a long time ago so I wouldn't say short memory. You almost got me to change my mind but I guess I would only say that it's a little different coz he wasn't playing in this country and he actually wanted to play for us not just coming in for the money while he waited for the next comp to start with another team here. But I accept you've weakened my principled stance. But I still don't like it and would still rather that we keep it in house. But I also accept I'm a lone voice.

The difference with Woods is that he is choosing to finish his career here and we know that. Not be a fill in until his new contract comes around for his new club.
I’d rather he choose to finish his career somewhere else.

RTS might just rub off some professionalism and integrity on to some younger players. Even if he is here for half a year. Just have to look at what he did for players like nicholl klokstad etc..
Good theory, KNUCKLES, but I don't think our players like the idea of anybody rubbing off on them…

Choosing? He was part of swap deal because the Dragons didn’t want him anymore and needed to offload someone in exchange for a couple of prospects.

He is filling in until retirement, meaning he’ll be going at the end of the year. The same expiration date on a potential stint from RTS. Who cares what either do post the last game of the season?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8