RTS- Tom Replacement? (Nope)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Choosing? He was part of swap deal because the Dragons didn’t want him anymore and needed to offload someone in exchange for a couple of prospects.

He is filling in until retirement, meaning he’ll be going at the end of the year. The same expiration date on a potential stint from RTS. Who cares what either do post the last game of the season?
I'm afraid you've taken my comment too literally. Im not saying he chose to come here too retire but he is choosing to retire. Whereas RTS is not choosing to retire, he is choosing to play for another team and not Manly. You may not care what they do afterwards but that is the crux of my issue. Having a fill in for money with a team they dont care about. So thats where we differ - I do care what they do at the end of the season. But anyway ...

The odds of RTS being at Manly this year are at best 50 to 1. Savage/Laurie may 10 to 1. No one new 2 to 1. Just my thoughts. Fancy the NRL giving us dispensation. I remember Stawart/Matai/Watmough situation.

The odds of RTS being at Manly this year are at best 50 to 1. Savage/Laurie may 10 to 1. No one new 2 to 1. Just my thoughts. Fancy the NRL giving us dispensation. I remember Stawart/Matai/Watmough situation.

I understand its your opinion and you might well be 100% correct. But I am sure we will get a player, there is no doubt about it, and it has to be a fullback.

A couple of facts

1. The rules are we get a "like for like replacement" at the NRLs expense.

2. The Warriors tried to get RTS into their squad just last week but at $25K a match they decided it was no value to them.

So we know it wont cost us and RTS want to play this year. The only obstacle I can see is RTS mightn't want to come across the ditch but surely the money and the number of weeks involved will solve that.

I understand its your opinion and you might well be 100% correct. But I am sure we will get a player, there is no doubt about it, and it has to be a fullback.

A couple of facts

1. The rules are we get a "like for like replacement" at the NRLs expense.

2. The Warriors tried to get RTS into their squad just last week but at $25K a match they decided it was no value to them.

So we know it wont cost us and RTS want to play this year. The only obstacle I can see is RTS mightn't want to come across the ditch but surely the money and the number of weeks involved will solve that.
Boy I hope so. We could do with some positive news around this joint

When we had AFB, with the way he was developing and asserting himself as the leader of our pack, I was convinced we were on the cusp of being able to challenge for a premiership. We have not looked likely since.
He was good but without him we did not make a prelim final like we did when he left

Seibold in the presser about RTS - "He is not available".

Looks like we must have made some enquiries...
Seibs only told half the story…
“He is not available” - to us…

Manly recruitment officer: “Hi we are interested in having you come to Manly”

RTS :”HAAA HAHAHAHAHA…”

Manly: “We have 350,000 that…”

RTS: “Hahahahahaha…”

Manly: “We are still in finals contention and…”

RTS: SNORT!! “Hahahahaha… STOP IT! Hahahaha…”

Manly: “We have a premiership squad…”

RTS: Beep, beep, beep…

Don't worry all will be good. Talau will come over early as a like for like replacement.

Manly Sea Tigers
You beauty

I've absolutely hated the fact that other clubs have been doing this sort of thing so it would be hypocritical (in my head) for us to now do it. As much as it hurts and we run the risk of a spoon, we shouldn't "rent" players from outside.
There is a legitimate dispensation for losing a marquee player due to long term injury in a rep game ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11