Rose - the thorn in the side

He must have changed dramatically. When he first arrived he was a typical country boy, shy, polite, quietly spoken, a delight to talk to and happy to have a game, His form last year before getting injured was just sensational and then came the SOO talk and the radical hair cuts and the legend in his head must have grown. C'mon Georgie, you are better than that.

I've had a few dealings with him not only as fan but also professionally and have found him to be a really good fella.

I don't know much about tweeter berks but tbh if someone I didn't know that well posted something about me on my Facebook I didn't like I would probably say something stronger than beat it. Them block and delete them.

He mad a blue in the heat of the moment last night it wasn't a good look but at least it shows there's a lot of passion there in our team.

I don't know much about tweeter berks but tbh if someone I didn't know that well posted something about me on my Facebook I didn't like I would probably say something stronger than beat it. Them block and delete them.

I'm assuming that Rose's continued presence on Twitter is something that is sanctioned by the club, if it's not, it should be. I don't think they would appreciate him telling fans to beat it. It's like his tweet last year about being at a bar watching scantily clad girls dancing on tables. Not a good look.

Maybe he thinks because he made the Indigenious All Stars side he is now considered a rep player. Considering there are only probably half a dozen indigenious props in the whole NRL, it's not really scaling the giddy heights of Origin or national selection is it ? He should put the same effort into bending the line as he does pushing team mates. Needs to lift his efforts, because he is the weakest link on that bench at the moment.

Just read this things from start to finish, provided a few laughs, and **** there are some drama queens after a loss

Not a good look at all, but things happen. To call a bloke useless based on that incident is a joke, he played well last night outside of that incident.

Off the field, I can only speak of my dealings with him, met him a few times, and the most recent last year at the Gold Coast, where he was outstanding and more than happy to spend 10mins chatting and having a laugh with a nobody like me. Was certainly zero signs of any ego there

Masked Eagle said:
I seriously think we are making a mountain out of a molehill with this. (Funny how that can happen on a forum!). As I said earlier we want George to be aggressive, its not something you can just turn off and on like a switch.

I'm sure he wishes he didn't do it, but I'm guessing he's still more upset he dropped the ball. Lets not try and over anlayse something that happened in the heat of the moment, especially when we don't know what was said during or after. I'm backing its already water under the bridge and I'd suggest we do the same.

exactly

Those who say it ISN'T a big deal, are wrong. If your 5/8 or your HB can't chirp in a team, the team goes nowhere! If DCE can't give encouragement to his forwards, to get them up for a set of defense, who can?

As I said before, any c**t can cart a ball up, not everyone can play 5/8 or HB! Forwards like G.Rose are a dime a dozen.

Let me put it this way.. If a player of the calibre of Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyons, Steve Menzies or Geoff Toovey, came up to G.Rose to give him encouragement, would he have pushed them? I'm guessing.. NO!

He's got an attitude problem, and it should NEVER be excused. Zorba's absolutely right this morning, and I hope he gets to the bottom of it.

tweet this morning

gorgeousgrose george rose
For anybody wondering? Yes I still love my boy DCE and he got love for me. No on field blow up is gonna change that We always mates #gomanly

Matas wat is with your gay man love for DCE?? Didnt u start a pathetic thread on how awesome he is just after a game he kicked out on the full not once but twice. Im starting to cringe everytime he gets the ball on the last tackle. I know he is a rookie and dont get me wrong i want to see him become an awesome halfback for us, but **** open your eyes he is ****.

Mata has his ways mate

I think rose has worked his way into the pole position to fill the spot Mata had in his book that Lowe used to fill

Rough effnic. The kid is already better than Ox.

And I agree with George on the twitter thing. Nuffies from the crowd have no place telling players their worthless opinions. We can discuss it amongst ourselves but keep the players out of it FFS.
As Cambo said, if it was me, it would've been a lot stronger than beat it. I would've unleashed at you, Berk.

Jatz Crackers said:
Des wont drop Rose. He didnt when Choc berated Orford onfield a couple of years ago. It will be addressed though. You cant have dissent between team mates during a game. Like cancer it can spread through a team so Des wont let that happen.

Since when is cancer contageous? :rolleyes:

P.S My two cents

When you're the fattest player in the NRL and really, the weakest link on our bench, you need to be better than that. Push the ****en opposition not your halfback. Yes everyone is right. B E probably shouldn't have tweeted at george but that reply is even worse form than shoving a team mate. Even if you love the bloke surely you can see that his attitude is off. Lose 10 kegs and wake up to yourself ffs.

Only saw it on the highlights reel today.Not a good look,mainly to opposition teams,who may think they've got us rattled.Would prefer he takes his aggression out on the "thurston grub" and smack him in the mouth!Might get a week,but that'd be "priceless"!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Zorba was not happy and will personally seek an explanation and said it WONT happen again

Des has said its already sorted. Zorba doesn't need to stick his nose into it. Unless of course he wants to take George out for lunch to discuss it? Bags not picking up the bill on that one!

Fonz said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Des wont drop Rose. He didnt when Choc berated Orford onfield a couple of years ago. It will be addressed though. You cant have dissent between team mates during a game. Like cancer it can spread through a team so Des wont let that happen.

Since when is cancer contageous? :rolleyes:

P.S My two cents

When you're the fattest player in the NRL and really, the weakest link on our bench, you need to be better than that. Push the ****en opposition not your halfback. Yes everyone is right. B E probably shouldn't have tweeted at george but that reply is even worse form than shoving a team mate. Even if you love the bloke surely you can see that his attitude is off. Lose 10 kegs and wake up to yourself ffs.

Mate have u seen his stats from last night he made more meters than king and kite

More meters than every prop on the field bar Ashton sims, that includes matt scott as well

Always amuses me the crap about how he is too fat for 1st grade etc. He was big when he was carving it up a couple of years ago too. Just means there is more of him to stop, which although people won't like to admit it, 11 hit ups for 101m shows

The stuff about rose offering nothing off the bench is laughable

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2