Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

The reality of tonight's game is that we will have very little influence on the result, it will be Ben Cummins & Gavin Reynolds who decide the game.

Jethro said:
master blaster said:
and watch for the grub maria Hargreaves and his niggling tactics,and I really hope skivvy puts a good hard lehal hit on that other grub baloney

is that supposed to be legal or lethal? Anyway, I agree with you but I would prefer it if it was legal.

meh - lethal works too. ;)

Think they are just that: Rumours. No point in risking Brett's Hammy in these sludgy conditions.

What about this as a shock tactic ? This assumes No Foran, no Snake :

Lyon to fullback !, he has the speed. Hiku to centre, G Stewart to 5/8, J Buhrer to Lock, start match. ;)
The Roosters would be certainly be confused by it, trouble is i think our boys would be as well.

Mark Geyer made a bold claim Manly would likely be 0 - 4 to start our first four games of the season with the injuries to our key players.

Underestimating Manly's fighting spirit and class is a mistake. I'm so proud of how we have managed to win two of our first three games, with players like Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Kieran Foran, Tom Symonds & others missing at various stages.

There would be nothing I'd like more than a Manly win tonight. I'm going to sit and watch the maroon and whites, have a quiet beer, and probably shed a tear.

Reading about, and watching this team this month, with the death's of my brother on a motorbike, and Dad of cancer very soon (within a few days) has been a Godsend - an escape (hence the tear).

Thank you Sea Eagles family. You provide me with much more than entertainment. You make my life much more beneficial for being in it. Go you Eagles.....

Do it for my brother and father !! eagles by lots :)

Ummm, if Stewart is back than Hiku goes straight to 5?8, leaving Lyon where he belongs

Ryan said:
Mark Geyer made a bold claim Manly would likely be 0 - 4 to start our first four games of the season with the injuries to our key players.

Underestimating Manly's fighting spirit and class is a mistake. I'm so proud of how we have managed to win two of our first three games, with players like Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Kieran Foran, Tom Symonds & others missing at various stages.

There would be nothing I'd like more than a Manly win tonight. I'm going to sit and watch the maroon and whites, have a quiet beer, and probably shed a tear.

Reading about, and watching this team this month, with the death's of my brother on a motorbike, and Dad of cancer very soon (within a few days) has been a Godsend - an escape (hence the tear).

Thank you Sea Eagles family. You provide me with much more than entertainment. You make my life much more beneficial for being in it. Go you Eagles.....

Chin up mate! Laugh, drink and be happy. Enjoy the distraction, if only for 80 mins. So sorry for your loss Ryan. Be strong for your loved ones!

Ryan said:

I'll be toasting you and your loved ones tonight at full time whilst singing Eagle Rock after a famous victory.

Jethro said:
master blaster said:
and watch for the grub maria Hargreaves and his niggling tactics,and I really hope skivvy puts a good hard lehal hit on that other grub baloney

is that supposed to be legal or lethal? Anyway, I agree with you but I would prefer it if it was legal.
oops sorry Jethro,my bad,well I only just got up to get ready for work,lol

Normie said:
Sorry to hear about your brother & father @Ryan - my thoughts are with you during this tough time

Ditto this from me too @Ryan. I hope that the boys win it for your brother and father by lots too.

Ryan said:

sorry to hear that Ryan,that is sad news

Thanks heaps guys. Means a lot. Can I just say though, despite the result, win or lose, I'm good. The reason for that, is I know 1 through 25, these guys pour their hearts and soul into the result for themselves, and for us.

Out of every club in the league, and I'm not being bias, this is the peoples club. Think about it. What other team embraces the "us vs. everyone else" mentality? What other team has guys like Choc, Beaver, King, Matai and many others doing everything in their power, including pay cuts to remain?

Why? Culture and community is why. Mate-ship. That's what I love most about our club, something I never felt as a Bears supporter.

That's why we have been, are, and will be so successful, and why players choose this destination to play at and for over others.

But again, thanks for your thoughts. Hatin those Chooks. Beat em down Manly ! I'm being sappy and soft, so I'll exit right here. Third Stella down. Thanks guys.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2