Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

Hodges has been going well in the lower grades, so would be interesting to see him in at NRL level should Foz not play.

I hope that Killer goes back to center as too many plays were lost due to the shift last week:cool:

Stevo said:
RiverEagle said:
I actually like the look of Stevo's team list there, tho I don't think Tooves will be that adventurous, and I'm not familiar at all with Hodges.

If he's nippy and creative from dummy-half , cool! He's just what we need to contrast Matty Ballin and get in behind those Chook big boppers when they tire.

Also hope the refs' do police the play the ball...JWH doesn't even try to use his foot...tunnel-ball!

Yeah, our boys do need to face up straight playing the ball too...lol.

It's an absolute joke King dog is missing this, at least no SBW for them.

Go MANLY.

To me that's not that adventurous. G. Stewart would be the only player out of position but he would still be playing in a fairly familiar role. The experiment would be with Jayden Hodges. Although, he is a hooker/utility and he has FG experience and big wraps too.

If Foran isn't right then i'd expect Tooves will stick with the formula that failed last week. That's what he does and he learned it from Des. Who Knows, maybe Satini is a prodigy and will have a blinder.

In saying that, if Foran doesn't play, to beat the Roosters the whole team will have to have blinders. There can't be any passengers.

I would be very surprised Stevo if Lyon is not much better for the run at 5/8 last Sunday. Don't forget it was a last minute reshuffle that saw Lyon move in (was still wearing his no. 3 jersey). He's a class act & will have had time to fine tune his running lines, passing etc during the week.

That's a good point Mals...Killer and the crew would've had a few extra days to adjust and work on the structures.

Also agree that Tooves will probably stick to last week's team, apart from King. I just hope the boys lift mentally from the Eels game, and I'm sure they will.

Something wrong if we can't fire up for this!

I'm sure that's all true mate but the problem wasn't Lyon playing 5/8.

The problem was Lyon NOT playing at right Centre.

We were creamed over on that edge. If Parra can expose it that easily imagine what the Roosters will do to it.

HappilyManly said:
Hodges has been going well in the lower grades, so would be interesting to see him in at NRL level should Foz not play.

I hope that Killer goes back to center as too many plays were lost due to the shift last week:cool:

Hodges is a hooker ??

I do agree with Stevo, overall...prefer Lyon in the centres against the Chooks.

I made the point elsewhere the Eels made easy metres on our edges... the Chooks would've made a note of it.

Lyon MUST stay in the centres vs Roosters. Wolfie suffered tremendously without him out there. If Lyon plays out wide this week, Wolfie will score a double!! You heard it here first :)

Eagle Rock said:
HappilyManly said:

Hodges is a hooker ??

Yes

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mozgrame said:
If Lyon plays out wide this week, Wolfie will score a double!! You heard it here first :)

No - you heard it here first!!
SeaEagleRock8 said:
2 tries for Wolf on Friday (providing Lyon is back at right centre)

(from the Real Wolf thread!)

:D:D:D
Hahaha!! I never read that. Great minds, hopefully! :D and I'll up it to a hat trick.

No pressure Wolf!

Yes, that's true but I don;t see the same outcome. Feeling pretty pessimistic about this one.

RiverEagle said:
That's a good point Mals...Killer and the crew would've had a few extra days to adjust and work on the structures.

Also agree that Tooves will probably stick to last week's team, apart from King. I just hope the boys lift mentally from the Eels game, and I'm sure they will.

Something wrong if we can't fire up for this!

You dont get 'A few extra days' between a Sunday and Friday night game. Infact i dont think they will be doing alot during the week, seen as its a short turnaround and the fact it will most prob be a really physical game against a physical forward pack id say Donne would be dropping their training load this week by half and might only have 1 maybe 2 short field sessions before Friday.

If Foran doesnt play and Lyon moves to 5/8 again i get the feeling we may be beaten pretty convincingly, which isnt really a bad thing this early in the season. I could be wrong we do have a really tough team but thats just what i think.

Anyone seen Littlejohn play? Maybe Tooves might look at promoting him (if he's not still injured) to play at 5/8 so Lyon can stay at centre.

If Lyon does indeed play 5/8 again, the team would certainly have more time to prepare than just making the switch on game-day, was my point.

I still hope he shifts back to the centres but whatever team runs out I know will have a crack.

Im excited about this game, with our injuries we are not expected to win and if the Roosters play their best footy we probably wont but if the Roosters are a little bit off their game i can see a back against the wall win from the mighty Eagles.

master blaster said:
and watch for the grub maria Hargreaves and his niggling tactics,and I really hope skivvy puts a good hard lehal hit on that other grub baloney

I really think Gifty could have a blinder tonight. He has been in the press all week and am sure playing well tonight would make a big statement. C'mon you mighty Eagles….

master blaster said:
and watch for the grub maria Hargreaves and his niggling tactics,and I really hope skivvy puts a good hard lehal hit on that other grub baloney

is that supposed to be legal or lethal? Anyway, I agree with you but I would prefer it if it was legal.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2