Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

How the **** do other teams make it through the year with little to no injuries but we always seem to have 2-3 out?

Stevo said:
How the ... do other teams make it through the year with little to no injuries but we always seem to have 2-3 out?

No teams are immune

I gotta disagree with moving Gift to 5/8.
After watching the game on Sunday i thought killer played alright but he looked a lil rusty playing playmaker in the sweep plays, i believe his best position is centre.
I also think that moving him or gift from their positions into 5/8 would then weaken 2 positions in D rather than just one(unless your moving a fullback), i would leave Killer and Gift and bring in a recognized playmaker from reggies or Toyota Cup.

Reading today Wolf-person wants the roosters to target him this Friday night.
Good to see Wolfy taking it on, given the fallout of the '13 GF.

NFN2IT said:
After watching the game on Sunday i thought killer played alright but he looked a lil rusty playing playmaker in the sweep plays, i believe his best position is centre.
I also think that moving him or gift from their positions into 5/8 would then weaken 2 positions in D rather than just one(unless your moving a fullback), i would leave Killer and Gift and bring in a recognized playmaker from reggies or Toyota Cup.

Who would you suggest?

I gotta admire Tooves for trying to create as little disruption as possible when it comes to players missing with injury. However, i'm not a fan of weakening one position to strengthen another. At this stage, moving Jamie Lyon is a massive mistake and playing him on the opposite side of the field is plain stoopid.

Play wingers on the wing, centres at centre and halves in the halves.

Half a back line and half a forwrad pack.

This is gonna be real backs against the wall vintage Manly.

Looks like it's going to be a good game.

If Jamie Lyon played on the right last week we win easy. DCE is an Australian and Origin player now. Let him call the shots and let someone else play 2nd fiddle.

Masada Iosefa is playing halfback in the NSW cup side. He's not an ideal replacement but at least he's got 50 odd games of NRL experience under his belt.

I see Liam Foran is listed as 14 for Wenty this week. Would have been handy to keep if we weren't going in another direction.

Will be interesting to see how tv adjusts after watching last weeks game. We got smashed on our right side big time....so the satini / wolf / hiku combination does not work defensively. I like the suggestion of Glenn at 5/8....Jamie back at right centre....and bring JSL into the starting line up. Gift is a ntural ball player anyway and will also tighten that defence around the rucks. JSL has played really strong last few games and had a beauty in reserves last week against some big parra boppas. This would certainly beef up our forwards and plug those massive holes we saw in the backline last week.

Satini is a very good prospect but for anyone who watched the game last week clearly not up to NRL fitness and tackling....just yet.

Wolf....definitely put him up against tupou. Everyone dserves a shot at redemption and I dont think the wolfman will let this opportunity slip by.

1. Hiku
2. Blair
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. G.Stewart
7. Dce
8. Starling
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Lui
16. Hasson
17. JSL

Ralphie said:
NFN2IT said:

Who would you suggest?

A recognized 7 or 6 in reggies or 20s... not a centre or a lock forward.
Masada is a hooker thrown into the halves so i dont know about him. Im not sure who we have in the reggies that plays in the halves but atleast is used to playing in that position not only in attack but more importantly in D, Cherry would assume the dominant playmaker anyway and can slot in as 1st/2nd receiver on the sweep and have the temp player straightening our attack... nothing fancy needed

I actually like the look of Stevo's team list there, tho I don't think Tooves will be that adventurous, and I'm not familiar at all with Hodges.

If he's nippy and creative from dummy-half , cool! He's just what we need to contrast Matty Ballin and get in behind those Chook big boppers when they tire.

Also hope the refs' do police the play the ball...JWH doesn't even try to use his foot...tunnel-ball!

Yeah, our boys do need to face up straight playing the ball too...lol.

It's an absolute joke King dog is missing this, at least no SBW for them.

Go MANLY.

RiverEagle said:
I actually like the look of Stevo's team list there, tho I don't think Tooves will be that adventurous, and I'm not familiar at all with Hodges.
Go MANLY.

After seeing Buhrers step against the bunnies, trusting his ruck defence and give DCE playmaker role, the team I'd play:

1. Hiku
2. Blair
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Buhrer
7. Dce
8. Starling
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. G.Stewart

14. Symonds / Jake T / Hodges: in that order of preference
15. Lui
16. Hasson
17. JSL

NFN2IT said:
Ralphie said:
NFN2IT said:

Who would you suggest?

A recognized 7 or 6 in reggies or 20s... not a centre or a lock forward.
Masada is a hooker thrown into the halves so i dont know about him. Im not sure who we have in the reggies that plays in the halves but atleast is used to playing in that position not only in attack but more importantly in D, Cherry would assume the dominant playmaker anyway and can slot in as 1st/2nd receiver on the sweep and have the temp player straightening our attack... nothing fancy needed

The Recruitement at Manly need to find some talented halves as there are none in the lower grades but we have plenty of hookers everywhere !

RiverEagle said:

If he's nippy and creative from dummy-half , cool! He's just what we need to contrast Matty Ballin and get in behind those Chook big boppers when they tire.

Also hope the refs' do police the play the ball...JWH doesn't even try to use his foot...tunnel-ball!

Yeah, our boys do need to face up straight playing the ball too...lol.

It's an absolute joke King dog is missing this, at least no SBW for them.

Go MANLY.

To me that's not that adventurous. G. Stewart would be the only player out of position but he would still be playing in a fairly familiar role. The experiment would be with Jayden Hodges. Although, he is a hooker/utility and he has FG experience and big wraps too.

If Foran isn't right then i'd expect Tooves will stick with the formula that failed last week. That's what he does and he learned it from Des. Who Knows, maybe Satini is a prodigy and will have a blinder.

In saying that, if Foran doesn't play, to beat the Roosters the whole team will have to have blinders. There can't be any passengers.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2