Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Kieran Foran had his calf iced at @manlyseaeagles media opp today. Very unlikely to play @sydneyroosters on Friday night #NRL #NRLsydman

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has been forced to make changes to his side ahead of Friday night’s grand final replay against the Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

The Sea Eagles will be without Jason King after the veteran front-rower was charged with a grade one shoulder charge in his side’s last-minute victory over Parramatta.

Jesse Sene-Lefao comes onto the bench in replace of King, with Tony Satini on stand-by in jersey No.18.

Kieran Foran will return to the starting line up after missing last week’s match with a calf injury sustained in round two.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS v MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES

Round 4 - 2014 NRL Premiership

Friday 28th March, 2014 – Allianz Stadium

NRL Kick-Off 7:45pm

Follow @manlyseaeagles for live updates - Join the conversation #gomanly

Sea Eagles team list round three

1. Peta Hiku

2. Cheyse Blair

3. Jamie Lyon (c)

4. Steve Matai

5. David Williams

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Starling

9. Matt Ballin

10. Brenton Lawrence

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Justin Horo

13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14. James Hasson

15. Dunamis Lui

16. Jamie Buhrer

17. Jesse Sene-Lefao

18. Tony Satini

We drew against the Storm at a similar round last year, by making over 430 tackles - a record. Its going to take something like that.

I believe that Manly can win this, but Kitey/Foz/Snake/Taufua missing will not make it a rematch.

Kingy missing out is ridiculous :dodgy:

Apparently the Refs issued an edict on play the balls this week. So Hass and Starlo better align themselves north-south :idea:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Kieran Foran had his calf iced at @manlyseaeagles media opp today. Very unlikely to play @sydneyroosters on Friday night #NRL #NRLsydman

Kieran Foran will return to the starting line up after missing last week’s match with a calf injury sustained in round two.

Uhhhhhhh :huh::huh::huh:is it a smokescreen gone wrong. Is 2V playing mind games. Is the media reporting just grossly incompetent.

This should be a good game and give us more of an indication as to how we're travelling. At this (or any) time of the year, I'd love a win, but I'll be just as happy with a loss as long as our forwards can at least match it with theirs. If that happens it will really give us a great amount of confidence for the rest of the year.

So i guess T Red is still out despite reports he could be back this week.

I hope foz is clear to play, we will need him defensively on that left side.

Im afraid if foz is out, its going to be a long friday night.

Fox is out, according to the NRL website.
T-Red played reserves last week and obviously hasn't been selected.
I hope we put Blair on Toupo to try to match his leap.

The safest bet this weekend is we will lose the penalty count and get a few bad decisions against us

This week it's back against the wall stuff and I cannot wait for Friday to head out to see us prove the doubters wrong

Bay 38 is going to be rocking!!

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sam Moa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Frank Paul Nuuausala
14. Daniel Mortimer 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Dylan Napa 17. Kane Evans 18. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

Referees: Ben Cummins, Gavin Reynolds; Sideline Officials: Chris James, Jason Walsh; Video Referees: Steve Clark, Luke Patten;

At least no Shame Jayne on the whistle.

We really need a fit Foz...game on if he plays.

Hell, game on whoever runs out for us!

We'll be underdogs just how we prefer.

Man up MANLY!!!

This game to me is an opportunity to win a game where we are behind the 8 ball in relation to having 2 days less to prepare and half our backline likely to be out.

After watching the game on Sunday our whole attack was very disjointed. I would like to see Gifty at 5/8 rather than Killer as our right side attack is one of our strengths.

It will be a monumental performance to win this game and I think the team will do it!!

sheridanstand78 said:
This game to me is an opportunity to win a game where we are behind the 8 ball in relation to having 2 days less to prepare and half our backline likely to be out.

After watching the game on Sunday our whole attack was very disjointed. I would like to see Gifty at 5/8 rather than Killer as our right side attack is one of our strengths.

It will be a monumental performance to win this game and I think the team will do it!!

I agree, killer did ok at 6 but it left holes out wide. Buhrer or Jesse to the pack, gift to 6.

Possible storms Friday. Cover the Chooks in mud, that will put them off their game when they can no longer admire their own tattoos.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2