Roosters reward for developing players proposal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If it had to be all local juniors or players who came in ball or Flegg, manly would look pretty good.

Dce, Foran, 3 turbos, ramien, verrills, garner, schuster, knight, jwh, koula, Parker, weekes, haumole, the Fainus, cust, hynes …

HOWEVER the player won’t have that, so he goes out and deliberately gets charged with an offence so he can be stood down under the NRL’s no fault stand down policy, therefore not making his debut for the old club…

BUT THEN the new club doesn’t want to take him because he has been charged with a violent offence…

Meanwhile Ròosters lobby the Nrl to lower the age of 1st grade qualification to 13 years and 6 months ...

How about a rule where the coach has to have played for the club? We would only be able to have des or Cleary from the current batch.

Barrett would not have been allowed near manly or dogs. Cleary not allowed to go to Penrith.

Ramy Haidar. Must admit, not on my radar and now certainly under the radar as far as Des is concerned.;)

I mean I would never have imagined that the post-Superleague Roosters (with the likes of Gyngell and Bouris on board) would ever have tried to game the system, to benefit themselves.

Last edited:
Wow, laughable that the Roosters of all teams are on their high horse about this.

The metrics have been massaged to benefit the Roosters by basing it on which NRL club the player debuts for as opposed to their junior club.

Suaalii & Walker classified as Roosters rookies? LOL!
^^^ This , 150% this !!

Buying the very best juniors , then debuting them , then getting a salary cap exemption.

**** me I’ve heard it all!!

"The paper has received positive feedback from clubland"

I dare say the positive feedback came from Roosters and Storm.

IMO a debutant player should had to have spent at least 5 years in the clubs junior system to be eligible.

Otherwise this scheme basically rewards a club like the Chooks who buy a talented and already mostly developed 17 or 18 year old (e.g. Sam Walker, Joseph Suaalii) and then put them in first grade by the time they hit 18 or 19. That's not developing those players themselves in their junior system. That's profiting off of the work other clubs have done.

Interesting to note that the main ones online (social media) I have seen defending this proposed new scheme? Chooks fans.....

I do admire the Chooks, they have developed some top players in recent years. Sonny Bill, Angus Crichton, Cooper Cronk, Maloney, Tedesco, Jennings, the list goes on.

I hear they are keen to develop Payne Haas too. That sort of commitment to youth should be rewarded. It's only fair!
you forgot the famous roosters twin juniors- the morris boys

Last edited:
The only salary cap reward can be a proportiant discount relevant to when the player was introduced to the Club. Key entry levels are, Matthews Cup, SG Ball and Flegg as the discounts. Exemptions would be is, if a player who entered the system at Flegg level but had played junior footy from either U16's or U18's in the Club's district would receive the same discount as Matts & Ball. Why not reward reward Clubs with discounts as high as 30% for a player starting off with Matts, 20% from Ball and say 15% from Flegg.
Maybe this is what a Club like Wests Tigers needs as this would give them more cap $$$ to purchase a marquis player to bring it all together.
While we are at it, some of this Cap money should go back to players junior Club. ie Wests signed up Feledy from Manly's Ball Cup side. Wests could earn a cap discount as Feledy will attract a discount as he came through their Flegg team but Manly should earn a Cap discount as a "payment" or "reward" for developing him for the past 4 years, possibly the balance of the original max level of 30% which would be 15% of his future contracts.

You may think I haven't thought this through and you may be correct.

The chooks raid other clubs juniors, yes
But this policy is open for all clubs that wish to invest in the structure that allows it. I hate salary rorting but in this situation, it seems the playing field is even , they just do it better. Listening to robinson on 360 the other day was great and his concept was considering the playmaking talent that they have and will need to upgrade like walker, developing forwards from within is on the menu

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10