Roosters reward for developing players proposal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just means Uncle Nick might have to start playing Mini Golf and sign kids up at aged 10, not really going to effect his bank balance.
Aren't there laws these days that prevent old men playing mini golf with 10 year olds who are not their own children?

If there isn't there should be

The chooks raid other clubs juniors, yes
But this policy is open for all clubs that wish to invest in the structure that allows it. I hate salary rorting but in this situation, it seems the playing field is even , they just do it better. Listening to robinson on 360 the other day was great and his concept was considering the playmaking talent that they have and will need to upgrade like walker, developing forwards from within is on the menu

Yes its open to all clubs, but its those like the Chooks who put very little money into their juniors aged 5-15, but then go and spend big to buy the most talented and already well developed juniors from other clubs. Then we get the "look how many local juniors the Chooks debut in first grade" crap when most of those so-called local juniors have only been in their junior system for 1-2 years.

And now the NRL wants to reward for that??

This is why I think to be eligible for the money in this scheme, a debuting player should have had to have spent at least the previous 5 years in that clubs junior system (and I mean juniors. Not NSW or Qld Cup). That would stop a club like the Chooks buying a 17 year old Sam Walker or Joseph Suaalii, then debuting them at 18 while claiming local junior.

Obviously we aren't aware of what the Suaalii deal was but it was big news at the time that the Roosters took him from Souths.

I'm very interested in knowing exactly what the Roosters offered him - was it a promise of a huge amount in future as there is a limit to how much a player can he paid while he plays in the lower grades?

It was obviously something pretty good to entice him from Souths as I'm sure they would have tried their best to compete with the Roosters.

My point being, is there any salary cap & auditing of the lower grades or is it open slather?

Wasn't there talk that Latrell Mitchell's brother was being paid $130k a few years ago to play in Easts lower grades?

Obviously we aren't aware of what the Suaalii deal was but it was big news at the time that the Roosters took him from Souths.

I'm very interested in knowing exactly what the Roosters offered him - was it a promise of a huge amount in future as there is a limit to how much a player can he paid while he plays in the lower grades?

It was obviously something pretty good to entice him from Souths as I'm sure they would have tried their best to compete with the Roosters.

My point being, is there any salary cap & auditing of the lower grades or is it open slather?

Wasn't there talk that Latrell Mitchell's brother was being paid $130k a few years ago to play in Easts lower grades?

There is a cap on the NRL playing squads. There is even a cap on NRL clubs coaching staff.

But I'll be stuffed if I know if the NRL impose a junior cap to stop clubs buying talented juniors from each other or other places. I suspect that which is usually out of the public eye is more open slather than strictly policed as far as payments go.

Joseph Suaalii was actually a Penrith junior (Glenmore Park Brumbies) before he became a Souths junior at the age of 12 when he started playing for the Coogee Wombats.

Yes its open to all clubs, but its those like the Chooks who put very little money into their juniors aged 5-15, but then go and spend big to buy the most talented and already well developed juniors from other clubs. Then we get the "look how many local juniors the Chooks debut in first grade" crap when most of those so-called local juniors have only been in their junior system for 1-2 years.

And now the NRL wants to reward for that??

This is why I think to be eligible for the money in this scheme, a debuting player should have had to have spent at least the previous 5 years in that clubs junior system (and I mean juniors. Not NSW or Qld Cup). That would stop a club like the Chooks buying a 17 year old Sam Walker or Joseph Suaalii, then debuting them at 18 while claiming local juni
you make so excellent points and no doubt it would need a tweek or 50,

i would like one figure for all, but thats not the case now anyway. i said in a previous post it must be funded by the nrl

but other realities
something that needs to also be considered is junior nurseries, that is an unfair advantage also. when the broncos are firing the noise about there junior areas is pretty loud also

if the comp is top be long term and the chooks are part of the long term vision and they are too powerful to allow a CEO to think anything else, then its something to consider. the demographic in the eastern suburbs isnt really suited to NRL, with the swannies, the reds, the polo and a league chipping away in traditional heartlands

moving forward i think these are sensible conversations the NRL needs to consider, rubber stamping them needs to be transparent and funded, but i doubt it will go ahead

It's one thing to incentivise young talent being brought into first grade, but the flip side is the journeymen and honest toilers who will be disadvantaged and on the scrap heap by 23 years old it seems.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10