Robinson press conferance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate with all due respect I wouldn't be questioning the loyalty or trueness of Mark's support. A more loyal supporter of Manly you wouldn't ever meet.[/QUO
The true supporter debate has been fought and we don't subscribe to that idea on Silvertails
The true supporter debate has been fought and we don't subscribe to that idea on
The true supporter debate has been fought and we don't subscribe to that idea on Silvertails
sorry a negative supporter.the start of a season you should always be behind your team no matter what. And this year more than ever .

sorry a negative supporter.the start of a season you should always be behind your team no matter what. And this year more than ever .
Support and being a fan comes in many forms, the world is full of varied people, pessimists, optimists, realists and the NRL governing body.

Just because one has a negative view of things, it does not mean they aren't a fan, less of a fan or in anyway inferior.

We welcome all sorts here that dynamic is what makes the world interesting. It would be a rather boring place if we all trudged through life in exactly the same way with exactly the same views.

It's like those people that say you aren't a fan if you don't go to games, does that make me not a fan? Because I can't afford the weekly flights from Europe to Australia?

My view is that at the end of the day all of us care about the result, we just have differing views on how we get there, if we didn't care none of us would be posting here.

Better not to be caught up on whether someone is positive or negative, it really isn't the point, discuss the topic on its merits not on the person debating, else we will end up in the American state of debate where we just throw out as much information as possible as fast as possible rather than debating the topic

Support and being a fan comes in many forms, the world is full of varied people, pessimists, optimists, realists and the NRL governing body.

Just because one has a negative view of things, it does not mean they aren't a fan, less of a fan or in anyway inferior.

We welcome all sorts here that dynamic is what makes the world interesting. It would be a rather boring place if we all trudged through life in exactly the same way with exactly the same views.

It's like those people that say you aren't a fan if you don't go to games, does that make me not a fan? Because I can't afford the weekly flights from Europe to Australia?

My view is that at the end of the day all of us care about the result, we just have differing views on how we get there, if we didn't care none of us would be posting here.

Better not to be caught up on whether someone is positive or negative, it really isn't the point, discuss the topic on its merits not on the person debating, else we will end up in the American state of debate where we just throw out as much information as possible as fast as possible rather than debating the topic
Gee whiz mate you sound like my wife , it's not about you.

And we have an ordinary coach with a great roster. The Roosters were missing their halfback and their two best forwards. Manly should have won that game by 20+ instead of relying on the chooks to miss every conversion for us to win.

Ordinary coach. It's a bit early for that call perhaps you could get behind him for a change instead of white anting him every opportunity you get !

Ordinary coach. It's a bit early for that call perhaps you could get behind him for a change instead of white anting him every opportunity you get !
I didn't white ant him. I tipped Manly and thought they would win well. Did you see the Chooks spine? 3 rookies and Friend. Manly had 3 internationals and Parcell, yet we were still out scored in the try department. The chooks lack of a goal-kicker is the only reason we won. They played crap so I citicised him.
I said before the season started I thought Manly would make top 4.
I now think they will struggle to make the 8. The only white anting was done by management last year.

I didn't white ant him. I tipped Manly and thought they would win well. Did you see the Chooks spine? 3 rookies and Friend. Manly had 3 internationals and Parcell, yet we were still out scored in the try department. The chooks lack of a goal-kicker is the only reason we won. They played crap so I citicised him.
I now think they will struggle to make the 8. The only white anting was done by management last year.

We were always going to struggle with 4 of our best from last week missing + two more injuries in the game. Couple that with short turn around. Hardly a coaching issue.

The most important thing I am waiting to hear about....is the FINE that Robinson gets for his outburst.
The refs bosses have since claimed it was the right call, so the allegations are fairly poor from the Roosters coach who sprayed the refs, the bunker & anything else he could blurt out as he kicked & screamed like a baby dropping its dummy.
Forget these player suspensions being headliners....what about a bitchy coach who brings the game into disrepute?
Heard very little about it...would think after it was proven the coach run off at the mouth without reason & in fact, got it wrong....they would absolutely haul him over the coals...or maybe not.... again, depends on the team involved.

The most important thing I am waiting to hear about....is the FINE that Robinson gets for his outburst.
The refs bosses have since claimed it was the right call, so the allegations are fairly poor from the Roosters coach who sprayed the refs, the bunker & anything else he could blurt out as he kicked & screamed like a baby dropping its dummy.
Forget these player suspensions being headliners....what about a bitchy coach who brings the game into disrepute?
Heard very little about it...would think after it was proven the coach run off at the mouth without reason & in fact, got it wrong....they would absolutely haul him over the coals...or maybe not.... again, depends on the team involved.
12717602_538584909635803_2470422021165297973_n.jpg

I believe as a famous person called Tooves used to say. That last penalty was a square up for the missed forward pass in the rorters previous try.
Funny how Robinson did not mention they were very lucky on that call.
Maybe because it was passed back and bounced forward. It's was ok IMO

Do you mean Bartlett? I have been guilty of white anting but I think he did well to rest matai and tred, & snuck the 2 points off the roosters.

I'm trying the @mickqld approach in 2016, when they win I feel so much better, if they lose I don't feel so bad!!
We all loved @mickqld tongue-in-cheek negative predictions because they were regularly followed by Manly wins. He's got a wonderful, wonderful superstition track record. The rabbit's foot award.

Now you switched from your usual positive self and tried his technique - and from round 1 last year you predicted doom. Yes?

I must've forgotten that Manly always played at their full potential every week under Hasler and Toovey.

It is far too premature to be calling Barrett an ordinary coach after 4 rounds.

Ah the old " true supporter" angle.

For the record , and if reading my posts these last 12 months I haven't exactly been happy about what's gone on.

My " enthusiasm " has somewhat been diminished by all that so if I choose to be negative then so be it.

But never, ever, suggest I'm not a " true" supporter, that my friend for those that know me is quite an insult.

Pffft. You are so far from negative, it isn't funny. Your one of themost positive blokes on these boards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8