Pushing for the 8 in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not make the 8 yeah everyone needs to get a grip.
Out of sides who made 8 i see them all keeping there spot bar broncos no halfback. I say roosters, sharks, cowboys up top rounding with dragons, eagles, storm, eels, panthers.
Dogs will be big improvers.
We got imo 2nd best 7 in comp, Tommy and jake, walker, marty all blue chip.

Not make the 8 yeah everyone needs to get a grip.
Out of sides who made 8 i see them all keeping there spot bar broncos no halfback. I say roosters, sharks, cowboys up top rounding with dragons, eagles, storm, eels, panthers.
Dogs will be big improvers.
We got imo 2nd best 7 in comp, Tommy and jake, walker, marty all blue chip.
I agree completely with your top 8 and also reckon the Dogs could be the real dark horse this year.I had us finishing 7th last year and at the moment have us 6th for 2018.If some of the variables go our way like Sipley being even better than solid,Lussick/Taufua staying relatively injury free and Hastings/Hodkinson(or whoever) playing better than solidly at half,I think we could be 4th(but I am an optimist.....).As usual,a crippling injury toll and like any team we are scxxwxd.

As usual,a crippling injury toll and like any team we are scxxwxd.

We will likely start slow if Jake and Walker aren't ready, although Walker could be covered by Parker. Melbourne are an injury to Cam Smith away from finishing near the bottom of the table. What happens to the Roosters if Cronk turns into a pumpkin away from the magic of Melbourne? Sharks look the best 1-13. Eels have a big question mark with Hayne, especially if they go cold for a stretch. He'll be off to play ping pong somewhere. Dragons - don't trust the biter to stay healthy or Hunt to be the answer.

Lot of question marks across a lot of teams.

We will likely start slow if Jake and Walker aren't ready, although Walker could be covered by Parker. Melbourne are an injury to Cam Smith away from finishing near the bottom of the table. What happens to the Roosters if Cronk turns into a pumpkin away from the magic of Melbourne? Sharks look the best 1-13. Eels have a big question mark with Hayne, especially if they go cold for a stretch. He'll be off to play ping pong somewhere. Dragons - don't trust the biter to stay healthy or Hunt to be the answer.

Lot of question marks across a lot of teams.
Oh hell yeah,I am basing it on the top 17 available now,Sharks and Roosters are scarily thin,Knights and Tigers could rapidly improve,Eels could implode before or during the season,don't think Cronk would be any worse than Pearce...so many variables but if you factored them all in then you would have 16 different predictions where we come and 40 thousand different ladder predictions....

This time last year I bet on Manly making the Eight and my belief paid off. I didn't do it the year before but will again this year.
Egads! Just looked at the odds and we're only paying $1.60 to make the Eight. Not going to hold my breath for a whole season for such a tiny return!!

Oh hell yeah,I am basing it on the top 17 available now,Sharks and Roosters are scarily thin,Knights and Tigers could rapidly improve,Eels could implode before or during the season,don't think Cronk would be any worse than Pearce...so many variables but if you factored them all in then you would have 16 different predictions where we come and 40 thousand different ladder predictions....
With the consensus here that we are f**ked until we aren't at which point we never were and everyone at the club is a genius, which lasts till we lose at which point we're missing the 8 and everyone should be sacked. Rinse/repeat...

One thing i do find hard to beleive about the 8 is everyone in NRL circles having Titans as high as 5th! And Souths as high as 6th! Those 2 team have got to be bottom 4 sides,
The only reason I think they have the titans as high as 5th is because the NRL are trying to sell them off to a private consortium.. Need to boost up their product.

Last year I was very gloomy ( I’m sure you’ll remember ), even with the side we have I’m confident we will do ok next year.

BUT, like we experienced this year our ability to stay in the game or then close out a game when we are in front ( through game management) could still be an issue.

There won’t be a lack of enthusiasm, or lack of kids having a go but you have to agree the big games are won not neccesarily by shear talent moreso who the last 15-20 minutes is played.

Teams like the Rorters and the Drizzle manage that part far better than we do, at present.

It will be a push to get into the 8, we will probably have a similar year to 2017 I think.

But still need the final 30 squad to make a proper prediction.

Manly"s defence was largely improved and in better order last season and this will be again a key factor for the side"s final's aspirations next year . Admittedly two poor defensive efforts against the Dragons but in the second encounter Manly put on 22 points in some 13 minutes so hopefully the ability to score tries will again work in Manly"s favour next season . Left edge defence especially with Green and Kelly seemed to be an issue last season , so this will have to be addressed who ever is in those positions nest year

Buzz Rottenfield just tipped us in the 8.

He left out Waynes Bwisbane team.

He's an experienced half, who has played rep footy and has a good head on his shoulders. Even if he never plays a first grade game for us I'd sign him just to have him around (as long as he's cheap).
Come on. He's a dud of epic proportions. Let him languish in The Knights reserve grade (that is also saying something).

Manly would be doing them a favour taking this walking bandage.

I'd take Lamb over him tbh.

Come on. He's a dud of epic proportions. Let him languish in The Knights reserve grade (that is also saying something).

Manly would be doing them a favour taking this walking bandage.

I'd take Lamb over him tbh.

He's the only NSW Origin series winning half from the last 12 years, who scored the match winning try to win the series just to remind everyone - he kept his cool and got the job done unlike Mitchell "Hot Dog" Pearce, who dropped his lollies every time QLD turned the heat up.

And he has been playing for a s#!t team behind one of the worst forward packs ever assembled in the NRL, with a dud coach and a dud team culture (the same lead balloon side that sucked the life out of Uate). Behind our pack, in our culture, with our team spirit I think he would lift several gears. Perhaps his knees are shot, I'll leave that to the medical staff. But his talent and experience would be well worth it. We're not doing Newcastle a favour if they pay the bulk of his salary.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8