Pushing for the 8 in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Having exceeded expectation last year, my mind has somewhat automatically assumed that we will be better next year; meaning we will climb the ladder and maybe push for a top 4 spot.

But...

Looking at the recruitment of other NRL clubs:

Dragons - Ben Hunt, James Graham
Souths - New coach, Dane Gagai, a fit Greg Inglis
Titans - New coach, Latu, Rein, Arrow
Sharks - Dugan, Moylan
Penrith - James Maloney
Dogs - Foran, Woods
Roosters - Cronk, Tedesco
Knights - Pearce, Guerra, Ponga, Moga, Watson
Eels - Evans, Hayne

There are plenty of others teams that will probably be thinking 2018 holds greater fortune for them too. Something has to give when there is only 8 spots available.
It's going to be a close competition next year and we are going to have to take up a gear to improve on 2017, because a spot in that 8 is far from being a given.

It's another reason I think we are better just backing Jacko. He has been training next to DCE since pre season started. If someone else moves into the halves in the new year. They are more than behind the 8 ball at the start of next year. Lets back the kids to steer us around the park.. Invest out on an edge or old head up front.

Injuries will be our biggest threat , other then that we have a top 8 side on paper just have to put it together. We have about 6 players that will be better for the run last season , Siro , Afb , Uate Hastings , Frank , and lane should all be looking for big years .

I agree with you but recruitment for next season has not finished. Manly still have money to spend.

It's another reason I think we are better just backing Jacko. He has been training next to DCE since pre season started. If someone else moves into the halves in the new year. They are more than behind the 8 ball at the start of next year. Lets back the kids to steer us around the park.. Invest out on an edge or old head up front.
We've only been doing fitness so far at training but I take your point. I would be comfortable with giving Hastings a go...but I also think Brock Lamb would be a good signing because injury and form can hit and Hastings is the only real "serious" option for next year. Cullen is like a headless chook (it works in NSW Cup but he is not controlled enough to be a FG half) and Tom Wright is even more of a headless chook and hasn't got the defence to handle FG halves role.

If we don't find a player or 3 we really want. Let's not spend for the sake of spending. We can buy right up until 4pm June 30 2018.

Now is a silly season. But there will be others before June when we want that cash up our sleeve.

Manly has money to spend, it's a wonder when infact we will spend it. If not this year, then we bank on Hastings. And, if Hastings is successful, then the Green move would have been well timed and we will continue to improve and push for that top 4 spot. However, seeing how vital halves are, if Hastings or anyone else doesn't step up we will struggle and will battle it out for the top 8 and likely not offer much in finals until 2019, which I feel we will be really aiming for having a huge tilt at the title in if no half is notably good early next season

I think we finish around or lower than last year. All depending on Hastings and Cherry combo we could also push top 4. I think the side is a top side but there are sides above us.

1 Roosters
2 Cowboys
3 Panthers
4 Sharks
5 Storm
6 Eels
7 Broncos
8 Knights

11 Manly

My top 8 as it currently stands, Ive got us at 11. Couple of sides have gone forwards while we have gone backwards. Sure players improve and combos but a couple of loses with no gains hurts. Top 8 side but so are the others more so.

Green did control things nicely last year...his last tackle options were first class. We will certainly miss that...however he failed to fire a shot against Penrith in that semi-final and he received a lot of ball; heaps in fact.

For all his strengths, he did have some shortcomings. It'll be interesting to see how the left edge shapes up for next year.

The Knights and maybe Roosters are the only teams who are stronger as a result of their recruitment.

But even then, Cronk will go backwards and Tedesco is rocks and diamonds. Whilst the Knights will still be polishing a turd.

As has been said, our ability to push for he top 4 will really come down to injuries.

There's no way we are top 4 on the current balance of players in/out.

If that spare cap space gets spent judiciously then we are a chance.

You forgot to mention the Warriors recruitment. Green / Blair / Hiku / Harris / Beale - that should see them stay below us on the table.

We've only been doing fitness so far at training but I take your point. I would be comfortable with giving Hastings a go...but I also think Brock Lamb would be a good signing because injury and form can hit and Hastings is the only real "serious" option for next year. Cullen is like a headless chook (it works in NSW Cup but he is not controlled enough to be a FG half) and Tom Wright is even more of a headless chook and hasn't got the defence to handle FG halves role.

Yeah in a perfect world another halfback is really nice. But if it's not top quality, then they really need to be super cheap.

I personally dont see what some do in Lamb. It's when the pressure is on that matters. He just didn't seem to want the ball, when Knights had a game on the line.

Give me a confident and very cocky Jacko everyday. I think he only finds top gear when it matters;-). He was Iceman for the Roosters back end of 15.

850 k isn't going to go far at all.

Before we released Green the wish list was topped by an experienced backrowerer. A forward leader in similar demand. A cheap but experienced old prop not out of the equation. Another creative spark and speed out wide not unwanted.

But dam good game managers are getting harder and harder to find.

If we cant replace Green. Let's not waste cap space pretending.

I really thought James Graham was a great fit, a damaging forward and born leader.

And if not him a Joel Thompson, an experienced edge forward.

Sadly both boats have sailed.

I’d semi agree re another even limited experience 6, ie Brock Lamb.

Not sure we are done yet!

Semi radradra one or two year deal. Hell if we have a lazy 800 to spend why not, it would make the 5/8s job easier.

I think we finish around or lower than last year. All depending on Hastings and Cherry combo we could also push top 4. I think the side is a top side but there are sides above us.

1 Roosters
2 Cowboys
3 Panthers
4 Sharks
5 Storm
6 Eels
7 Broncos
8 Knights

11 Manly

My top 8 as it currently stands, Ive got us at 11. Couple of sides have gone forwards while we have gone backwards. Sure players improve and combos but a couple of loses with no gains hurts. Top 8 side but so are the others more so.

I will set you turbo
What’s your play lunch Cost and I will buy you your weeks worth of that prediction is remotely close

I have roosters cowboys and panthers all MISSING the 4

Not finalised the top 8 all up yet but definatley have manly Dragons Brisbane and dogs and Newcastle

Have souffs and tigers in bottom 4

That multi is paying approx 80 to 1

I agree with @Chip and Chase that this is a building year. It will be short term pain for long term gain.

Thinking 11th - 14th.

We've basically removed our structure, and hoping a whole bunch of reserve graders step up (Hastings from a failed Blacktown the main peice).

Others include career reserve graders like Tanginoa, Sipley, Perrett & Gosweiski.

If not them, we are hoping juniors like Croker or Metcalf deliver.

I agree with @Chip and Chase that this is a building year. It will be short term pain for long term gain.

Thinking 11th - 14th.

We've basically removed our structure, and hoping a whole bunch of reserve graders step up (Hastings from a failed Blacktown the main peice).

Others include career reserve graders like Tanginoa, Sipley, Perrett & Gosweiski.

If not them, we are hoping juniors like Croker or Metcalf deliver.

May happen but it’s a big ask.

I’ll reserve judgement until the final 30 is known, it could still change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11