Pushing for the 8 in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I agree completely with your top 8 and also reckon the Dogs could be the real dark horse this year.I had us finishing 7th last year and at the moment have us 6th for 2018.If some of the variables go our way like Sipley being even better than solid,Lussick/Taufua staying relatively injury free and Hastings/Hodkinson(or whoever) playing better than solidly at half,I think we could be 4th(but I am an optimist.....).As usual,a crippling injury toll and like any team we are scxxwxd.
Dogs with sharon and foz will be good. We be okay, i do have some question marks on penrith without moylan.

The brawl of broookie 2011 is on fox right now.If we don’t aim up similar to this game we won’t be going no where.What a line up im almost in tears watching these legends.Melb had no answer.

I'll spew if we get Hodkinson, give Hasting a real crack at halfback.
The kid's got it I reckon, just have to show some faith.
I'm one wanting Hodko to join. Whether he starts or not should be decided in the off season. If Hastings turns up with this attitude of feeling like he deserves something he hasn't earnt he'd never push himself to improve so he must fight it out with hodkinson and all other options at the club

Set the bar higher guys. I agree with the reports we just aren't going to sign any scrub like Lamb or Hodko just because.

Let's get the right guy. If not, blood a rookie. What a waste of a season and good roster spot and experience giving it to a fossil (maybe not in age, but in body shape). Let a longer term option get some experience in a season we realistically aren't achieving much.

Build, build, build. Short term pain for long term pain.

Dogs with sharon and foz will be good. We be okay, i do have some question marks on penrith without moylan.
Nah,Maloney could take them to a GF,less depth this year,but a good team.....Lichaa off the leash should be a NSW player this year(I would love Api but Lichaa has a higher ceiling if allowed to show it)but a lot depends on Foz staying healthy and that is a big if....

Set the bar higher guys. I agree with the reports we just aren't going to sign any scrub like Lamb or Hodko just because.

Let's get the right guy. If not, blood a rookie. What a waste of a season and good roster spot and experience giving it to a fossil (maybe not in age, but in body shape). Let a longer term option get some experience in a season we realistically aren't achieving much.

Build, build, build. Short term pain for long term pain.
No offence Ryan but I doubt that Baz and co. are looking at this year as a year where not much will be achieved....you are worried that we will do badly this year,but if we are too inexperienced at half then we are letting ourselves down before the year has even started.Hodkinson on the cheap is at least a good backup(at the worst),if he is healthy(if...)and can help us then he is better than putting a guy not ready in there.(I say that because I don't view this a rebuilding year,if you give that impression as a coach to the players then why should they turn up this year ready to play,they can turn around and say OK I will turn up next year when we have a shot).Just to clarify,I am happier with starting Hastings and having Lamb as a backup,but reports are that Knights will not be letting him go and is not an option.

I'm one wanting Hodko to join. Whether he starts or not should be decided in the off season. If Hastings turns up with this attitude of feeling like he deserves something he hasn't earnt he'd never push himself to improve so he must fight it out with hodkinson and all other options at the club

I don't really want Trent back. There I said it lol.
But if he does come back, then Hastings will (in all probability) be released.

I seriously don't get the doom and gloom.

If we had no injuries in 2017 to Tafua and Siro we would have been top 4.

From that squad we've lost:
Myles/Lawrence - far from their best. Easily replaceable with hard running forwards. Tanginoa and Sipley come to mind.

Green - not a world beater. Passed well. Kicked well. No running game. Easily replaceable with an organising basic half. Hastings, Croker come to mind.

We have an $850k war chest for signings. That's a pretty good position to be in moving forward. Signings always turn up and Manly is in a great position to snare some quality players.

Our international players would have gained some pretty awesome experience in the world cup.
Players like Kelly, Winterstein, Siro, Perrett are now in there 2nd year at the club and will be better for it.
We have made some depth signings to cover for injury.

Just because you don't land a marquee signing doesn't mean you haven't improved as a squad. Additions to any team take time to bear fruit. This will be the case for most of the teams who have made big changes this year. More often than not it's the teams who retain the same squad (like Manly who were 2 injuries away from top 4) who show improvement.

I'll wait to till early in the season before I call out the club and it's recruitment strategy. I believe the club is in a good position moving forward.

Throw in Gorman and Baz re-signing and the club as a whole is moving in a great direction.
We just made the 8 and now without all these 'easliy' replaceable players you mention we wont make it we dont have the team or the depth i should say.. two injuries and we almost missed the 8. Now we will get Hodkinson LOLLLL you do the math.. and your wrong about lawremce he was the heart of oir team and really lifted in the earlier games when we had no marty or afb.. dont just throw him in the same boat as nate myld

This forum is a funny place

Only a few weeks ago people were into Green saying he was no good and we needed to dump him, now we are in disarray because he is gone and won’t make the 8??

You can’t have it both ways

I for one rate what Green brought to the club last year, he gave us direction and helped DCE. That said if DCE went down and we were relying on Green then I’d be worried. Hastings has the talent to step in and deliver but it’s a wait to see if that happens, either way I don’t think we are too significantly disadvantaged with Hastings and there is potential for us to come out ahead.

Also to play devil’s advocate to the OP, you can’t simply list clubs signings without their departures

Sure the Titans have signed Latu, Rein and Arrow but they have lost Hayne, Mcqueen, Roberts, Paasi, Zillman and Grevsmuhl

Likewise Roosters have Cronk and Teddy but have lost Pearce, SKD, Guerra, Evans, Carter and Watson

Bulldogs Foran and Woods but lost Graham, Reynolds and Kasiano……….Bulldogs in particular, probably fair to say on paper that Woods and Foran are better players (for 2018) but Reynolds and Graham were the heart and soul of the club…….losing them could have the same effect as when G Stewart left us
Mate hastings cant do what green did if he did then hed be in 1st grade already but it will be Hodkinson so prepare for deeper ramming

Watching plenty of highlights packages, green was first receiver gave dce room on the edges to do his stuff.
To be honest Trent ticks a lot of boxes in terms good first receiver, kicks goals, and he can tackle unlike green.
I got nothing against Hastings just not sure he the answer. There nothing stopping club signing Trent and still keeping Hastings if Trent works out he past it.

We just made the 8 and now without all these 'easliy' replaceable players you mention we wont make it we dont have the team or the depth i should say.. two injuries and we almost missed the 8. Now we will get Hodkinson LOLLLL you do the math.. and your wrong about lawremce he was the heart of oir team and really lifted in the earlier games when we had no marty or afb.. dont just throw him in the same boat as nate myld
Lawrence the heart of our team LOL!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12