Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I elevate it above Christians. Without apology. And thank my ma for things she taught me when I was young. Eg 'Don't believe things just becuase they are in the paper.' The lessons have served me well.
It is incumbent on everyone to think about their attitudes and beliefs, and why they hold them, and to question them, and question each other.
I question my beliefs and science also, it's not one sided.

Firstly, let me say I'm proud that my club has been the first to come up with such an initiative. Promoting inclusiveness is to be commended. Note, that is not forcing an opinion or agenda on players, staff or fans...just a recognition the LGBTQ community and what they have contributed to our club, be it as players, staff or fans.

What I will say though is that it appears the club has handled this a little poorly. The religious and cultural beliefs of the Polynesian community are no secret and, with such a heavy presence in our club, I think it may have been constructive to ask if anyone in the squad had any significant issues with the proposal. While the players involved may well have issues homosexuality, I think the lack of consultation is what they have the biggest issue with. Any issues could have been raised, discussed and a solution of some description found. I'd suggest a session with Ian Roberts discussing some of the problems he encountered, both before and after 'coming out', would have been helpful in illustrating why the club feels this initiative is an important one. For what it's worth, I think this is still something that could be done even now. Again, that is not to force and agenda or opinion on anyone but merely to present a different viewpoint.

If some players still felt it would be a betrayal of their beliefs and/or culture to wear the jersey then perhaps their absence from the team could have been 'managed', eg I fully expected more players to be missing this week due to COVID, perhaps that could have been given as the 'official' reason. While I don't agree with the beliefs in question, it's not my, or anyone's place, to tell them they can't have them and I don't see a public lynching as being helpful, hence 'managing' any player absence. That being said, they may well hold their convictions so strongly that they're fine with having the reason for their absence as public knowledge, aware of the potential backlash.

I do feel the club has missed an opportunity to utilise Ian Roberts here. Most of the disagreements on here and social media seem to be around not the beliefs themselves, but their right to hold them. I actually believe most people on both sides of this argument think the belief that homosexuality is in same way wrong or immoral is an antiquated one and one that should change. Maybe having a session with Ian Roberts would educate them a little and perhaps result in them challenging those beliefs. Again, not a forcing of a opinion but more an education piece and providing tools to reflect on and challenge what they have been led to believe.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with some of the opinions in my post....and that's absolutely fine.

Last edited:
It's been a marketing success, sold out jerseys and probably the biggest crowd of the season and a courageous win by the boys(oops that is not inclusive at all i mean "courageous win by "them") inspired by "inclusivity".

Or does Manly get a whipping and respond with "it was certainly a hard week, many lessons learned but it was a great turnout today showing the groundswell of support for our initiative"

@Dan some admin feedback.
1. When I was updating my profile I noticed no non binary option under sex.
2. No encouragement to declare pronouns
3. No rainbow eagles membership option. I am ready to sign up.

You gotta laugh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-193740_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-193740_Facebook.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 37
@Dan some admin feedback.
1. When I was updating my profile I noticed no non binary option under sex.
2. No encouragement to declare pronouns
3. No rainbow eagles membership option. I am ready to sign up.
I go by the pronouns "It, oi" and to my ex-wife dick head

I go by the pronouns "It, oi" and to my ex-wife dick head
Cool. I prefer adjectives rather than pronouns say like handsome and brilliant. Yeah my ex wife likely has a name like d head for me too. Can’t win them all over, hey.

Flogs on 360 reported it was 8 players initially, not 7.

Flogs on 360 also overwhelmingly slamming the club and supporting the boycott 7. Kunty was frothing.

James Graham the only one with any sense and reason, which says a lot about the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12