Penn State sacks another one.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes because he would nit have made more money playing rep footy, hang on its all about the dollars. Now you have confused me for real this time.
Money didn't matter - he figured he gets paid enough (which is true) and wanted to spend more time at home. Doesn't let outside noise influence him - he does what's best for him. In terms of being a top club man - no rep footy is great. It means more Killer for Manly.

So next year, even as much as he might like Tooves, he'll have no problem playing for Barrett. He'll just get on with it.

Yeah they worship a football coach who turned a blind eye to his assistant raping kids...
Yes I'm aware of that. It was a facetious comment, given that most people would understand that a Penn State graduate, or one of their current students, is hardly likely to be reading this...

What if Manly win a premiership in a few years, will the Penn's, Barrett and Bozo be given any credit then? If the club did need a broom put through it, why do only a half-baked job? If I was Toovey I would be more pissed at the players. Why wait until the coach gets sacked before you pull your finger out? Guilty conscience?

Good points, although a big part of the problem was:
1. From about Feb/March this year, Toovey wasn't allowed to negotiate with the players he wanted to keep beyond this season, leading to -
2. Club management doing the running on the DCE/Foran stuff. They stuffed it completely until Fulton came along and pulled Shoeless Joe...sorry, Clueless Joe Kelly out of the pooh. Notice how things have settled down on the field, when that was resolved? Just a shame that the CEO with Training Wheels (oops, sorry that was his predecessor, wasn't it), couldn't resolve things prior to season kick-off!
3. In concert with that was a media campaign designed to undermine the coach that started last year and was orchestrated by ZtH; with willing accomplices like Rothfield, Ritchie, Riccio and Weidler. I think some of them, like Riccio, even believe what they write is true.

Last edited:
I guess Donny Singe and Andre Richenback ( sorry if that's spelt incorrectly ) will be next , surely the wrath of Zorba can't leave one single person behind??

I understand about the " new coach new team" approach , and so can see why there's a new assistant coach , but for them to sack Giggy is just plain spite and nothing else !

Is anyone concerned that we may lose a senior player or two? With all the new signings I am concerned we may be well over the cap.
Its a sorry state of affairs at the club at the moment.

Is anyone concerned that we may lose a senior player or two? With all the new signings I am concerned we may be well over the cap.
Its a sorry state of affairs at the club at the moment.

With an outstanding administrator such as Joe Kelly, no chance of that.....Lol.

Ps: if the last one was on P Plates I'm not even sure this one has passed the basic L Plate test yet.

Will there be a big back lash from fans? How much on here will renew their membership next year?
There'd be backlash from people here if we won it all and everyone was retained. Just the nature of the internet...

Bull****, I've seen him in action, hugely respected in the player group, to call him a " peanut" tells me it's not second hand information you have but about 20th hand!!
My good mate Zorba was respected and loved by the player group as well and look what happened to him but life goes on and we are still and will always be the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

That will probably be next. If The Steve Gigg announcement doesn't derail the charge to the finals, Penn will need a back up plan.
The next thing is that the bus won't pick them up or they will send some one down to training with the flu to give to the squad so they can not play..

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8