Other Games [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's like the article earlier in the week about the refs being unfair to the roosters... led to the refs being overly favourable to the.....roosters.

Surprised anyone is shocked.

Just tie us down and force feed us the b/s that big brother Annesley keeps on dishing up and demand we like it.

"We all love big brother. nrl is omnipotent"

On a positive note, the Goosters are in gradual decline.

Who knows, maybe they can settle back into their traditional post-WWII mediocrity? The Hellenic Prince of William Street will not live forever and eventually Robertson will die of septicaemia or some such, as all those boils on his face burst at once and cause a severe infection.

With Roosters inc dominating the commentary - they only pipe up when it advantages the Cocks.
How bad was that dive at Kelly's legs when he went for the field goal, had me cringe. Yet there was Anasta trying to downplay it. VB man seriously could have broken his leg with that attempt and have a feeling if it was on Walker that a Broncos player would have been sent.

Also the smug cronk straight after on fox was just rubbing it in.

Man they are a joke of a club who got very I mean very very very lucky tonight.

I hope in the next few weeks they get one against them when it really counts
Mate they are ordinary. If they get 4th spot they will get hammered by Melb. Plus they will lose Radley now for possibly the next 2-3 games. They play Sts, Souths and Canberra coming home. 2 teams playing for a finals spot and their biggest rival. They will lose at least one and possibly 2 I think.

I had no idea you could challenge a 'no high tackle' ruling.
So, every time a player gets hit high and the ref doesn't notice can he challenge? Imagine how long a match could last.
And visa-versa; if a player is penalised for a high shot and he knows he didn't can he challenge?
Fair dinkum, this sport is so cocked-up with rules it is infuriating. The player's challenge doesn't work; they can't challenge a forward pass yet they can seemingly challenge the way a player tackles.
Crazy!
Yeah as long as there is a stop in play. So if you get hit high you could just drop the ball and say challenge the high tackle. Its a bit like the old days at school when someone wasn't playing fair you'd all put your hands on your head and not play anymore.

Looks like you can just challenge the whole last play. I dont think I've ever seen a captain's challenge for a head high. Worst call all year and no surprise it was Perenara
It was the biggest load of s&&@. It was t an error or a refs call. It was like a spoilt schoolboy throwing a tantrum. Disgrace and feel for Kevvie and the Broncs.

Well I knew I didn’t watch that game for a good reason!!

Can’t comment as didn’t see it but reading this thread tell me everything I need to know.

The game is degenerating into a farce, it’s plain to see.

On a positive note, the Goosters are in gradual decline.

Who knows, maybe they can settle back into their traditional post-WWII mediocrity? The Hellenic Prince of William Street will not live forever and eventually Robertson will die of septicaemia or some such, as all those boils on his face burst at once and cause a severe infection.
What you say is true about Politis, but thanks to him and others, the Roosters Club apparently owns assets well into the hundreds of millions.
The transit lounge is no more, as much as it pains me to say.

That call could have well determined 4th place for the roosters. Would of been a huge blessing if they went done and we come away with the points tonight. Into top 4.

yes, hard game against Canberra but chooks still have to play Souths. We are still a chance if we keep winning to grab that 4th spot.

Hopefully a win tonight

Also listening to Fitler and SBW defending Radleys charge down as the correct play (which of course it is, but not when you take out the legs) and that there was no malice, no case to answer but then we have a non biased opinion, Gallen saying it looked bad. For mine it was bad and I think Radley will find himself sitting out a couple more.
100% agree.

What people keep getting wrong is believing the rules of the game come down entirely to intent. That’s not the case. It’s unlucky what happened to Radley because he didn’t mean to take Kelly’s legs out, but he did and that’s what matters...

when a player knocks on, he doesn’t mean to but it’s still a knock on. When you attempt to charge down a kick and accidentally almost break the opposition players legs, you don’t mean to, but it’s still a penalty.

bad luck happens in games but does not cancel out the rules. Nothing stopping Radley charging down the kick without wiping out the opposition; I’ve seen it done plenty of times.

Like many of you, I watched the Broncos with a vested interest in seeing them beat the Chooks for Manly's sake. What an insight into being a Donkeys supporter this year it was. Complete rocks and diamonds. Moments of inspiration mixed with Keystone Cops farce and errors that you would be ashamed of at schoolboys level.

Broncos get a penalty 3 or so minutes out, go ahead by a point - look set for the win. Then knock-on from the first play the ball after 'winning' the short kick off from the Roosters.

Lots of ability scattered across the Broncos team, but soft in the head when it comes to fundamentals and concentrating on the task at hand for 80 minutes. Conceding the Tedesco try minutes after scoring up the other end - another good example. Maybe Kevvie says all the right things to these players - hard to tell - but they don't listen and apply, especially when some breaks do go their way.

What you say is true about Politis, but thanks to him and others, the Roosters Club apparently owns assets well into the hundreds of millions.
The transit lounge is no more, as much as it pains me to say.
Yes I know. The post was just a flight of fancy. However they still have their down years, including at least one ‘spoon this century.

100% agree.

What people keep getting wrong is believing the rules of the game come down entirely to intent. That’s not the case. It’s unlucky what happened to Radley because he didn’t mean to take Kelly’s legs out, but he did and that’s what matters...

when a player knocks on, he doesn’t mean to but it’s still a knock on. When you attempt to charge down a kick and accidentally almost break the opposition players legs, you don’t mean to, but it’s still a penalty.

bad luck happens in games but does not cancel out the rules. Nothing stopping Radley charging down the kick without wiping out the opposition; I’ve seen it done plenty of times.
Exactly the same as CHN's high shot on Hughes. I'm 100% sure that wasn't his intent but he got it wrong and will now face time on the sidelines. That's why the have the wording "careless" and "reckless" - they don't say "intentional" and "unintentional". If you are going to throw yourself into physical contact situations without 100% control then you have to accept there is a risk it goes wrong. Radley should be cited and suspended for a good stretch for that effort because whilst it may not have been intentional it was extremely reckless diving in at the legs of a kicker.

Like many of you, I watched the Broncos with a vested interest in seeing them beat the Chooks for Manly's sake. What an insight into being a Donkeys supporter this year it was. Complete rocks and diamonds. Moments of inspiration mixed with Keystone Cops farce and errors that you would be ashamed of at schoolboys level.

Broncos get a penalty 3 or so minutes out, go ahead by a point - look set for the win. Then knock-on from the first play the ball after 'winning' the short kick off from the Roosters.

Lots of ability scattered across the Broncos team, but soft in the head when it comes to fundamentals and concentrating on the task at hand for 80 minutes. Conceding the Tedesco try minutes after scoring up the other end - another good example. Maybe Kevvie says all the right things to these players - hard to tell - but they don't listen and apply, especially when some breaks do go their way.
Lack of experienced on-field leadership, especially in the key positions such as halves, is probably their main shortcoming. Kevvie may or may not be a quality NRL coach but I wouldn't be too critical of him yet, he's got them going better than last year.

The captains challenge rules are on page 70 of link. It seems to me that the rules say that last night all the Roosters could challenge was the referee's call to stop play as the Rooster couldn't play the ball properly.

The captain can only challenge decisions by the Referee which cause play to stop. (i.e. any decision by the referee to ‘play-on’ cannot be challenged)

And as there was no penalty they couldn't challenge is the way I read it

Attachments

• 334C31AD-3D89-42F8-91C8-FC20F3E2DE06.jpeg
    334C31AD-3D89-42F8-91C8-FC20F3E2DE06.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 10

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14