Other Games [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hit the ball not his head and how does Teddy challenge a high shot when it wasn‘t even a penalty, the ref call the knock on in the play the ball.
So…would Teddy have challenged if they didn’t lose the ball?
Me thinks not but he thought on his feet and jagged it. He had nothing to lose.
The anomaly with the captains challenge is you can only challenge when the play has stopped and only that tackle, so it’s the luck of the draw in most cases.

I'm still trying to work out how they got to challenge it. The tackle was complete, they made an error in playing the ball. Surely you can't go back to the previous play ?
So corrupt on multiple levels. The game has truly been screwed over. Occasionally a none NRL favourite will get to win a premiership - but they'll need to play at superhuman levels to do so. Penrith got no 50/50 calls in last year's GF.

PVL says it's all about roster management. The game is broken.

What I don't understand:
  • High tackle was not called by the referee (so there is nothing to challenge?)
  • It was still play on after the ball got knocked out
  • Roosters got the ball back, the tackle was completed
  • They then played the ball and lost it

And THEN the Roosters managed to challenge the previous play and somehow get a penalty out of it. How?

So any error in the play the ball means you can challenge everything back to the previous successful play the ball ?? That's BS. The play ends when the tackle is complete. The next play starts when you commence the ruck - i.e. attempt to play the ball. The NRL is adjudicated by morons
Definitely how it should be. The held call should be the mark between tackles, not a successful PTB. Seems like another lack of attention to detail from the NRL. Don't think it's happened before and they've probably never thought about it.

They’re one game away from equaling the all time record for consecutive wins and have broken all kinds of point scoring records; scoring over 40 points in over ten games.I think they’re as good as the majority believe them to be.

they keep winning where other teams would have completely turned it up after such a long run. The recent close games in the last month are a more reflection of the mental and physical fatigue of winning 18 games in a row, as opposed to an indicator that they are not that good. We win a lousy three on trot and drop in intensity and lose to Raiders and Knights.
All time scoring records..come on. The 6 to go contributed to that. Past great sides if they had the same rules would of scored similar. Telling you, they wont win it this year.

I had no idea you could challenge a 'no high tackle' ruling.
So, every time a player gets hit high and the ref doesn't notice can he challenge? Imagine how long a match could last.
And visa-versa; if a player is penalised for a high shot and he knows he didn't can he challenge?
Fair dinkum, this sport is so cocked-up with rules it is infuriating. The player's challenge doesn't work; they can't challenge a forward pass yet they can seemingly challenge the way a player tackles.
Crazy!

Also listening to Fitler and SBW defending Radleys charge down as the correct play (which of course it is, but not when you take out the legs) and that there was no malice, no case to answer but then we have a non biased opinion, Gallen saying it looked bad. For mine it was bad and I think Radley will find himself sitting out a couple more.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10