Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have deleted a couple of posts that are racist and in poor taste. You don't like it set up your own website. This place will never be like the scumhole that The Kennel is while I have anything to do with it.

Most comments have been fine and that is appreciated so enjoy discussing RL.

I posted a while back that if this was confirmed then I would consider it a really low act and stand by that. Looking at the money offered then I can understand the decision but I am not convinced about the 'rightness' of that action. Now that it is confirmed I don't wish him any ill-will but wouldn't be unhappy with a long run with his back injury (right after collecting another ring this year).

You can have a great pack but it means nothing if you don't have quality Halves.
Hodko, keating and Renyolds are toilers at best.

Cameron said:
You can have a great pack but it means nothing if you don't have quality Halves.

Reynolds is MUCH better than you think mate. Origin material if you ask me.

Ryan said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
I have to admit, I'm filthy at him on various levels. He gave us crap football, injuries and suspensions for MOST of his time with us, then pisses off to the highest bidder.

I love Des Hasler, don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the top 3 league coaches in the game. But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

The Bulldogs have a track record of breaching the rules, laws and salary cap. There is more to this than meets the eye.

So Ryan, your telling me if you were offered 200K more a year in your given field ud knock it back?

Get a grip mate, the kids made the right decision for him and his family,as you would if you were in his position.

As for Des, he is fair game after what he did to the club IMO

Honestly, I think there is a whole lot more to it than that mate. Things to consider for mine (some more important than others):-

+ Demographic - do I want to live at Manly, or Belmore, because I sure as heck won't be travelling 4 hours a day;
+ People culture - What I mean by that is that at this stage of his life, he'll be around 27 odd at contracts end. Do I want my kids going to school in Bankstown, Lakemba and Aubun?;
+ Family - Family is very important. Maybe his parent live out west?
+ Career potential - who's going to provide you with the best opportunities to grow your career?
+ Mateship - Are my friends going to die in the trenches with me game day?
+ Post Football Potential - Club hoppers tend to struggle a lot more than loyal players in any said demographic using their "celebrity" to attain work once the career is done

Goes on, and on, and on.

I still think Tony Williams owes this club a lot more than he has given us. He gave us 1.5 years of the most frustrating slow, lethargic and lumbering play. We stuck with the big lump through those trials, and he ups and jumps ship, giving us nominal value return for our investment.

What pisses me off as well, is I still believe while he was maturing as a player, plodding along, we missed the opportunity to lock in guys like Rodney, Tasi and co, who were actually quite good from the get go (Tasi at Roosters).

Yep, I'm not happy about it. The club as a whole could have used the PR associated with him knocking back Des, but he has basically spit in the clubs face in my opinion by running to the bloke, who could have potentially burnt us, and many of our players careers with his greed, in Des.

In my opinion, the one saving grace for the oaf, was that he started finally repaying the years of frustration people had to deal with, with him, but no.....he's giving that the bird now.

Give up 200k per season? You are kidding. He doesn't have to move belmore, he could still live on the north shore and still hang out with his mates at Manly. Players from different clubs do get together socially.
I think he originally came from the bankstown area anyway, so he knows what the area is like.

The dog might be a great coach but he, imo, knew exactly what he was doing and in cohoots with greenturd. The guy is scum as far as I'm concerned.

We wouldn't be struggling to keep players if he hadn't gone and signed a heap of the older brigade. We could of let some go. Why didn't he sign the young guns up as a priority? We could have possibly signed them long-term earlier and cheaper. I think he was scheming to lure players away as soon as he agreed to terms with the dogs. Why did only the gun players have get-out clauses in their contracts if he was sacked?

I'm not happy that he leaving but T-Rex would be mad not to take up the offer. Time to move on and sign up the players we want to retain.

Loyalty in rugby league is very rare when huge dollars are waved in your face.

I don't mind the trolls so much but they are only coming from the dogs. What I don't like is blokes like invisible who come across as if they are wanting a legitimate discussion then run back to the kennel trying to improve their status there. Bullgoggy is an obvious troll who thinks that signing one of our players is the equivalent to winning a gf. It's not and we all know it, they sort of did eight years ago but that win will always be mired in controversy. And eight years was a long time ago

We all wanted to keep TRex but if someone walks up to you in a pub and wants to buy the schooner you just got but spilled half of it out for three times what the bar tender charged you then you would let him have it.

And not hate beer.

Top End Eagle said:
I don't mind the trolls so much but they are only coming from the dogs. What I don't like is blokes like invisible who come across as if they are wanting a legitimate discussion then run back to the kennel trying to improve their status there. Bullgoggy is an obvious troll who thinks that signing one of our players is the equivalent to winning a gf. It's not and we all know it, they sort of did eight years ago but that win will always be mired in controversy. And eight years was a long time ago

We all wanted to keep TRex but if someone walks up to you in a pub and wants to buy the schooner you just got but spilled half of it out for three times what the bar tender charged you then you would let him have it.

And not hate beer.

All I said was T Rex will fit in well at the Bulldogs. Do people on this forum struggle to read and understand simple posts or what? Plz grow up, not once have i trolled

I'll cliffnote post on this.

It's already down on record that I'm surprised by this as I was honestly certain he would remain at Manly.

The Bulldogs offered him $200k MORE over the length of the entire contract $50k a season more.

Everyone needs to think about this though. Some people have really close knit families. They support family strongly. In the case of earning a large income, they will send money back to their extended famiy living overseas to help provide a better life for them as well.

Ryan said:
Cameron said:

Reynolds is MUCH better than you think mate. Origin material if you ask me.

Your on drugs, Put down the crack pipe mate. He is an ok player who gives 100%, a bit like Travis Burns but he is not a great half and is certainly not in the same class as Foran or DCE.

MrInvisible said:
The Bulldogs offered him $200k MORE over the length of the entire contract $50k a season more.
Bulldogs offered him 600k per season (massive overs btw), Manly offered him under 500k a season, that's more then 100k a season, probably closer to 150k. He would not have left it it were only 50k a season difference.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I am not so sure Ryan

In RLW last June or July I think it was, there was a bit in the mole column, saying that a coach from a top team had approached another club about coaching them, that turned out to be Des. He is smart enough to know what he was doing, if that info was on the money
Word is, des also approached the tigers.

I don't want to keep raising mod issues but some good folks on here have flagged a racist post just put up, which has been removed. Please be mindful of what you post. Thanks.

MrInvisible said:

It's already down on record that I'm surprised by this as I was honestly certain he would remain at Manly.

Everyone needs to think about this though. Some people have really close knit families. They support family strongly. In the case of earning a large income, they will send money back to their extended famiy living overseas to help provide a better life for them as well.
In correct manly offered him 400k a season 3 years 1.2
The dogs he is on 600 a season 4 years 2.4mil

If you are gonna post here tell the truth don't lie.
I do understand that's new concept for your club and fan base.

Mrs I and his mates were bagging Trex a few days ago on The Kennel now they love him.....

And for you to question our salary cap is just hilarious.. Have a look at your player list champ and do the sums. Brown paper bags at the Bought not Bred Bulldogs.

bulldoggy said:
Top End Eagle said:

And not hate beer.

All I said was T Rex will fit in well at the Bulldogs. Do people on this forum struggle to read and understand simple posts or what? Plz grow up, not once have i trolled
nah,not all of us mate,your post was ok

the mauler said:
Mrs I and his mates were bagging Trex a few days ago on The Kennel now they love him.....

And for you to question our salary cap is just hilarious.. Have a look at your player list champ and do the sums. Brown paper bags at the Bought not Bred Bulldogs.

1 player bought and now we're labelled "bought not bred"? makes sense

bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

its true though

bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

1 player??? Is that a joke??? Have a look at your roster champ, more like 1 player that wasn't bought... Lol

Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:

In correct manly offered him 400k a season 3 years 1.2
The dogs he is on 600 a season 4 years 2.4mil

If you are gonna post here tell the truth don't lie.
I do understand that's new concept for your club and fan base.
As I said the numbers being tossed around by the media are incorrect.

Manly offered $400k, Bulldogs offered $450k a season. The extra money over 4 years swayed Tony, plus chance to work with Inu.

the mauler said:

Rugby League is a business. The sooner people realise that, the sooner they can get over bred not bought tags.

I don't remember any Roosters supporters on here trolling when they signed JWH and Tasi or Panthers supporters when they signed Whare. I guess it just comes down to the mentallity of certain club supporters or lack of mental capacity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8