Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spot on mauler a high % of players don't have great earnings potential after footy so it's ludicrous to suggest that they should knock back an extra $200k. The fact that it took him so long to make the decision is a testament to the fact that he would have preferred to stay

Kiwi Eagle said:
I am not so sure Ryan

In RLW last June or July I think it was, there was a bit in the mole column, saying that a coach from a top team had approached another club about coaching them, that turned out to be Des. He is smart enough to know what he was doing, if that info was on the money

Kiwi, Im thinking that that is actually what Ryan meant in his post. If I re-read this part thats what i get:

Ryan said:
But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

Victor Meldrew said:
Now that Trex is extinct, could this thread go the same way please Mods?

Why. This is a valid thread about footy and Manly.

This initial reaction to T Rex moving on will be forgotten when he destroys opposition defences come finals time.
Blowing up is giving these scummy Dog supporters excitement - unlike their team in recent years - so lets save the hate till 2013 on T Rex - for now he still is a Seaeagle.

The hate is not directed at T Rex he has done what he thinks is best for his future and so be it. The hate is directed at the architects of all this, the dog parasites Ha$ler & Greenturd.

mickqld said:
The hate is not directed at T Rex he has done what he thinks is best for his future and so be it. The hate is directed at the architects of all this, the dog parasites Ha$ler & Greenturd.

lolol the hatred in this thread is disgusting.

You guys need to settle down and accept the fact that T Rex has decided to move on to a team that will better suit his needs. Neither Des Hasler or Greenberg have done anything wrong, they made a move to sign a player IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CLUB.

I feel sorry for you if you are sour about that but it happens bros. Such is life in the NRL

Some people take this whole fan rivalry business way too seriously, they come here for a reaction, and the sad thing is is that we give it to them, play the game ! No use in agruing a point when we know we have a better team, and a better culture. I laugh at people that think their team is better than ours, it may come across as obnoxious in a way, but we are manly " Everyone hates us and i really dont care "

the mauler said:
Ryan said:
I have to admit, I'm filthy at him on various levels. He gave us crap football, injuries and suspensions for MOST of his time with us, then pisses off to the highest bidder.

I love Des Hasler, don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the top 3 league coaches in the game. But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

The Bulldogs have a track record of breaching the rules, laws and salary cap. There is more to this than meets the eye.

So Ryan, your telling me if you were offered 200K more a year in your given field ud knock it back?

Get a grip mate, the kids made the right decision for him and his family,as you would if you were in his position.

As for Des, he is fair game after what he did to the club IMO

Honestly, I think there is a whole lot more to it than that mate. Things to consider for mine (some more important than others):-

+ Demographic - do I want to live at Manly, or Belmore, because I sure as heck won't be travelling 4 hours a day;
+ People culture - What I mean by that is that at this stage of his life, he'll be around 27 odd at contracts end. Do I want my kids going to school in Bankstown, Lakemba and Aubun?;
+ Family - Family is very important. Maybe his parent live out west?
+ Career potential - who's going to provide you with the best opportunities to grow your career?
+ Mateship - Are my friends going to die in the trenches with me game day?
+ Post Football Potential - Club hoppers tend to struggle a lot more than loyal players in any said demographic using their "celebrity" to attain work once the career is done

Goes on, and on, and on.

I still think Tony Williams owes this club a lot more than he has given us. He gave us 1.5 years of the most frustrating slow, lethargic and lumbering play. We stuck with the big lump through those trials, and he ups and jumps ship, giving us nominal value return for our investment.

What pisses me off as well, is I still believe while he was maturing as a player, plodding along, we missed the opportunity to lock in guys like Rodney, Tasi and co, who were actually quite good from the get go (Tasi at Roosters).

Yep, I'm not happy about it. The club as a whole could have used the PR associated with him knocking back Des, but he has basically spit in the clubs face in my opinion by running to the bloke, who could have potentially burnt us, and many of our players careers with his greed, in Des.

In my opinion, the one saving grace for the oaf, was that he started finally repaying the years of frustration people had to deal with, with him, but no.....he's giving that the bird now.

Saving money is all im thinking about, we got a premiership out of trex, sure it took him forever to realise his potential but im not that angry that hes going, we will have alot more guys come through our system that will want to be here rather then turn their backs on the club and mates like trex has. Money is a huge factor in life these days. His family would have been a huge factor in his decision(How much of his salary would be going to extended family) ? Im just extremely happy we have retained our halves, you build a team around them two ! You dont build a team around individuals.

I think alot of players are getting way ahead of themselves these days ! The dogs have paid overs for Tony and they may come to regret that (I hope tats the case). All in all its ad to see him go, but he can be replaced, our halves cant !

You know mods,you get banned on the kennel for trolling

Maybe there should be a zero tolerance on dogs supporters
who troll here

TDog made his decision probably with the advice from Family who live somewhere out that way so let's just move on

The Eagle said:
You know mods,you get banned on the kennel for trolling

Maybe there should be a zero tolerance on dogs supporters
who troll here

But manly fans who post on the kennel aren't called "wankers" after posting in a public thread. I haven't posted anything stupid, nor have I attempted to bait anyone to insult me, so please tell me how I am trolling? Some people's reactions on here have been a bit hostile, maybe you should read the post rather than insult me for no reason

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8