Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So is this official? A friend Bulldogs supporter told me he has changed his mind & might not take the offer. What's going on?

Aetna said:
So is this official? A friend Bulldogs supporter told me he has changed his mind & might not take the offer. What's going on?

APRIL FOOLS!

I really couldnt care if tony williams has gone to the dogs, we have bigger issues in re signing players that have bled for manly (Matt Ballin). Trex going frees up some cash for us to hopefully retain some players, and then add maybe 1 new player to our roster, just who that new player yet is beyond me but i would love a young forward. Sika i believe isnt the right man for the job.

See ya trex have fun playing with the dogs, everything is revolved around money these days, especially in this day and age, he just wants to get along in life........Shame its with the Bulldogs !

And by the time he takes the field again for Manly most of the initial anguish and bitterness would have left the majority of Manly supporters for his desertion and we will again expect him to crush defenders in his way. ;^)

Trex, a luxury not a necessity. I can live with that. Good luck to the big fella! Hopefully he can cause some damage on his way out.

I have to admit, I'm filthy at him on various levels. He gave us crap football, injuries and suspensions for MOST of his time with us, then pisses off to the highest bidder.

I love Des Hasler, don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the top 3 league coaches in the game. But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

The Bulldogs have a track record of breaching the rules, laws and salary cap. There is more to this than meets the eye.

I am not so sure Ryan

In RLW last June or July I think it was, there was a bit in the mole column, saying that a coach from a top team had approached another club about coaching them, that turned out to be Des. He is smart enough to know what he was doing, if that info was on the money

Seriously this is no great loss. We don't need him anyway and can now look at re-signing Ballin and Snake. If we lose either of these two then I'll be guttered.

Ryan said:
I have to admit, I'm filthy at him on various levels. He gave us crap football, injuries and suspensions for MOST of his time with us, then pisses off to the highest bidder.

I love Des Hasler, don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the top 3 league coaches in the game. But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

The Bulldogs have a track record of breaching the rules, laws and salary cap. There is more to this than meets the eye.

Hay Ryan you better send me another applause ,here it comes

I AGREE WITH YOU RYAN. GOOD POST.

I can't help laughing at the $600,000 pricetag the dogs are paying for him.

While i think he's a game winner, this type of money is reserved for dominant halves and hookers who are consistently winning games for you.

I'm glad we offered the $400,000 as it made the dogs up their offer. The money they have paid for him will mean 1 less player they get to sign.

I don't mind trex taking that sort of money to leave. While it's offered, he had to take it. No hard feelings......i am a bit relieved and now want Matty Ballin, Brett and hopefully Darcy signed up now.

It will be worth the loss of trex to have these signed up.

Victor Meldrew said:
Good luck TDog, no need for you to buy a bigger trophy cabinet though mate, you wont be needing it where your going.

How's Richard Wilson these days Vic? Still kicking along, or has he got one foot in the grave?

Phantar said:
Victor Meldrew said:
Good luck TDog, no need for you to buy a bigger trophy cabinet though mate, you wont be needing it where your going.

How's Richard Wilson these days Vic? Still kicking along, or has he got one foot in the grave?

Still getting about, he has got a gig in the TV series Merlin, but prefered him in the other series, he had some great one liners.

Now that Trex is extinct, could this thread go the same way please Mods?

Ryan said:

There's no more to this than meets the eye its all plain as day. Hasler was signing players to short term contracts and not negotiating to upgrade others knowing full well he was going to coach the dogs in 2013. The ones he had planned to take with him, both the Stewarts,Foran,T Rex possibly Matai all should have been locked up with longer contracts without get out clauses. He did sign up the ageing players he didn't want at the dogs King, Kite, Rose.
I have absolutely zero respect for this man. He might be a top line coach but he is the lowest piece of garbage to ever grace the rugby league community. The man is not worthy of any mention in any piece of Sea Eagles history ever again. I bought last years GF jersey with all the players names on it and it makes me sick every time I see his name on that jersey.

mickqld said:
Ryan said:

There's no more to this than meets the eye its all plain as day. Hasler was signing players to short term contracts and not negotiating to upgrade others knowing full well he was going to coach the dogs in 2013. The ones he had planned to take with him, both the Stewarts,Foran,T Rex possibly Matai all should have been locked up with longer contracts without get out clauses. He did sign up the ageing players he didn't want at the dogs King, Kite, Rose.
I have absolutely zero respect for this man. He might be a top line coach but he is the lowest piece of garbage to ever grace the rugby league community. The man is not worthy of any mention in any piece of Sea Eagles history ever again. I bought last years GF jersey with all the players names on it and it makes me sick every time I see his name on that jersey.

^this

Meh, bye bye TRex. We kept our halves and Matai, which were far more important for me.

One more thing. His actions have tainted one of the finest premiership victories in this clubs history. His greed, selfishness and duplicitious actions in this whole sickening episode marks him as a person of very little moral conviction.You uldn't be upfront and be a man about is De$ could you. You didn't have the guts to front up and say you were moving on in mid 2011 like other coaches did. It wouldn't have suited your purpose of trying to poach and pillage the club that gave you a job,a life and a very comfortable one at that.
I hope you are happy over there in moral vaccum town De$. You fit right in with that souless, gutless **** of a club run by other self serving parasites.

Ryan said:

So Ryan, your telling me if you were offered 200K more a year in your given field ud knock it back?

Get a grip mate, the kids made the right decision for him and his family,as you would if you were in his position.

As for Des, he is fair game after what he did to the club IMO

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4