NRL are committing suicide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
On that basis always felt if you lay down from a tackle- auto 5-10 minutes off....these blokes get the call and jump to feet with a wink pis* me off
It could work but how does a ref determine on the spot if the player is actually injured/hurt or not in the heat of the moment?

I gotta stick with what I see K777 and your near my fave on this site
Really feel they could plan more blockbuster games this round and it's the real factor of making a better spectacle....you almost made me change my mind with the Trent Robinson reference as hate Roosters and he annoys the F**k outta me
Lol - classic. He really did sat that Maxta. I ain't telling a fib. He is in the top five most annoying league personalities in my opinion. Right at the very pinnacle of the dartboard favourites.

Lol - classic. He really did sat that Maxta. I ain't telling a fib. He is in the top five most annoying league personalities in my opinion. Right at the very pinnacle of the dartboard favourites.
Mate I can stick him as my Bullseye- that Red thing
The way Old Wayne Bennett I seen since we bounced opinions summed it up is pretty accurate and the truth falls somewhere between our thoughts on this stuff if u get a chance to see it

My problem with this 'black-and-white rule about touching the head is that there are so many times it happens accidentally. If there is no on-field discretion for accidental contact then we are going to see numerous players binned/sent off every match.

Give it two weeks and there will be no head contact in the game.

They stamped out shoulder charges, chicken wings, cannon balls other illegal tackles out of the game the same way. This is no different.

Manly led the way and proved to be one of the smartest teams. That's the way the game is from now on.

There is a thread in here about shoulder charges from about 2017. And you can find and replace 'shoulder charge' with 'high contact' the threads are that similar.

The funniest thing is how the commentary around the farce has suddenly done an about face. It's gone from - "This isn't the game I played'" to - he needs to go for a waist tackle because he twisted the weight of his body.

All it took was Robinson supporting the initiative for the tune to change.

NRL - Not Rugby League.
NRL……..National Roosters League!

I bet there will be no back down - even in origin.

Give it two weeks and there will be no head contact in the game.

They stamped out shoulder charges, chicken wings, cannon balls other illegal tackles out of the game the same way. This is no different.

Manly led the way and proved to be one of the smartest teams. That's the way the game is from now on.
As much as I was like the rest in regards to some of the bins being ott and ruining sone games. There is a solution to this, don’t make contact with the head. Gambles shot although not bin worthy was lazy and high due to the fact Garrick had beaten him. It was also his second high shot in the game. Most of the high shots were lazy efforts by guys trying to tackle too high. They do need to reward legs tackles more though. I think a 5 second hold down for a legs tackle is fair reward. I’m happy to let this rule run it’s course and see how it goes. Until of course we lose a player and it impacts our game, then I’ll blow up deluxe! Lol

If any positives come out of this knee-jerk crackdown one might be the return of the legs tackle. But the only way that would work is if the ref rewarded such scything tackles by allowing the tackler to get to his feet and return to the defensive line before the tackled player plays the ball.
I used to enjoy watching a low tackle (performed by such players as Allan Thompson, Ian Martin, Randall, Vautin, Beaver etc) as much as a clever run. It's been missing from the sport for the past 20 years, and I welcome its return.
spot on
Jake is a great classic tackler as well
The rules have supported the wrestle with all this dominant tackle surrender bull****
Time for them to be updated to protect the head and bring back the classic 1on1 shoulder into the midriff

The blowout scorelines were present before the sendoffs so you can't blame em for that

Im all for protecting the head but the league has negated any reward for a legs tackle which has created this issue to a point. In order to give the same reward for a legs tackle now, you would have to allow the flop back into the game which was the target of previous crackdowns. DERRRR

Otherwise the 6 again rule will be minor in increasing the speed of the game compared to getting legs tackles back in the game without reward. Get ready for the legs kicking out and catching people in the face crackdown

Until the league takes a good think about the problems they have cuased by constantly tinkering with the rules the game will go backwards.

They have been the games worst enemy , that and the ego stopping them from admitting it

The current speed of the game coupled with the rule changes that made leg tackles a poor reward , under the current interchange rule has created a perfect storm

Sure small players are starting to be back in vogue but are a minority due to the rules from the last decade

Do the league ever have an idea of whta our game will look like in 5-10 years time.

Way too much post football early dementia.
Shots to the head must stop.
It’s the how that might be up for debate not the why.

Croker should have been off. Snake was taken off and the grand final chances shot. No one cared about head injuries then.
That whole play design was sickening, and pretty much defines Craig Bellamy's coaching legacy to my mind: kick the ball as high as you can with the sole intention of taking out the fullback as soon as he catches the ball.

They do it in junior football
Yep the mandate obviously went all the way down to junior footy even in the bush, our local juniors was a joke on Sat, they may as well not of played, there was no flow, the ref blew his whistle constantly, the repeated call was high, my boy was sent, it was a total joke, what a mess, surely it could of and needed to be handled with more thought, time and respect for the outcome.

Ennis & Blocker were talking about tackling around the legs last night & saying from a defender's perspective, the risk/reward ratio is poor as you increase the chances of a head knock on a knee or hip.

It really is a conundrum.

They definitely need to clearly define the various levels of head contact from accidental to deliberate & the applicable punishment for each as it was very inconsistent over the weekend

Ok, to help the players and coaches out as they seem to be struggling with this complex rule, I've created the following informative diagram:

TYMbn3e.jpg

What an utter farce Magic Round has been.

The product we have now is ****; plain and simple.

No one wants to see such lopsided results. Every week teams are getting smacked by 30+ points and it's a stupid spectacle. Then to have players marched for 10 and/or sent off for accidental contact is plain stupid.

I am no dinosaur and I understand that we need the game cleaned up but the way they've gone about it is so dumb. **** back off to racing where you belong V'landys.
and the trouble started i.e. we started losing the game when it became a "product", it totally sh*ts me that RL is now an entertainment package, I shudder when I hear it referred to as "a product".... and I agree with those that say in a few years it will be touch football .... I will no longer be a "consumer of the product"

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8